realmarco

where is this ? (with pic)

Postby realmarco » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:34 am

remmeber this on BFD1's Gui ?

Where is that on BFD 3

jord

Re: where is this ? (with pic)

Postby jord » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:06 pm

If you're referring to the controls, that is the Kit Property Inspector that's on the right side. Everything is in there.

jord
Real guitar heroes play real guitars

Jan.Schoene

Postby Jan.Schoene » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:24 pm

Long time no see (12 years) - thanks for this throwback sunday :-)
To avoid questions:
MacBook Pro Retina, Core i7 2,6GHz, 16GB RAM, OS X 10.14.6, Logic Pro X, Cubase Pro 10, BFD3 (always latest stable), BFD Eco, BFD Eco DV

ericthompson001

Postby ericthompson001 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:42 am

Hello,
I just bought fairly heavily into BFD3 this week coming from AD2 and ToonTracks. I am Installing BFD and associated packs now and so far I am extremely pleased with the product. The ability to use my own samples which is unique to only a few drum centered audio software products will likely be of great use the drummers who use our studio. This question, while it is posed in a decidedly primitive manner is actually a very poignant and market aware question in my opinion.

For the most part all reviews of the BFD I read mention the interface in a less enthusiastic light. The look and feel of the BFD3 interface has been the topic of some criticisms. Some call it lackluster, some say that some buttons far too small, or that the design looks "aged".

Combine this real world observation with the fact that pretty much every other drum vst/production module on the market uses colorful kit graphics in the "kit view" and this is a good question that should probably be repeated inside the organization. By glibly answering such a question we are effectively putting our heads in the sand instead of taking advantage of free consumer feedback. While I have no need for the colored or animated graphic of each kit, the market shows that it is expected by more than a few people. So yes ...where is the nice drum kit graphic? ;)

ericthompson001

Postby ericthompson001 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:57 pm

Kontakt by Native Instruments has proven to be a very healthy and long lasting platform. The platform allows folks to create own libraries and put a pretty skin on the kontakt "instrument" and sell/trade individually.

This question about drum graphics representing each kit would be an enhancement request for BFD 3.

Not only add custom graphics for each kit in kit view for your libraries but allow the editing so users could add there own. (If I sample, a kit it would be nice if I could add graphics representing that kit. This makes me think a bit of amp sims that have a picture of the orange amp when you pull up the orange amp preset for example. It is a nice feature.

Return to “BFD3”