Geist 2 in Cubase - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Geist 2 in Cubase

User and tech support forum for Geist 2.

Moderator: Moderators

nikitsu

Geist 2 in Cubase

Postby nikitsu » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:19 am

Hey guys,
i am using geist 2 in Cubase and i set each drum to one stereo output in the padmixer.
i Then created midi tracks for each of them. I drag and dropped my midi groove into cubase.
How can i stop Geist 2 from playing, It seems to auto play even if i have no pattern in cubase. I read the manual and it says to turn off the pattern power button. When i do this there is no sound at all coming. Where am i doin wrong? Hope u guys can help me.
Thx a lot
Best regards
NIk

CakeAlexS

Re: Geist 2 in Cubase

Postby CakeAlexS » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:02 pm

Are you using latest beta? (See top thread).
What OS?

If you are triggering Geist via MIDI on your DAW you should be using midi channel 1 on your DAW to trigger engine 1, and channel 2 to trigger engine 2 etc.

Further info in manual.

vespesian

Postby vespesian » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:54 pm

Are you triggering the transport ("play") button in Cubase or Geist? There was a problem where the space key was triggering Geist only, not Cubase's transport, both for stopping and starting.This was fixed in a recent version, I think.

Lawrence_fx

Postby Lawrence_fx » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:36 am

nikitsu wrote:Hey guys,
i am using geist 2 in Cubase and i set each drum to one stereo output in the padmixer.
i Then created midi tracks for each of them. I drag and dropped my midi groove into cubase.
How can i stop Geist 2 from playing, It seems to auto play even if i have no pattern in cubase. I read the manual and it says to turn off the pattern power button. When i do this there is no sound at all coming. Where am i doin wrong? Hope u guys can help me.
Thx a lot
Best regards
NIk

You can disable pattern power using the small 'on/off' buttons next to each engine display in the engine window at the top of Geist2. This ensures that only MIDI in Cubase will trigger Geist2: Image

nikitsu

Postby nikitsu » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:30 pm

Hey guys
thx a lot for the reply, i didnt get that midi channel 1 triggers drum 1 and so on. i am used to settin that up....
anyway thx a lot for the answers,that helped a lot
best regards
nik

Return to “Geist2”