Forum

FXpansion Forum

Export creates audio files that are messed up

Product Support for BFD3

Moderator: Moderators

ionian

Export creates audio files that are messed up

Postby ionian » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:49 am

I'm trying to use export so I can export all my drums to their own tracks to re-import into my DAW as audio tracks but no matter what I do, or what I select, the audio files are a mess. I'm not sure why this is happening though. I've attached an example.

I'm using Windows 7, and Presonus Studio one 4.1 as my DAW. I have nothing open besides Presonus, and I disabled all my plugins so there's nothing taking up memory or anything. Whether it's a real time export, or a fast export (by bouncing in Studio One) the result is the same - these messy audio files. Anyone have experience with this? It's all choppy and stuttering and indistinguishable. Here's a link to an mp3 of the snare

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wnNdxhs1Gy2FhvUD7c6BtK_58vTzNZ7b

Many thanks!

ionian

Re: Export creates audio files that are messed up

Postby ionian » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:46 pm

purtington wrote:The only thing I can suggest off the top of my head is to try putting BFD3 into, 'Offline Mode' before bouncing down.
You'll find it under the 'tools' menu.

Steve

Thanks for the suggestion, Steve. I just tried this, putting it in offline mode and then doing a non-realtime bounce but had the same exact result. A friend who heard it said it sounds almost like a sample rate issue. I work in in 96k and he suggested that the drum samples are in 44 or 48 and for some reason BFD3 isn't rendering them at the correct sample rate and causing the glitches.

I have Sonar but haven't used it in ages. I'm going to try this in Sonar so I can figure out if this is a DAW specific problem. If it renders fine in Sonar, then I know that there's some kind of a communication breakdown between Studio One and BFD3.

Frank

ionian

Postby ionian » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:15 pm

No, same thing in Sonar. Although it sounded a bit different so it's a different type of caca ahahaha

Here's a snare done in Sonar:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rrrP8 ... 7EF3krFZSY

So it's not a daw centric problem. Oh, well...the Export feature seemed awesome but there's a lot of ways to skin this cat thankfully...I can assign outputs in Studio One and have it bounce the outputs to audio, or I can just split pitches to tracks and then have Studio One render the midi tracks in audio.

I just liked the idea of export but if I can't get it working, I'll just have to do it another way.

jord

Postby jord » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:25 pm

Exporting in 96K will be very processor intensive, due to cross sampling from 44K, as well as disk traffic intensive, thus a double whammy. Are you exporting your drums to a separate drive?

jord
Real guitar heroes play real guitars

Return to “BFD3”