Alert: BOMB Installer can accept slightly incorrect serials, please take care! Solution Within! - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Alert: BOMB Installer can accept slightly incorrect serials, please take care! Solution Within!

Support for BFD Expansion Packs and Convertors

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Moderators

SKoT_FX
Promulgator of Beats

Alert: BOMB Installer can accept slightly incorrect serials, please take care! Solution Within!

Postby SKoT_FX » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:09 am

It has come to our attention that it is possible to enter a slightly incorrect serial number in the BOMB installer, and the installer will proceed happily. The first block of the serial number, "FXOMB" can be mis-entered as "FXOBM" without triggering a warning. Any other block of the serial number that is misenetered, or if letters other than F, X, O , M , and B are in teh first block will trigger the correct "invalid serial number" response.

The solution is simple - reinstall BOMB with the correct first 5 letters, and delete any erroneous "FXOBM" products in the licence manager.

We apologise if you get caught out by this; we made what we thought was every effort to test that incorrect serial numbers would be rejected, but this one case has slipped through.

duojet

Postby duojet » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:03 pm

skot i tried reinstalling and that did not work. the fxobm kept showing up. i didn't delete it in the license mgr but i deleted registry entries related to it (i didnt even realize you could delete authorizations), then reinstalled it. the fxobm kept showing up (even AFTER i was able to authorize the correct FXOMB serial, BFD2 kept wanting the fxobm). anyway i finally was able to authorize by changing the serial number and the serial prefix in the FXOBM registry key. probably shouldnt have done this but i was very annoyed not to be able to use what i just bought because of a typo. i would like to suggest AGAIN, a grace period for authorization, if not 30 days, at least 10.

duojet

Postby duojet » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:49 am

ok this worked, thanks!

SKoT_FX
Promulgator of Beats

Postby SKoT_FX » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:49 am

@duojet - what changed between your first post and your second, just so we can leave the correct & final state of play on the forum...

duojet

Postby duojet » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:06 pm

SKoT_FX wrote:@duojet - what changed between your first post and your second, just so we can leave the correct & final state of play on the forum...

I did not delete the authorization in the license manager (didnt know if was even possible). I was trying to be clever and deleted all of the registry entries referencing FXOBM. Anyway, working good now. I deleted the authorization, reinstalled with correct serial, then authorized.

dubcotics

BOMB won't install

Postby dubcotics » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:47 pm

It starts but after a few minutes it freezes, I mean litterly :evil:
Then you've got to resart all over again! :evil:
It will load half of the kits, then again it freezes, a big pain in the .... :evil:
Now, how do I sort that out, knowing it , I wouldn't have bought it, as the way it's being shipped, it's a shame!
How on earth can you sell a faulty material without warning,

my set up :

win xp service pack 2, intel core duo 1,8 ghz, 4gb ram,
Scope Dsp Creamware, BFD2 and some expansion packs, Zendrum LT, Axis 64, Cubase essential4,

regards,
dubcotics,

dubcotics

It Doesn't work for me, it crushes during installation

Postby dubcotics » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:19 pm

I've tried in vain to mis-enter the first array. Before you enter the serial number, you've got to install the first dvd right?

What if the first dvd does not load?

however. after various attempts, it loads,

it's strange because it does not prompt you to insert the second dvd as in all packs or installation of any bfd products.

That¡s when I thought that there was something fishy.

I've managed to install the 2º dvd , got to the serial camp dialogue, did the mis-entering stuff, it loads, but freezes at 60 % when unpacking hand cymbal kits, then you have no choice than restarting the computer, I'm very desappointed. I've already written to the support team, hopefully they'll sort that out, but it's a hassel cause I've got to wait till next weekend to put my hand on it, provided that it will be fixed of course

:(

regards,

didier

Platinum Samples

Postby Platinum Samples » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:49 pm

Hi Didier,

Are you installing to an external drive? If so, can you try installing using another computer - we've found that almost all disc read errors turn out to be the DVD drive.

Rail

dubcotics

Postby dubcotics » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:20 pm

Hi Rail!
Thanks your reply, I don think my DVD drive is faulty as I can films and install other progrmas,
let wait and see what the support team will say,

Regards,
Didier

:roll:

Return to “BFD Expansion Packs & Convertors”