Geist 2 bug + minor enhancements thread. - Page 4 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Geist 2 bug + minor enhancements thread.

User and tech support forum for Geist 2.

Moderator: Moderators

FluxMachina

Re: Geist 2 bug + minor enhancements thread.

Postby FluxMachina » Sun May 22, 2016 7:36 am

Drag and drop of pads always drops into bank A.

Steps:
1/ Select a bank other than A
2/ Drag and drop pad and pad drops into to bank A
Temporary solution is to use the 'All' setting.

Anyone else experiencing this?

laszlozoltan

Postby laszlozoltan » Sun May 22, 2016 8:04 am

kinda odd...64bit vst on W764 I am getting a not responding lockup on Dark Matter drums preset kit Alien Textures when I click pads 9 and 13; stable with the 32 bit vst
so far this is the only kit I have run into this error; I reinstalled dark matter expansion, it works fine with geist 1 64bit

such a minor issue here, seems hardly worth mentioning

balchie

Postby balchie » Sun May 22, 2016 9:31 am

OK, I go to the best of guru expander, click through to hits, then kicks. On opening kicks, Geist 2 crashes and takes the DAW down with it.

balchie

Postby balchie » Sun May 22, 2016 1:23 pm

When I do a drum swap by dragging one pad to another, the labelling in the pattern editor isn't updating to show the new drum name.

vespesian

Postby vespesian » Sun May 22, 2016 2:04 pm

1) Sometimes - especially in engines using a lot of/several banks of pads - the SHIFT + click for select tool in the pattern editor is difficult to "de-select"; in other words, after, say, selecting & moving a bunch notes, and SHIFT + clicking on an empty area to "de-select", the select function persists. I think switching between views of different banks of pads confuses it.

2) I have sporadic instances where pattern tool erases great swathes of notes - :shock: - usually after having been in select mode. Again, this occurred in patterns with a larger number of pads.

(I'm on Win7, Cubase 8.5)

CakeAlexS

Postby CakeAlexS » Sun May 22, 2016 4:10 pm

Please delete.
Last edited by CakeAlexS on Fri May 27, 2016 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CakeAlexS

Postby CakeAlexS » Mon May 23, 2016 3:02 am

karmabrothers wrote:I am a little bummed we can't scale below 100% (still don't have a 3k or 4k monitor :)).

At 1920x1080 (or worse, 1600x900), when I resize to be able to see enough of the browser inside of Studio One, I start to run out of usable real estate pretty quickly.

:)

You can, just not from preferences which is rather odd. Drag from the bottom right hand corner of the window (or check manual).

kickthebox

Postby kickthebox » Mon May 23, 2016 7:31 am

Transport button on the 'Mini Sequencer' TransMod source - when selected the sequence should run when the Geist transport is running, except it doesn't - it stops it running altogether.

This is in stand-alone mode and in DAW.

kickthebox

Postby kickthebox » Mon May 23, 2016 12:51 pm

Using the pad 'Copy with Track' function - the copied track pattern doesn't get displayed until you swap patterns or engines and go back.

mobarn

Postby mobarn » Mon May 23, 2016 10:29 pm

Same as Balchie with Best of Guru and the hits "kick" folder - crashes Logic X and Ableton 9.6 every time.

Regards

Graham

KhalilG

Postby KhalilG » Mon May 23, 2016 11:23 pm

FluxMachina wrote:Drag and drop of pads always drops into bank A.

Steps:
1/ Select a bank other than A
2/ Drag and drop pad and pad drops into to bank A
Temporary solution is to use the 'All' setting.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I tried that as a workaround. Even if you use the 'All' setting they samples will still sometimes get dropped into bank A.

konfront

Postby konfront » Tue May 24, 2016 2:31 am

So far haven't had much of the bug fest. Just having a hard time getting around the new interface and the 30 demo time is way to short for my attention span.

Is there really no more way to drag the pattern from geist 2 into host? I recall that this was not implemented in tremor because of the multiple lane lengths. So the same happened with geist 2, I guess.

Will dig in some more these next few weeks.

So far, I'm liking the beast despite the bugs

laszlozoltan

Postby laszlozoltan » Tue May 24, 2016 5:11 am

balchie wrote:OK, I go to the best of guru expander, click through to hits, then kicks. On opening kicks, Geist 2 crashes and takes the DAW down with it.

After opening that folder in x64 geist2 with no crash/lockup, I assigned a bunch of those kick samples to the pads,I am playing in studio one with no issue- yours sounds a lot like my problem with the dark matter alien textures kit.

kickthebox

Postby kickthebox » Tue May 24, 2016 8:22 am

konfront wrote:Is there really no more way to drag the pattern from geist 2 into host? I recall that this was not implemented in tremor because of the multiple lane lengths. So the same happened with geist 2, I guess.

I'm happy to report that you can drag n drop pattern's into the DAW. :) It would be no use to me if you couldn't.

CakeAlexS

Postby CakeAlexS » Mon May 30, 2016 2:10 am

I regret creating this thread as it's hard to post feedback with multiple issues. So I've deleted my posts here and have created separate threads for each of my issues.

Return to “Geist2”