FIXED - Sample Start and End Point editing broken? - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

FIXED - Sample Start and End Point editing broken?

User and tech support forum for Geist 2.

Moderator: Moderators

FluxMachina

FIXED - Sample Start and End Point editing broken?

Postby FluxMachina » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:34 pm

Anyone else experiencing this?
Last edited by FluxMachina on Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

FluxMachina

Re: Bug: Sample Start and End Point editing broken?

Postby FluxMachina » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:15 pm

Can anyone confirm this?

With Amp Env enabled:
1/ Load sample
2/ Move start point
3/ Sample End point moves by equal but opposite amount.

With Amp Env disabled:
1/ Load sample
2/ Move start point
3/ Sample End remains where it should.
Last edited by FluxMachina on Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vasilios

Re: Bug - Sample Start and End Point editing broken?

Postby vasilios » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:41 am

CAN CONFIRM AND IS ANNOYING AS HELL

Lawrence_fx

Postby Lawrence_fx » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:57 pm

Hi all, thanks, this has been logged.

joshelevator

Postby joshelevator » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:09 am

This is still not fixed. im using Geist2 in standalone, and with Logic X Pro. Not only does the end point move when i move the start point (and vice-versa i think), but even worse - the actual start point moves after i set it ie. i make a move with the start point, and then when i "let go", it moves a bit... this is happening with a long audio file that i have just dragged onto a pad. this makes geist2 such a hassle to use.. almost unusable as i have to keep moving the start point - hoping it will land basically where i want it to be... which is...a joke.

also - whenever i move the start point, the audio file zooms in to another point (away from where i was just editing) in a random fashion. super annoying as every time i have to zoom back out, and find where i was just working with the start point.

lastly, and seemingly related to the above - sometimes i am not able to zoom into an audiofile, and other times i can (the "+" button on the bottom right).. also, when i do zoom in, it zooms in on a random part of the file (not the area i am looking at in the center of the sample editor), and when i want to "stay zoomed in", and scroll to the area where i want to be editing, because Geist has zoomed in at a random spot, i am imagining i should be able to click on the area between the start/end points below the audio file (the area that shows the entiore audio file just below the big sample editor window), and click/drag the area between the start/end points left or right, but still stay "zoomed in", but whenever i try to do that, it zooms back out. similarly, whenever i make any move with a start or end point, Geist zooms in to a random part of the file (probably a little left or right of where i was just working but i dont know for sure)... i am forced to zoom back out, and then scroll around to find where i was just working, (trying to simply move a start point... which doesnt work correctly as said above in first paragraph). my question with this is - once zoomed in - how do i stay zoomed in, and scroll to the left or right?

i have tried adjusting the "autozoom mode" settings (by clicking those buttons) and they dont seem to work correctly. im guessing when working properly - they should, when i zoom in, zoom in on either the start or end markers that i have set. this does not work. it zooms in elsewhere. and when i set it to "no autozoom", nothing really changes ie. i still have the same problems it seems.

any info on these issues? i keep thinking maybe im missing something basic on how Geist works, as these issues are so big... i was thinking maybe i havent "loaded the audio file" properly ie. just dragging it onto the pad isnt "enough" and i need to do something else (??)...but it doesnt seem to be the case.

i am using a macbook with Sierra 10.12.6

joshelevator

Postby joshelevator » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:07 pm

EDIT - very strange - i closed the session and then opened it back up - the problems are gone.

tappazee

Postby tappazee » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:48 pm

I'm getting this too - it seems to be worse the longer the sample and is totally unusable for anything beyond a few seconds.

FluxMachina

Re: FIXED - Sample Start and End Point editing broken?

Postby FluxMachina » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:56 pm

SO glad this was fixed in the latest update!

It makes a BIG difference having access to the graphical envelopes again (it was more practical to disable them and use the faders before the fix). The ability to really take control of sounds and slices is one of the key selling points imho. The envelopes are excellent. What would be nice is if there was an option to restrict the envelopes to inside the start and end markers and have a default micro fade like DAWS do when you chop clips.

Feeling happy again. This is more than 1's and 0's.

What would be nice is if there was an option to restrict the envelopes to inside the start and end markers

Ed: I feel like such a numpty. Set the playback to Length bound and Bob is your auntie's uncle's first cousin twice removed. Brilliant! :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by FluxMachina on Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

kneecapped

Postby kneecapped » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:04 pm

Try and chopping up samples and slicing them with audio over a minute long!I for the hell cant make sense of the bloody zooms it either zooms way past it or way too small.Why cant they just look at the way recycle zooms in on audio for god sake!Its practically unusable slicing anything.Honestly feel like throwing the fucking thing out the window....

kneecapped

Postby kneecapped » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:04 pm

Try and chopping up samples and slicing them with audio over a minute long!I for the hell cant make sense of the bloody zooms it either zooms way past it or way too small.Why cant they just look at the way recycle zooms in on audio for god sake!Its practically unusable slicing anything.Honestly feel like throwing the fucking thing out the window....

FluxMachina

Postby FluxMachina » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:54 pm

:lol: ...I'm only laughing 'cause I know how you feel. True love. :lol:
I get on alright with the chopping side. That button that does the auto-zoom; I find that there's a need to click off it and on it again to get the right zoom sometimes. Not too much trouble.
Ed:
You mentioned some problems with envelopes in another thread. I left numptyville tonight and realised Length bound in the playback mode locks the env to within the sample points. Perfect.

Return to “Geist2”