Install everything from scratch - BFD1-Libraries to BFD3 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Install everything from scratch - BFD1-Libraries to BFD3

Support for BFD Expansion Packs and Convertors

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Moderators

Jan.Schoene

Install everything from scratch - BFD1-Libraries to BFD3

Postby Jan.Schoene » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:46 pm

Hi,
I'm sure, this has been asked but the search gave me so many answers and none of them fitted.
Right now I'm installing a complete new MacBook Pro with 1TB SSD. As my old MacBook ran for more than 3 years and went from OS X 10.7 to 10.10 I thought it would be better to start from scratch.
I own many expansions from BFD1 (XFL, Percussion etc.) to BFD3. I downloaded the latest installers which are ready for BFD2 but I don't really want to install BFD2 as I'm using the flac-tool to fit all samples on my internal drive. I've done the conversion on my old MacBook so the audio data is there but the presets are a bit of a mess because of all the old and new expansions and I wand to do it right an proper.

So - what is the best way to install these different expansions only for BFD3?
Install them and flac-convert them afterwards? Copy all audio-data from my old MacBook to the new one and pick the corresponding preset-files?

The new packs from drumdrops for example installed just fine because I could choose BFD3 during the installation.
It would be great, if there was an updated universal installer that can load the old installer-files and puts everything in the right place for BFD3 :-)
To avoid questions:
MacBook Pro Retina, Core i7 2,6GHz, 16GB RAM, OS X 10.14.6, Logic Pro X, Cubase Pro 10, BFD3 (always latest stable), BFD Eco, BFD Eco DV

jord

Postby jord » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:45 pm

If anything, I would just copy the FLAC'd folders over and let the content scanner pick it up. Why go through all of that again?

jord
Real guitar heroes play real guitars

Jan.Schoene

Postby Jan.Schoene » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:18 pm

Hi jord,
that were exactly my thoughts - however what about the presets? I started with BFD2 on my old MacBook and some presets are in stored in HD/Library/Application Support/FXPansion/BFD2, some in the users documents folder. And now I realized that presets for BFD2 aren't installed at all - tested it with an expansion from eSoundz (Nick Mason Drums). The audio content was located by BFD3 but there are no presets at all. I wonder if I can just copy all presets from the old MacBook to the new one into HD/Library/Application Support/FXPansion/BFD3 (the BFD3-ones only of course).

However I wonder what to do if I didn't have the audio content and HAD to install everything from scratch. Seems like older expansion need BFD2 to install the presets.

I know that it would take a great effort to provide every expansion with the newest installer but for this scenario it would be really great ;-)
To avoid questions:
MacBook Pro Retina, Core i7 2,6GHz, 16GB RAM, OS X 10.14.6, Logic Pro X, Cubase Pro 10, BFD3 (always latest stable), BFD Eco, BFD Eco DV

jord

Postby jord » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:54 am

I grabbed everything from the Application Support folders, except for the auth files, with no issue.

jord

Jan.Schoene

Postby Jan.Schoene » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:12 pm

Tried that today - but 3rd party expansions are really a pain in the ... most 3rd parties show up as "Software not installed properly - please reinstall!" in the License Manager (version 2.0.17). I had this before with expansions from esoundz but they worked great with just copying. I reinstalled some of them, Stanton Moore for example, but no matter what I try (online-authorization, offline-authorization), nothing works. I searched the forum for possible solutions but found nothing that I haven't tried yet.
To avoid questions:

jord

Postby jord » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:16 pm

When i had that issue, I dumped all of the preferences and databases. Yosemite had a few other issues, and it seemed that the only way I could resolve them was by opening Logic and forcing a new AU scan. That seemed to get everything in order for the license manager. Don't ask how it worked, but it did (and it worked for a few others that had the same issues).

jord

Jan.Schoene

Postby Jan.Schoene » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:59 pm

Ok, I tried that with the Stanton Moore expansion (I just noticed that there is a new installer available).

1. I opened Logic Pro X
2. I created a track with BFD3 and reset the preferences (under preferences and database)
3. I deleted the track
4. I force-validated BFD3 via the PlugIn Manager
5. I closed Logic
6. I installed Stanton Moore for BFD3 only to a dedicated path in my BFD-Folder (all expansions have dedicated paths now)
7. I launched Logic
8. I force-validated BFD3 again
9. I created a new instrument track with BFD3
10. BFD3 found the new path and started the license manager automatically
11. no luck - "Software not installed properly - please reinstall!"

Actually I can't get the following expansions to work:
- Stanton Moore Cymbals
- Digital Vault SP1, SP2, ZP1 - ZP1 even installs BFD Eco DV - I don't need that :-)
- Modern Drummer Snare Drum Selects Volume 1
To avoid questions:

Jan.Schoene

Postby Jan.Schoene » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:02 pm

Finally it worked - very strange indeed.
I opened an old Cubase-Project (not really working with it anymore) which contained BFD3. As I opened BFD, it scanned all new content and startet the license manager - et voila - everything was recognized correctly and licensed as it should.
So the rescanning inside the sequencer kind of worked only that it had to be Cubase for me. Still the question is "Why?" :shock: ...
However - everything works now.
To avoid questions:

Puranon

Re: Install everything from scratch - BFD1-Libraries to BFD3

Postby Puranon » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:53 pm

Fresh installers for discontinued BFD1 and BFD2 ISOs would be appreciated.

New installers would auto patch all audio data corrections, bonus cymbals etc.

Return to “BFD Expansion Packs & Convertors”