Can't use Keyboard Up/Down to go through samples - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Can't use Keyboard Up/Down to go through samples

User and tech support forum for Geist 2.

Moderator: Moderators

balchie

Can't use Keyboard Up/Down to go through samples

Postby balchie » Thu May 19, 2016 5:40 pm

Ableton Live 9/Geist 2

On Geist 1 I could select the first sample in a folder then use my keyboard cursor keys to run through and auction different sounds. On Geist 2 the keyboard doesn't work. I can midi map the arrows but that's not a good solution for me. I just want a mouse free way to audition. Am I missing a preference setting or some other trick?

Thanks,

Balchie

Lawrence_fx

Re: Can't use Keyboard Up/Down to go through samples

Postby Lawrence_fx » Thu May 19, 2016 5:57 pm

This isn't a feature at the moment but has been prioritized for the first update.

teemakesbeats

Postby teemakesbeats » Thu May 19, 2016 6:22 pm

I was just about to post about this I'm glad someone is experiencing the same issue!!

balchie

Postby balchie » Thu May 19, 2016 6:49 pm

Glad to hear it's coming. Other than this, I'm pretty pleased with the new transmod system. Enables me to put some movement in the beat with very little hassle. A killer feature IMO.

seige313

Postby seige313 » Thu May 19, 2016 7:09 pm

Hmmm.. I never knew you were able to use the cursor to audition sounds in Geist 1. Well that was never a DAW option. I just opened Geist 1 standalone and was able to use my arrows on my keyboard to cycle through sounds. Which is great but it only works in standalone. I opened Geist 2 standalone was able to cycle through my sounds using the arrow keys on my keyboard. Are you saying this is going to be an option while using Geist 2 in a DAW? because I never thought this was a possible option. In Geist 1 the only way was to map it...

teemakesbeats

Postby teemakesbeats » Fri May 20, 2016 12:11 am

seige313 wrote:Hmmm.. I never knew you were able to use the cursor to audition sounds in Geist 1. Well that was never a DAW option. I just opened Geist 1 standalone and was able to use my arrows on my keyboard to cycle through sounds. Which is great but it only works in standalone. I opened Geist 2 standalone was able to cycle through my sounds using the arrow keys on my keyboard. Are you saying this is going to be an option while using Geist 2 in a DAW? because I never thought this was a possible option. In Geist 1 the only way was to map it...

The arrow keys only work in the VST version of the plugin... so hosts like Ableton/Cubase/etc can do that

CakeAlexS

Postby CakeAlexS » Fri May 20, 2016 12:14 am

+1 thanks.

seige313

Postby seige313 » Fri May 20, 2016 12:18 am

teemakesbeats wrote:The arrow keys only work in the VST version of the plugin... so hosts like Ableton/Cubase/etc can do that

Wow never knew that!! Great news!!

Phil Buckle

Postby Phil Buckle » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:05 am

Just bought Geist 2 yesterday and I'm using it Studio One 4 on a Mac.
Neither the VST or The AU plug allows me to use the up and down arrow keys to audition samples.
Have I missed something simple? I've tried all the modifier key combinations to no avail.

I also note that with my regular setting on my Magic mouse that the scrolling of samples is also way too fast and also unusable.
This makes the plug not an option to use as I have thousands of samples to audition and the scroll settings work perfectly for navigation in Studio One 4.

Is there a solution?
Thanks.

Return to “Geist2”