Logic 8 & BFD - The Official Word, take 3 [Logic8 compatible BFD 1.5.47 now available, READ NOTES!] - Page 2 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Logic 8 & BFD - The Official Word, take 3 [Logic8 compatible BFD 1.5.47 now available, READ NOTES!]

Support for BFD Premium Acoustic Drum Module

Moderators: Drew_fx, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Moderators

Noisenet

Postby Noisenet » Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:38 am

Heya Angus,
Long time no tal...err...type....whatever.

Anyhow, when I last used BFD I was on a Windows machine, a couple of years ago. I'm finally in a position to get my studio back up and running, however, I'm now using a Mac. New iMac, Leopard 10.5.1, Logic Express 8.

I downloaded the file from my account page for Leopard & Logic 8. I have NOT tried to run the original install DVD's, will I need to do that first? I ask because the downloaded file seems awful small to give me all the functionality I remember from BFD. So as it stands now, where do I need to start, DVD's or the downloaded file?

Thanks in advance for your help!

SKoT_FX
Promulgator of Beats

Postby SKoT_FX » Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:34 am

Install BFD from the DVDs so you have all the sounds, manuals etc etc, then apply teh latest update over the top.

Noisenet

Postby Noisenet » Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:13 pm

Skot - thanks man. As always, you guys rule!

themose

Postby themose » Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:15 am

well after a few weeks digging and trying all sorts of stuff...

I have sort of discovered - haven't fixed it yet butu discovered at a couple of other forums - here may be the issue

1 - I am on a 15 inch MacBook pro - means I have in this particular unit a 5400 RPM drive

2 - I only have one Firewire port

3 - the hard drive I am using is chained with my MAudio Firewire Solo audio unit

According to a bunch of folks they suggest

1 - set the HD up as a RAID

2 - Try it without the audio divice chained

3 - swap out the HD for a 7200....

I haven't done any of this - Christmas atc atc and workin - buut worth a try to see if it works.

And yep i have downloaded and installed all the latest etc etc

set up

macbook pro 15 inch 2.16 dual

Leopard 10.5.1

Logic Express 8 nd Express 7.01

BFD

159360_BFD_Mac_Setup_Tiger_1-5-47-1

OK?????

jord

Postby jord » Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:23 am

Seeing as you're on a MBP, try getting a FW Express Card and either plugging the drive or audio interface in that. Thus, having a FW port for each unit to work uninterrupted. Definitely get a 7200 RPM drive for your internal HD.

As well, 1.5.47 works well for Logic 8, but has been known to cause problems in Logic 7, leaving in a terrible spot to keep installing different revs of BFD if you want to use different versions of Logic.

As a last resort, I'm in Toronto often (almost too often)... I could lend a hand.

jord
Real guitar heroes play real guitars

lindz

BFD & Logic 8 help needed

Postby lindz » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:38 pm

Hi....

I'm new to this forum but not new to using BFD. I recently upgraded from Logic 7 to Logic 8 and cannot get BFD to function as a multi-output instrument in Logic 8. I'm on a Mac Pro and have downloaded ver 1.5.47 and installed it properly. I've even followed Angus' troubleshooting post. Sadly I'm not having success setting up BFD as a multi-out instrument in Logic 8.

My question is: Can I run BFD as a multi-output instrument in Logic 8? If so how do I go about setting it up as such?

Also here's another thing that just showed up....since I've installed ver 1.5.47 I can no longer open old sessions in Logic 7 and have BFD work as a multi-output instrument.... I'm needing some help here and thanking you in advance for it.

Lindz

BeeLaster

Logic Pro 8/ BFD 1.5.47 Problems

Postby BeeLaster » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:24 am

Hello all- I am new here-

My specs- G5 Quad-Logic Pro 8- Tiger 10.4.10- Apogee Ensemble- 1.5 TB Raid-

I have followed the install instructions laid out at the top of this post- and two things to note have happened:

1. When I open BFD All in L8 I am able to hear only the OH output. My mixer has all the Aux channels I built for BFD and when I pull down the I/O menu on a given Aux channel I see "FXPansion BFD ReWire Device" and input options "RW:BFDs#1-17" but none of these inputs work. I also have an "Inst 2" input which appears to be the three stereo room mikes, namely "BFD All 1-2,3-4,5-6". These inputs work. The rest do not.

2. BFD no longer functions in L7 as a result of this version. Is there a way to restore functionality for L7?

I welcome any suggestions!

Thanks, Bee

BeeLaster

correction-

Postby BeeLaster » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:28 am

The Audio Instrument track that had BFD open on it is not the OH channel but a stereo sum of all the outputs.

sethaetf

Postby sethaetf » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:38 am

themose wrote:hmmmm pretty scary if I was a computer scientist I might attempt this...

Can I try

/users/havepaidgoodmoney/doesntwork/ever

/triedallthebugfixces/logic8/trashallsoftware/buyapc

Or maybe

/buysomeone/elses/software

/user/gotoanother/store/get real advice

Hey guys i bought BFD and logic on advice of music retailer - authorized Apple and BFD dealer Long & McQuade in Toronto

went back - they just scratch their heads - cool eh?

obviously neither these folks nor you guys have a clue.

hey thanks I enjoyed spending the money on software that won't work. Full stop.

pete@themose.ca

hmm, how about this one:

tried this/works perfectly/thanks a lot tech guys/you rock

seriously though, in an industry where a lot of the time customer service / bug fixes can be hard to come by (motu anyone, lol) I think it's great you guys are on top of this stuff, cheers.

baikonour

Re: BFD & Logic 8 help needed

Postby baikonour » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:22 pm

lindz wrote:Hi....

I'm new to this forum but not new to using BFD. I recently upgraded from Logic 7 to Logic 8 and cannot get BFD to function as a multi-output instrument in Logic 8. I'm on a Mac Pro and have downloaded ver 1.5.47 and installed it properly. I've even followed Angus' troubleshooting post. Sadly I'm not having success setting up BFD as a multi-out instrument in Logic 8.

My question is: Can I run BFD as a multi-output instrument in Logic 8? If so how do I go about setting it up as such?

hi there
I am new at both this forum and BFD :D

I have the same problem on a MacBook Pro. I can see the Multi Out and am able to select it, however only a stereo track appears. That holds true for all instances of Multi Out. I have also followed the steps given by Angus, but to absolutely no avail.

Stereo works fine though, I have had no other problem with it.

Cheers

calzone

Postby calzone » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:25 am

Are there any updates to this situation yet?

This is pretty frustrating. I got the posted method to work for a single song. All subsequent projects fail at this.

In fact, in the project where this did work, it only worked on one track, which I used as a test track and when I tried to create another track for my actual BFD content, it refused to multitrack. I ended up moving the midi on to my test track and deleting the new track because that was the only way.

I'm also kinda scared I might sneeze and ruin the multi-trackness of this track even. :shock:

Please tell me there's a solution coming soon. I would also like to upgrade to BFD 2, but without this situation resolved, it seems safer to hold off.

basoprofundo

Re: Logic 8 & BFD - The Official Word, take 3 [Logic8 compatible BFD 1.5.47 now available, READ NOTES!]

Postby basoprofundo » Mon May 05, 2008 7:28 pm

How do you get the Multi Outputs versions showing up?

[quote="Angus_FX"]BFD 1.5.47 FOR TIGER & LEOPARD, VST + AU ONLY.

Note new standalone!

A Logic 8 compatible version of BFD -- v1.5.47 -- is now available from your user accounts.

NB:- The Stereo versions of Ultra + ALL won't work due to a known bug in Logic itself. You need to get the Multi Outputs versions showing up, and choose those -- NOT the stereo versions. Or, if you don't want multi outs, just load BFD Stereo.

chrisgil

Postby chrisgil » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:42 pm

Ive got the multi outputs showing in ultra
but its only giving me

kick x2
snare x2
hihat
toms
and only 2 of the cymbals

???

Return to “BFD”