BFD acquired by inMusic

Postby Living Room Rocker » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:57 pm

https://www.inmusicbrands.com/

Kind regards,

Living Room Rocker

Kypresso

Re: BFD acquired by inMusic

Postby Kypresso » Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:07 pm

lol, if you thought fxpansion support was crap, just wait until you have to deal with inmusic.

RIP bfd3.

Drew_BFDTeam

Postby Drew_BFDTeam » Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:47 pm

Kypresso wrote:lol, if you thought fxpansion support was crap, just wait until you have to deal with inmusic.

RIP bfd3.

I think there's a Mark Twain quote for this, somewhere ;)

WINZIP

Postby WINZIP » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:51 pm

I've seen this scenario enough times to know what it means.. :( If nothing else maybe we'll be sent a DRM free version once it's discontinued.

Mr Arkadin

Postby Mr Arkadin » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:50 am

Yeah, this is not great news, however it's being spun. InMusic are a terrible brand with a poor reputation.

Maybe FXpansion can survive the constant reselling like Steinberg, but I'm not terribly positive at this stage.

Living Room Rocker

Postby Living Room Rocker » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:41 pm

Just to be clear, inMusic only purchased BFD from FXpansion/ROLI, not all of FXpansion.

https://www.inmusicbrands.com/news/arti ... rument-bfd

Kind regards,

Living Room Rocker

kafka

Postby kafka » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:56 pm

Hmm. Not sure about this situation. AIR Instruments is one of the suites that I dropped because it was just too difficult to get updates or support.

Drew_BFDTeam

Postby Drew_BFDTeam » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:23 pm

kafka wrote:Hmm. Not sure about this situation. AIR Instruments is one of the suites that I dropped because it was just too difficult to get updates or support.

I can only repeat what I've said else where. The team is all very excited for the future. We've seen no reason to be worried about resources and control over the future of BFD. inMusic seem to be very supportive of what we were working on prior to the acquisition, and where we want to take BFD. I can't speak for other products obviously, but we all see this as a great opportunity.

zenman

Postby zenman » Fri May 22, 2020 12:26 am

Probably not a good time to be involved with the other products at fxpansion. inMusic probably using BFD to link to their hardware including the Akai and Alesis drum interfaces.

Seems like a good fit, except there is a product like BFD in the AIR brand.

BFD is on sale now for $150USD. Probably blowing it out to get a sales bump to increase the evaluation.

I see inMusic trying to get new subscribers and coming out with a new version shortly. No one releases new software when they are in talks of being acquired. So that would explain that it has been 6 years since BFD3.

BFD most likely will get rebranded into one of their existing brands, most likely AIR. This is a conglomerate, so don't expect anything but obvious decisions.

I never used Drum Syth 500, so maybe they will bury that in favor of BFD.

I don't see a buy and bury here. With no new releases in 6 years, I don't see BFD as a huge money maker for a conglomerate. But as a cash cow, it might be able to pay the base crew to maintain until future decisions are made.

Happy for the BFD team, looks like the better alternative.

Drew_BFDTeam

Postby Drew_BFDTeam » Fri May 22, 2020 9:28 am

One small point there - BFD is not being subsumed by AIR or any other of the inMusic brands. It will be a brand in its own right alongside the rest. I can't tell you what happened recently, but suffice to say there are some very cool things in the air.

Return to “BFD3”