FXpansion Forum

MPE mode changes in latest release?

User and tech support for Strobe2.

Moderator: Moderators

thetechnobear

MPE mode changes in latest release?

Postby thetechnobear » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:40 pm

hi

has the Multi dimensional controller feature changed?
I cannot find the menu option any more...

yet the new Roli video shows it in use... is it now permantly activated?
are there any other details we should be aware of?

finally, is it on, or coming to any other FXP products :)

Thanks
Mark

EDIT:
also there appears to be a bug on pslidecurve, so this is associated with CC74
but its modulation values appears to be at CC74 = 64 appears to be 0%, CC74 = 127 50% , but CC74 = 0, is also 50% i.e. it doesnt appear to be 0-127 = 0 to 100% modulation value, as it did in previous releases - if I look at the graph on the pslide curve, it appears to go 0 to 50 to 0 .. so shows what Im seeing in modulation.

this is not what used to happen, and its not very useful, since it means Ive only half the modulation amount... (and its not 'bipolar')

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Re: MPE mode changes in latest release?

Postby Angus_FX » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:54 am

Hi Mark,

PlSlideCurve is a relative mod source (that is, "slide" value is calculated as movement relative to note-on position)

You may find that the PlSlideAbs mod source (Absolute Poly Slide Position) is more to your liking.

You can actually map it via the curve - in the curve view, click on the source name in the bottom left corner and you can re-map other mod sources via the spline curve. (The five spline curves are actually fully assignable, but we give them fixed default assignments for usability's sake).

Hope this helps,
Angus.
-- Angus F. Hewlett - CEO - FXpansion --
Twitter | YouTube
Synth Squad | BFD Eco

thetechnobear

Postby thetechnobear » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:01 pm

Thanks Angus for the info, thats really useful ... and as you say PlSlideAbs+ is exactly what I wanted :)

just one clarification... from my experiments the following seems to be true....

so in the mod section you can use PlSlideAbs+ directly
the alternative is , you can set it to PlSlideCurve, then you can (in the scope section which confused me a bit) to PlSlideAbs+ then for the curve it will use PlSlideAbs+

i.e. PlSlideCurve refers to the selected curve and its in the 'scope section' where it defines which Poly mod to use as the source for the curve,
which it so happens to default to PlSlide+

this is really nice, just a bit unexpected ... I thought the scope parameter merely showed the 'result of the curve' on the input, rather than change its source.. but all is cool, this works really well once you know.

can I just ask for one small FR, it would be great if we could lock this ...
I much prefer PlSlideAbs+ for this slide... so it would be great if I could lock this on the curve, such that when I switch between the Roli presets, I dont have to keep changing it back to PlSlideAbs+ from PlSlide+ :)

also thank you, this all really makes the multi channel functionality work much better, its making Strobe2 much more enjoyable for me :)

.. so a quick repeat of the other question, is this available, or coming to other FXP products? :)

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:59 pm

can I just ask for one small FR, it would be great if we could lock this ...
I much prefer PlSlideAbs+ for this slide... so it would be great if I could lock this on the curve, such that when I switch between the Roli presets, I dont have to keep changing it back to PlSlideAbs+ from PlSlide+ :)

That's a good idea. Not possible right now, I think, but should be doable.

also thank you, this all really makes the multi channel functionality work much better, its making Strobe2 much more enjoyable for me :)

Glad to hear it. We found that it's one thing to support a multi-channel spec, quite another to make it really play well.

.. so a quick repeat of the other question, is this available, or coming to other FXP products? :)

Not yet. It's coming to Cypher 2 real soon now (I think you're on the beta?). Harder to do for the drums oriented products, as drums as a sound category tend to decay quickly & multisamples are harder to "slide" or "bend" in meaningful ways.
-- Angus F. Hewlett - CEO - FXpansion --

Twitter | YouTube

Synth Squad | BFD Eco

Andrew Capon

Postby Andrew Capon » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:03 pm

Hi Angus

Only just noticed the new version!

The use of curves for the multi stuff is very nice.

Any idea when the Cypher 2 beta with this in will be available?

Cheers

Andy
Cheers

Andy

Return to “Strobe2”