Big problem with License Manager preventing updating Strobe2 B.E. - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Big problem with License Manager preventing updating Strobe2 B.E.

User and tech support for Strobe 2 - Berklee Edition.

Moderator: Moderators

mojotooth

Big problem with License Manager preventing updating Strobe2 B.E.

Postby mojotooth » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:10 pm

Just installed Strobe2 and, as installed, things are working just fine. When I start up the plugin, it tells me that there is an update available and asks if I would like to update. If I click 'yes', then I get a subsequent dialog that License Manager must update in order for Strobe2 B.E. to update. If I tell it to update, it will download the update and attempt to install it. It will fail, saying "case 3" and then spam my screen with an infinite amount of dialog windows until it finally segfaults and windows kills it.

This is on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel i7-4770K @ 3.50 GHz, 8 GB of DRAM.

I have already had BFD2 installed for some time.

Would appreciate some advice. I might try to uninstall the License Manager but it doesn't have an entry in the "add or remove program" menu.

Thank you.

cap_savon

Re: Big problem with License Manager preventing updating Strobe2 B.E.

Postby cap_savon » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:27 pm

Hi,
I have the same exact problem with BFD3 : create a VSTi in Reaper, asks for authorisation (I am setting up a new PC, so it's logical), asks for an update of the licence manager, when I say yes it seams to download the package, but on unpacking "failed case 3" and infinite popup of Hell.
I found a workaround though : when it asks for an update, just answer "No", and it authorised BFD anyway. Hope it will work for you.
Seems like a bug in the update package, will surely be fixed later ...

Lawrence_fx

Re: Big problem with License Manager preventing updating Strobe2 B.E.

Postby Lawrence_fx » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:33 am

Hi there,

Please try quitting your FXpansion products and License Manager, logging in to your account at FXpansion.com and scrolling to the very bottom of the page, where you'll be able to download and install the latest version of License Manager successfully.

The update issue you're experiencing is an issue with the previous version of License Manager that we're working to resolve - apologies for any inconvenience this has caused.

Return to “Strobe 2 - Berklee Edition”