Download the BFD Percussion updates via BitTorrent - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Download the BFD Percussion updates via BitTorrent

Support for BFD Expansion Packs and Convertors

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, john emrich, mullynofx, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Moderators

rob_fx (ex-FX)
Left to roam the Cursed Earth

Download the BFD Percussion updates via BitTorrent

Postby rob_fx (ex-FX) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:06 pm

As an emergency measure, we've had to seed as much download data as we can using the BitTorrent protocol. We've installed a dedicated tracker on our server, and some of us at FXpansion have even gone so far as to seed these torrent downloads on their home computers. This is because we love you.

As well as the Guru 1.5 Bonus Content, we've put all three BFD Percussion audio fixes there too. If you are down with the whole BitTorrent thing, you can download the torrent files from the normal support page right now. Please seed them for the next few weeks whenever you can, and when this bandwidth crisis blows over we'll revert to the direct download method again.

If you aren't familiar with the BitTorrent sharing method, you can either try it out or wait for the normal service to return. I use Azureus, which seems to be the most widely used, so I recommend that one to any one interested in giving BitTorrent a go. You can download Azureus at:

http://azureus.sourceforge.net

It's java based, so should work on any mainstream OS.

Please note, we can't provide support getting a BitTorrent client running.
"I was great engineer once, but then I took an arrow to the knee..."

AshleySmith08

Postby AshleySmith08 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:11 pm

Much appriciated guys, we luv u 2 :lol:

Cheers

duojet

Postby duojet » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:16 pm

cant get the torrents to work (never had a problem with torrents before)

rob_fx (ex-FX)

Postby rob_fx (ex-FX) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:35 pm

You're not the only one. Can't sort this right now, but will try to sometime this weekend. Sorry for the inconvenience!

duojet

Postby duojet » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:36 pm

rob_fx wrote:You're not the only one. Can't sort this right now, but will try to sometime this weekend. Sorry for the inconvenience!

thanks! not in a rush anyway, just got the perc pack today!

rob_fx (ex-FX)

Postby rob_fx (ex-FX) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:35 am

Alright guys, try this link:

http://www.error24-7.com/

I couldn't sleep anyway.

Andreas_FX

Postby Andreas_FX » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:14 am

Duojet, what happens when you try to start the Percussion torrents?
Does it just hang, or is there some error? What 'status' does the torrent show? (Try right-click on the torrent, theres often some kind of 'status/info' thing to select)
Which torrent client are you using? I can leech then fine from here.
Please try to restart the torrent and see if that helps.

rob_fx (ex-FX)

Postby rob_fx (ex-FX) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:47 am

In fairness Andreas, I can't get those torrents going at home either. Once I copied the actual data to my home computer via ftp, Azureus starting seeding, but doesn't actually upload any data to the other peers. I think there's something wrong with those torrent files.

In the meantime, anyone desperately waiting should just download the data directly from the website mentioned in my previous post. I set it up last night around 3.30am, so please use it!

AshleySmith08

Postby AshleySmith08 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:55 pm

Torrent worked fine here using uTorrent (which IMHO is 100 times better) :)

duojet

Postby duojet » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:42 pm

got it from the new link, thanks! the torrent started to work last night, but slow, less than 10k/sec

raymond

Postby raymond » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:33 pm

That was a good one!
Quite 6 weeks since my first report on Ashiko A1 missing hit on August 2 and there has been two fixes and now this final one which was hard to get!

But it works!! Finally, problem solved!! :D 8)

Thank you rob and bravo for the good job and amount of time you spent to get this fixed. :wink:

I have to say also that it took me as well some (too much) time to report, download and try fixes, PM back, experiment torrent non downloading, pulling off my hair to make torrent work, etc...

So that leads me to this paradoxal remark:

I think fxpansion is certainly one of the most reactive and dedicated music software company I have seen. And as a user I really do appreciate such a commitment.

But in the other hand, BFD always seemed a bit unfinished (and unstable) since its release, I mean so many updates and fixes. BFD 1.5.....46!!:shock:
And that's not counting updates from v. 1.0 :roll:

I understand that BFD, which is a great concept and a mighty software and "extraordinaire" sound bank, is very complicated to conceive and engineer but my biggest hope for BFD 2 is that it will be very stable (even if not completly perfect) at 2.02.... :wink:

Friendly

rob_fx (ex-FX)

Postby rob_fx (ex-FX) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:05 am

Glad to see you're finally sorted out!

Re: BFD1.5.46
Aie.... I don't think you'll see revision numbers like x.46 or x.280 in the future with FXpansion, so don't worry about the stability of the forthcoming BFD v2. I'm personally managing the QA on that project and ready to unleash "tough love" on any developer who doesn't tow the line. And believe me, if you saw me, you'd know that "tough love" was something you didn't want to happen.

Return to “BFD Expansion Packs & Convertors”