[FR - 0014662] Where's the Spitter Plugin for Geist2? [Will reappear soon] - Page 2 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

[FR - 0014662] Where's the Spitter Plugin for Geist2? [Will reappear soon]

User and tech support forum for Geist 2.

Moderator: Moderators

gheist

Re: Where's the Spitter Plugin for Geist2?

Postby gheist » Tue May 24, 2016 6:48 am

gheist wrote:In Bitwig Studio, I found out, no spitter is necessary for sampling in Geist1.
I just had to route audio content directly to the Geist plugin.

My post was a little mistakable. I have to route audio to the Geist1 channel.

Drew_fx

Postby Drew_fx » Tue May 24, 2016 11:20 am

Hey guys,

Currently Spitter does not work with Geist 2. We are looking into the feasibility of addressing this, but can't make any promises right now.

kickthebox

Postby kickthebox » Tue May 24, 2016 12:37 pm

Drew - thanks for responding.

I really really hope you manage to get something working - it'll make a good few of us much happier.

I'm a bit surprised the beta team din't make a fuss of this.

CakeAlexS

Postby CakeAlexS » Tue May 24, 2016 2:32 pm

In the meantime I wonder if there are (free perhaps) third party solutions for this or you can adapt your workflow. Although I haven't tested Geist 2 I know the latest Sonar can route the audio signal without the plugin. I appreciate this is a different DAW though.

JMaus

Postby JMaus » Tue May 24, 2016 3:10 pm

It's pretty much just another drum machine without it...

JM

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Tue May 24, 2016 8:03 pm

To add to Drew's response, here's some more info:

The following DAWs do not need Spitter as they can route audio natively to Geist2's audio inputs:
Live
Pro Tools
Cubase
Reaper
Bitwig

DAWs which cannot:
Studio One
Logic

The problem is that Spitter was bit of a hack to get round the fact that, 6 years ago, there were a lot more hosts that didn't support routing audio like this. Most hosts have now caught up and we made the decision to put the Spitter development time into other features. Not great news for the Studio One and Logic owners I know, but perhaps it's time to lobby the DAW manufacturers to implement features that they're lagging behind the competition with. As CakeAlexS says, there may be 3rd party solutions. We'll keep our eyes peeled, as well as keeping the discussion open.

CakeAlexS

Postby CakeAlexS » Tue May 24, 2016 8:06 pm

Everybody forgets about Sonar :cry:
Anyway you shouldn't need the plugin for that either.

realizm01

Postby realizm01 » Tue May 24, 2016 9:45 pm

Perhaps it's time to update your advertising on the main site with that information. Could save a lot of Logic and Studio One users a lot of pain

JMaus

Postby JMaus » Tue May 24, 2016 10:24 pm

Has anyone from Fxpansion tried to route an audio signal to Giest 1 or 2, inside Cubase? Or any of the other DAW's that theoretically allow routing audio to an instrument track?

JM

arve@themill.dk

Postby arve@themill.dk » Tue May 24, 2016 11:14 pm

I'm curious too...how do you do that in Cubase?

TalmiK

Postby TalmiK » Wed May 25, 2016 12:13 am

What about people who didn't upgrade in Daws that didn't support that feature ? They have to pay for that update to use Geist2 as a sampler in there daw ? What about the other daws that you don't bother talking about ? Samplitude ? There is at least 12 daws perfectly fines that 1000 of people use that don't have that feature.
So half the daws owners are gonna have to lobby the 80% daws manufacturers that don't have that feature and then in 2 years when we buy the update of these daws, we'll be able to sample inside of them ?
Is this a joke ?
And btw the strenght of spitter is also that it allows to organise your sampling sessions in your daw and in geist, choose sources. It's hectic to do in Reaper or Bidule, very annoying to choose souces, mute or solo. This was a very strong asset for Geist 1. It made it a fully blown sampler for everyone and every daws which is not the case anymore.
Last edited by TalmiK on Wed May 25, 2016 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

CakeAlexS

Postby CakeAlexS » Wed May 25, 2016 12:27 am

Did some googling all I can up with is this (I have no idea if this is any good):
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5982343

https://m.reddit.com/r/WeAreTheMusicMak ... _it_hears/

Not a fan of ASIO4ALL btw.

Drew_fx

Postby Drew_fx » Wed May 25, 2016 11:24 am

JMaus wrote:Has anyone from Fxpansion tried to route an audio signal to Giest 1 or 2, inside Cubase? Or any of the other DAW's that theoretically allow routing audio to an instrument track?

JM

Yes. All of the hosts Rory mentioned have been tested and confirmed to work.

I am particularly gutted myself tbh, because I use Studio One primarily! :cry:

wald

Postby wald » Wed May 25, 2016 2:02 pm

Rory_FX wrote:To add to Drew's response, here's some more info:

The following DAWs do not need Spitter as they can route audio natively to Geist2's audio inputs:
Live
Pro Tools
Cubase
Reaper
Bitwig

DAWs which cannot:
Studio One
Logic

The problem is that Spitter was bit of a hack to get round the fact that, 6 years ago, there were a lot more hosts that didn't support routing audio like this. Most hosts have now caught up and we made the decision to put the Spitter development time into other features. Not great news for the Studio One and Logic owners I know, but perhaps it's time to lobby the DAW manufacturers to implement features that they're lagging behind the competition with. As CakeAlexS says, there may be 3rd party solutions. We'll keep our eyes peeled, as well as keeping the discussion open.

That's quite a limited view you are taking here. Spitter allowed routing audio from *any* point in a long signal chain. That's more flexible than the usual pre/post fader options in, say, Ableton Live.

JMaus

Postby JMaus » Wed May 25, 2016 2:54 pm

Well, if TeamFX has a signal flow for routing audio to the sampler in Geist, without Spitter, I'd sure like to see it, and why not discuss that in the user manual? Most user manuals break things down by DAW environs. I have tried every conceivable routing combination in Cubase 8.5, without results.

JM

Return to “Geist2”