BUG: plug in G2 not resizeable on lower resolutions - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

BUG: plug in G2 not resizeable on lower resolutions

User and tech support forum for Geist 2.

Moderator: Moderators

schmidi

BUG: plug in G2 not resizeable on lower resolutions

Postby schmidi » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:29 am

I have an older laptop running @ 1366x768 resolution. When I open the Geist 2 as a plugin inside Ableton, I can't resize the plugin to fit correctly on screen.

I think only the lower right allows dragging of the UI, but it opens too far below the lower margin of the screen. Also, the plug version will NOT perform an automatic fit to screen if I drag the plug to the top of the screen, or double click the window header.

There are 3 ways you guys can fix this:
- allow all corners to accommodate resize dragging.
- allow for automatic fit to screen if the plug window is dragged to the top of the screen or double clicked (like almost all other programs).
- make the function "resize UI" under the "Help" tab actually do its job!

Please fix this. I realize that my laptop is older, but it is far from useless.

Lawrence_fx

Re: BUG: plug in G2 not resizeable on lower resolutions

Postby Lawrence_fx » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:52 am

schmidi wrote:I have an older laptop running @ 1366x768 resolution. When I open the Geist 2 as a plugin inside Ableton, I can't resize the plugin to fit correctly on screen.

I think only the lower right allows dragging of the UI, but it opens too far below the lower margin of the screen. Also, the plug version will NOT perform an automatic fit to screen if I drag the plug to the top of the screen, or double click the window header.

There are 3 ways you guys can fix this:
- allow all corners to accommodate resize dragging.
- allow for automatic fit to screen if the plug window is dragged to the top of the screen or double clicked (like almost all other programs).
- make the function "resize UI" under the "Help" tab actually do its job!

Please fix this. I realize that my laptop is older, but it is far from useless.

If you open Geist2 in standalone mode and select Help - Reset UI size to default, this should allow you resize the UI by dragging the bottom-right corner of the window. Shrink the UI to fit within your screen, close the standalone application and open Ableton Live; loading an instance of Geist2 should allow you to view the entire UI successfully.

Return to “Geist2”