FXpansion Forum

BFD3 skipping excluded folder

Product Support for BFD3

Moderator: Moderators

gunderock21

BFD3 skipping excluded folder

Postby gunderock21 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:35 pm

Hey all,
I just updated the newest BFD3 update. Now my expansions are showing up but are being excluded for some reason. I'm on a Mac.
I run a content scan and it's says exclude folder. Is there a setting I should know of. It was working fine until today when I started up.
Thanks.

gunderock21

Re: BFD3 skipping excluded folder

Postby gunderock21 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:06 am

Guess I'm on the solo trip. I really like BFD3 but man they sure make it hard with the glitchy crap. I updated and lost all my paths to work like drum drop kits, London, Imperial, VRT and whatever kits really. This stuff is like the love you shouldn't follow after even though it sounds so great, but in the end you can't help it. I don't have time for a degree in computer science right now. SD3 is a quality setup for me without bugs and crashes yet It don't have what BFD3 has in terms of great sounding raw drums. It's frustrating to know that Roli will probably never respond. It's a shame too. Great sounds held back by some very average software in the end. Hopefully they come out this and make a stand.
Don't let the Swedes rule the ol' dart. No offense but come on Roli. You got a great thing don't let it die.

gunderock21

Postby gunderock21 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:54 pm

Hi Steve, Yeah nothing changed on my end until I did the dreaded update. I'm on a Mac and my samples all on external ssd drive. I actually dug up an old song on Studio 1 and found a Slingerland kit from drum drops and saved it to kits. It works even though the content path scan says its in an excluded folder. I guess maybe I could throw all my unseen stuff into the main core library folder and see if that fixes the problem. I hope FXpansion can find a fix sooner or later. It's too good to go under. Not sure if Roli has other plans but I hope they come back strong as I only got BFD3 last year and the sound quality is way too good to ignore.

jord

Postby jord » Wed May 01, 2019 12:34 am

Don't put anything into the core library as that might aggravate things. Did you check your external drive to ensure that it the permissions are being ignored? If you have tried running a scan on the drive, I would suggest to go into your application support folder and delete the BFD databases and redo your scanning.

jord
Real guitar heroes play real guitars

gunderock21

Postby gunderock21 » Wed May 01, 2019 3:02 am

thanks Jord. I didn't throw all my stuff into the core library folder like I thought I might. I did find that when I start assembling a kit from scratch and right clicking on drums that the missing kits are available as single drum pieces. So I'm pretty happy enough with that find. I appreciate the help though. You and Steve are the stalwarts here so I always tend to follow what you guy's put out on the table. Thank you both for the help.

Return to “BFD3”