Geist 2 bug + minor enhancements thread. - Page 2 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Geist 2 bug + minor enhancements thread.

User and tech support forum for Geist 2.

Moderator: Moderators

Rory_FX

Re: Geist 2 bug + minor enhancements thread.

Postby Rory_FX » Fri May 20, 2016 7:52 am

FluxMachina wrote:• Crashes while opening and playing back factory presets. Anyone experiencing this? - ok after restart
• Sluggish interface.

Any crash log?

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Fri May 20, 2016 8:36 am

mdbeh wrote:When I switch from one preset to the next (all created in Geist 1 FWIW), it seems like the scenes aren't fully refreshing.

The scene names from the previously-loaded preset are still there, though the actual patches contained in the scene appear to be correct. And in cases where the previous preset has more scenes than the newly-loaded one, it looks like the older scenes are fully retained in the empty scene slots of the newer preset.

[2012 retina macbook pro running OSX El Capitan 10.11.5]

Confirmed. We'll get this fixed. Thanks for reporting. It's just the graphics not getting updated. The Scenes themselves should still work.

lkil

Postby lkil » Fri May 20, 2016 8:40 am

Hi,
a small bug: on my mac (OSX 10.10.4) the Geist 2 Demo crashes if I browse to any sample folder containing more than 78 files...
Regards,

lkil

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Fri May 20, 2016 9:02 am

lkil wrote:Hi,
a small bug: on my mac (OSX 10.10.4) the Geist 2 Demo crashes if I browse to any sample folder containing more than 78 files...
Regards,

lkil

Hmm, can't reproduce that here. What exactly happens? Could you look in /Users/[username]/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/ and see if there's a crash report?

lkil

Postby lkil » Fri May 20, 2016 9:22 am

shure, here they are...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lkil

Postby lkil » Fri May 20, 2016 9:24 am

some more..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lkil

Postby lkil » Fri May 20, 2016 9:28 am

On my mac, it is really straight forward: browse trough the filesystem, if you doubleclick on a folder with more than 78 soundfiles (containing wav and aiff files), Geist will instantly freeze and disappear after maybe 2 seconds.

kickthebox

Postby kickthebox » Fri May 20, 2016 10:03 am

UI Scaling is a bit borked in Studio One.

I set the scaling at 120% and left it at that for a bit and it was fine.

Then tried changing back to 100% which worked until I closed and then re-opened the GUI and it opens back at 120% scaling but the box stays at 100% size so can't see all the GUI and it won't resize. Have to reset it to 100% every time it's opened.

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Fri May 20, 2016 10:12 am

lkil wrote:On my mac, it is really straight forward: browse trough the filesystem, if you doubleclick on a folder with more than 78 soundfiles (containing wav and aiff files), Geist will instantly freeze and disappear after maybe 2 seconds.

Thanks, I've passed this on to Paul, he should be taking a look today.

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Fri May 20, 2016 10:14 am

kickthebox wrote:UI Scaling is a bit borked in Studio One.

I set the scaling at 120% and left it at that for a bit and it was fine.

Then tried changing back to 100% which worked until I closed and then re-opened the GUI and it opens back at 120% scaling but the box stays at 100% size so can't see all the GUI and it won't resize. Have to reset it to 100% every time it's opened.

This is a known bug. Will be fixed in the next update. Basically if you close the Preferences dialog before the "do you want to keep this scaling?" dialog box appears (it takes a couple of seconds), Geist gets confused about the scaling. Probably best to stick to 100% until the next update.

kickthebox

Postby kickthebox » Fri May 20, 2016 10:18 am

Rory_FX wrote:This is a known bug. Will be fixed in the next update. Basically if you close the Preferences dialog before the "do you want to keep this scaling?" dialog box appears (it takes a couple of seconds), Geist gets confused about the scaling. Probably best to stick to 100% until the next update.

OK thanks.

Paul_fx
Righteous Drum Lord

Postby Paul_fx » Fri May 20, 2016 10:25 am

@ikil

in the browser, what are you sorting by?
also can you tell the names of some of the files in the folder that crashes? Do any of them have non ascii characters in there (i.e. not [a-z 0-9 etc]).
If possible, could you include a list of the filenames for me to study?

Thanks!
-Paul

Ps - I think if you sort by file size this bug will go away.

mdbeh

Postby mdbeh » Fri May 20, 2016 11:39 am

Running standalone in OS X 10.11.5, the application is crashing when I try to open some, but not all (and I can't logic out what's affected) old kit libraries. The program shuts down when I click on the folder location in the browser. The behavior persists after copying the folder into the Geist 2 content location.

The crash log's attached.

TalmiK

Postby TalmiK » Fri May 20, 2016 11:59 am

Yeah the scaling is buggy in vsti...I waited, said okay to keep the scaling, did the thing right, restarted my daws (reaper and samplitude I'm on Win7 x64), but the thing is that after the restart (in 110%) the bottom right of Geist 2 is outside the vsti window so you can't resize geist anymore and half of the gui is missing.
A few pads stay slightly colored on the border after they've been hit.
Other than that no bug so far.

lkil

Postby lkil » Fri May 20, 2016 12:00 pm

Hi Paul,
I'm sorting by name, but it also happens, if I switch to size (btw. I noticed that Geist seems to forget the "sort by" setting. If I change a folder, "sort by" is always reset to "name"). See the attached screenshot. I also added a zip file with the paths and filenames ("hihat", "percussion" and "rim" work, "snare" and "kick" lead to a crash - if I delete files from these folders, I can browse them if I leave only 77 or less files. User mdbeh seems to have the same issue (??)

Return to “Geist2”