FEATURE REQUESTS - Page 3 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

FEATURE REQUESTS

User and tech support forum for Geist 2.

Moderator: Moderators

PHY6

Re: FEATURE REQUESTS

Postby PHY6 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:43 pm

Simple and cosmetic FR

Greyscale separation every 4 pads on the pattern view.
Just like Geist & Guru did.
Having a hard time too see what pad I'm editing notes for.

nexus2nexus

Postby nexus2nexus » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:26 pm

Audio outputs emulate the output of an MPC 60 or 3000.

claesbjo

Set 1.1.1 Here (ableton style)

Postby claesbjo » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:08 am

So, since there is no cropping available in the slicer I suggest a function where you can specify a sample´s downbeat (beat 1).

It´s really cumbersome to dived slice a sample thats not perfectly cropped as it is now.

thanks

konfront

Postby konfront » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:24 pm

Not sure how the numbering of FRs go so here are mine.

FR 1: Ability to accès different engines via controller, i.e. after playing my drum part on engine one, i try to lay a bass line via same controller and can't because it's stuck on engine one.
might've been requested before (hard to imagine that is hasn't)

FR 2: better/ less rigid interplay between DAW and G2. this has been mentioned be eiphen.

FR 3: is there a way to sample to pad from external source in stand alone mode? - without spitter?

Bathrobe

Postby Bathrobe » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:19 pm

In the latest Geist2 video from fxpansion you can see someone using the mouse to change the end marker to make polyrhythms.
It would be nice if we could control the end-marker by midi.
I wanted this feature also for Tremor but alas it was too late to implement new features.

It would be also awesome if the end-marker could be modulated by the transmod system :D

Thank you for the consideration :)

pboy

Postby pboy » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:15 pm

Bathrobe wrote:In the latest Geist2 video from fxpansion you can see someone using the mouse to change the end marker to make polyrhythms.
It would be nice if we could control the end-marker by midi.

It would be also awesome if the end-marker could be modulated by the transmod system :D

Big YES for both suggestions!
-
Greetings from Sweden
Per
http://www.perboysen.com
MacBook Pro, Push#1, AxeFxII...

Paul_fx
Righteous Drum Lord

Re: Set 1.1.1 Here (ableton style)

Postby Paul_fx » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:32 am

claesbjo wrote:So, since there is no cropping available in the slicer I suggest a function where you can specify a sample´s downbeat (beat 1).

It´s really cumbersome to dived slice a sample thats not perfectly cropped as it is now.

thanks

Isn't that just setting the start and end points of the loop?

Lawrence_fx

Postby Lawrence_fx » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:26 pm

nexus2nexus wrote:Audio outputs emulate the output of an MPC 60 or 3000.

Do you mean with a stereo out and 8 separate outputs? Geist2 has up to 32 assignable sub-outputs which can be used to send audio out to alternative sources, similar to the way the MPC60 or MPC3000 would.

Lawrence_fx

Postby Lawrence_fx » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:35 pm

konfront wrote:Not sure how the numbering of FRs go so here are mine.

FR 1: Ability to accès different engines via controller, i.e. after playing my drum part on engine one, i try to lay a bass line via same controller and can't because it's stuck on engine one.
might've been requested before (hard to imagine that is hasn't)

FR 2: better/ less rigid interplay between DAW and G2. this has been mentioned be eiphen.

FR 3: is there a way to sample to pad from external source in stand alone mode? - without spitter?

The triggering of pads on particular engines is determined by the MIDI channel your controllers is sending information down; channels 1 to 8 trigger pads on engines 1 to 8, and channel 9 will trigger pads on the currently-selected engine.

Lawrence_fx

Postby Lawrence_fx » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:39 pm

[FR- 0014839] Option to select pattern without triggering (for note placement without triggering)
[FR- 0014840] Different shading on every 4th pad in the pattern editor for easy navigation
[FR- 0014841] MIDI mappable and transmod-able loop markers in pattern editor
[FR- 0014842] Soundcard inputs to appear in input dropdown menu in sampler

philippe.l

Postby philippe.l » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:32 pm

hello,

1/ i would love to have a collection of parameter values that can be instantly recalled via midi trigger (momentary bypassing the current graph values).
I saw on a hardware products (Elektron Octatrack not to mention it...) that this snapshots of parameters (they call it scenes) can be controlled by a crossfader that smoothly interpolate values between two predefined snapshots, this is absolutely awesome!
giving the user a powerful live "mangling" control over effects for example, and living a crazy experimentation world between two snapshots...
see youtube video about oktatrack's scene mode : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJsjFSd2Nmw

Could this be achievable in Geist?

2/to be able to copy/cut/paste effects,patterns... using keyboard shortcuts.

3/ can't find the focus graph knob anymore which appeared to be very usefull, was it suppressed? FR!

Regards

masterjoe

Add additional output selectors to pad setup

Postby masterjoe » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:27 am

It would be wonderful if there were two additional output selectors available in the pad setup / layer setup screen.

This seems redundant because you could switch to "layer mixer" and "pad mixer" accordingly - but because Geist2 also is about efficiency this would speed up the process of setting up pads a lot IMHO because then you can fully setup the routing without ever changing the tab!

Because many words can't describe what I mean, I made a mockup picture (see attached file) :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HW:
Core i7-3930K 3.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, RME AIO, GeForce GTX 970, Axiom 61, Oxygen 49, Korg padKontrol
SW:
Win10 Pro x64, Studio One Pro, Bitwig Studio, BFD 3.x, Geist 1.x + Geist 2.x, zillions of other VST plugins

Lawrence_fx

Postby Lawrence_fx » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:01 pm

philippe.l wrote:hello,

1/ i would love to have a collection of parameter values that can be instantly recalled via midi trigger (momentary bypassing the current graph values).
I saw on a hardware products (Elektron Octatrack not to mention it...) that this snapshots of parameters (they call it scenes) can be controlled by a crossfader that smoothly interpolate values between two predefined snapshots, this is absolutely awesome!
giving the user a powerful live "mangling" control over effects for example, and living a crazy experimentation world between two snapshots...
see youtube video about oktatrack's scene mode : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJsjFSd2Nmw

Could this be achievable in Geist?

2/to be able to copy/cut/paste effects,patterns... using keyboard shortcuts.

3/ can't find the focus graph knob anymore which appeared to be very usefull, was it suppressed? FR!

Regards

Hi Philippe,

You can achieve a crossfading effect using the Macro transmod controls. By assigning either positive or negative depths to parameters, their values will be determined by the position of the macro control; at zero would be one 'scene' with all desired parameter values, and at full would be the second 'scene' where the values are distinctly different. This achieves a similar result to the Octatrack, but ultimately in a different way.

The focus graph control, a.k.a. Single view, can be found at the top left of the pattern editor as a 'Single' button. If this isn't what you're referring to however, please let me know.

[FR- 0014846] Copy/paste keyboard shortcuts
[FR- 0014847] Pad output drop-down menu in pad parameter and layer windows

offaxis

Postby offaxis » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:10 am

few requests:

[comments made while using GEIST 2 AU version 2.0.2.5 / July 16

Effects chain presets - please make it possible to incorporate TRANSMOD settings into the preset. at the moment, if a modulating effects chain is saved - all the TRANSMOD modulation is lost when the preset is recalled in another project.

TRANSMOD - please make it possible to save Step Sequencer and other mod presets. also - perhaps a 'global transmod' preset store which could be recalled on a per Engine basis

Pad Repeat - the Repeat setting is lost when a preset is recalled [it defaults to off] -- would be useful if it remained on

Quantise Incoming Midi - again - this switches off when a preset is recalled - would be useful if I could save the state of this switch in a preset for live performance.

Lawrence_fx

Postby Lawrence_fx » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:25 am

[FR- 0014851] - Saveable/recallable Transmod parameter settings; Mini Sequencer especially
[FR- 0014852] - Save 'Quantize Incoming MIDI' and Pad Repeat values with presets

Return to “Geist2”