Changing GURU's engines using Akai MPD24 - Page 2 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Changing GURU's engines using Akai MPD24

Support for GURU

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

Rotter3

Postby Rotter3 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:18 pm

For what it's worth I can't get this to work in 'Tools either.

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:41 pm

You need to make sure the MIDI track in Pro Tools is sending on MIDI channel number 11, not the default of 1.
-- Angus F. Hewlett - CEO - FXpansion --
Twitter | YouTube
Synth Squad | BFD Eco

cmreal04

Postby cmreal04 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:20 pm

Thanks for the sticky guys most appreciated.

FYI- With Ableton Live's last update to 7.0.3 the mpd 24 has full control surface support, so when using Guru as a plug you can control volume, send/returns, panning, etc. all from your mpd 24

CM

reynhart

yep another MPD Dumb user :)

Postby reynhart » Mon May 11, 2009 2:22 pm

Hello everybody ,apologize 1) for my english and apologize 2) for another mpd answer.

I just bought Guru + mpd 32 and i'm newb to midi using, it's the last release of guru 1.6.12 and last update firmware of mpd on a fresh window install.

I'm talking about a stand alone use.

I would start my learning using the MPD Guru Preset : FxPanGur, but it seems to have no special interaction on my guru.

I just can play sound pad of the engine 1 (when i'm on mpd pad bank A ), and play/stop/rec work, just like any generic mpd preset.

switching Pad Bank to B,C,D don't change the engine and stop the pads working, and all other fadersknobs , and buttons (that i suppose having a pre programmed use for guru in this preset ) do strictly nothing .

The global parameter mpd of CommonCH is 1A, i've try other until 11 , 12 , 13 but don't work

Sorry if the problem is between the screen and the chair (probably ) but i've read tons of guru & mpd web topic and nothing with a so basic problem.

by the way, happy to see a so cool communuty and support on a product, hope to be helpful by the future :)

Cheers,

Renaud

ompoop

Postby ompoop » Mon May 18, 2009 11:31 pm

camtona wrote:I found this info on the Ableton Live forum regarding setting up the midi routing for each guru engine -

Each engine is on a separate midi channel 1-8. So you should be able to create a new midi track for each engine and route it to where Guru is, and select midi channel 2, 3 or whichever you are wanting to play.

You can do it with this routing -

A few more notes--

If you use a setup like above, and have all of these channel-specific midi tracks record armed, you can freely switch between channels on your MPD, and Guru should respond in kind.

It seems like the internal midi streams in Live don't store channel # data for Midi commands (I'm guessing this was to make it more "efficient"?) -- so you have to manually specify this via the IO settings. Fun stuff.

-jd

Nikan

Postby Nikan » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:21 pm

i am also having this problem..

how can i change my engine..
i am running cubase studio 5, akai mpd24, latest version of guru

stuckwithme247

MPD32 and Patterns?

Postby stuckwithme247 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:39 am

I have tried every possible way to change patterns using the MPD even with just ONE engine? How can i do this? I can change engines 1-8 and I can play 16 pads, but how can I change through patterns? even just 8 of them!? Thank you

stuckwithme247

MPD32 and Patterns?

Postby stuckwithme247 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:39 am

I have tried every possible way to change patterns using the MPD even with just ONE engine? How can i do this? I can change engines 1-8 and I can play 16 pads, but how can I change through patterns? even just 8 of them!? Thank you

audiotripuk

Postby audiotripuk » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:54 pm

I am having the same problem. After realising the midi mapping is currently not supported for Guru in Live I have programmed my MIDI controller as per the Guru document. However, when the MIDI message hits Ableton it gets filtered to CH1 and I cannot control the separate engines etc.. Standalone version works well.

I want to use Guru for live performances and surely I will not use any mouse...

As it stands I cannot MIDI map, even if my controller programmed I can only control CH1...so stuck really.

Any ideas? Will Guru release an update maybe that would allow the VST to communicate with Ableton? It would make our lives sooooooooooooo much easier...pleeeeeease :?

gilljon

Postby gilljon » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:46 pm

I HAVE FL STUDIO AND GURU FOR MY VST HOW DO I GET MY MPD26 A.B.C.D. PAD BANKS TO MAKE GURU ENGINES TO CHANGE WITH IT SOMEONE PLEASE HELP AM CONFUSED

Return to “GURU”