Installing GURU on Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger + 10.5 Leopard, MacBooks etc. - Page 3 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Installing GURU on Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger + 10.5 Leopard, MacBooks etc.

Support for GURU

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Moderators

borg64

Postby borg64 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:36 pm

palimpsest_73 wrote:Any other backend voodoo I can try?

Did you already try this?

Angus_FX wrote:Here is what to do if GURU won't remember its serial number on OS X Leopard:-

1:- Open up you Preferences folder (home/Library/Preferences), locate the file "com.FXpansion.Guru.plist"
2:- Open your Applications folder
3:- Drag the plist file on to TextEdit
4:- Delete any text in the file already, replace it with the following:-

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>DataPath</key>
<string>YOUR_GURU_DATA_PATH</string>
<key>LicenseKey</key>
<string>YOUR_GURU_SERIAL_NUMBER</string>
</dict>
</plist>

5:- Replace the text YOUR_GURU_DATA_PATH with the path to your Guru data (e.g. /Library/GuruData, or /Volumes/Firewire/GuruData)

6:- Replace the text YOUR_GURU_SERIAL_NUMBER with your Guru serial number.
7:- In TextEdit, choose "Format > Make Plain Text"
8:- Save the file, overwriting the old com.FXpansion.Guru.plist
9:- start Guru, it will now find its serial number and work OK.

It sorted the problem out at my end after switching from Tiger to Leopard. Number 7 is really important, I rushed through this the first time and ended up with a file called .plist.txt - which GURU didn't like at all. :oops:

djamadeus1

Postby djamadeus1 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:48 pm

Same thing happens to me when I try to run Guru in stand alone mode. I get the splash screen then a Mac Error Message saying "This program quit unexpectedly".

In Plug-in mode...it won't allow my host to Launch. Cubase is stuck at it's splash screen saying" Initializing: VST 2.x Plugin -> Guru".

And Yes I followed the Forum Stickys on installation ( http://www.fxpansion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3588 ). I purchased Guru and a MPC32 two weeks ago and have not been able to run it since.

Any solutions?

Mac Pro Duel Quad core 3.2GHz intel Xeon
Cubase 4.5.2
TC Electronic Konnect 48
Duende Classic
Powercore
etc, etc, etc.

utama

Postby utama » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:47 pm

Is there any other .plist file for Guru that will auto save this serial number in the preference? In my preference folder there's only com.FXpansion.Guru.plist which still doesn't worked.
I really don't know what's going on, anyone help please :cry: :cry: :cry: I am devastating!

utama

Postby utama » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:56 pm

I keep repeating those step, and carefully at number 7, none of them worked! arrgh!

nicknackers

Postby nicknackers » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:16 pm

Hello,
The Authorization 'workaround' does not work for the stand alone Version
Is there a way to fix it?

Thanks

Steve

mr-dogmeat

Guru standalone Mac

Postby mr-dogmeat » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:55 am

Hi all.
I have suffered many of the issues mentioned with the standalone version of guru. I put it on this morning and for no apparent reason it suddenly works (Except pad naming)!!

messiahwannabe

Postby messiahwannabe » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:37 am

i'm having the same problem on my setup, which is new pac pro 2x2.8 quad intel xeon, mac osx 10.5.6, protools 8

as everyone's getting this error regardless of platform i'm guessing it's not a problem with digidesign, logic AND cubase's code. please fix asap angus! i need to get this running, got a deadline looming over here. thanks.

ps. of course i've done everything suggested here so far.

steveyeahno

Postby steveyeahno » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:10 pm

same on my mac pro with logic....no matter how many times i re-read this thread i still cant find a way to stop it asking for serial every time....think i'll wait for the update...

ehdyn

Postby ehdyn » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:03 am

Happy I found this thread because I couldn't figure out what I was doing "wrong".
Tried a lot of different things to get this working-no dice(many hours).

I think it's time to focus on getting this product working instead of pushing out new products. Very flakey software so far-at least for mac. Don't have time to screw around with this shit.

How long till version 2 that works as advertised?

:evil:

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:03 pm

Just ask the tech support guys (support@fxpansion.com) for the 1.6 beta, that will clear this up.

And I should add - it's not our fault if Apple keep changing the *&£(@ platform.. what works fine on one OS always gets broken with the next, as a small company we just aren't in a position to drop everything and rush out an update :?
-- Angus F. Hewlett - CEO - FXpansion --
Twitter | YouTube
Synth Squad | BFD Eco

ehdyn

Postby ehdyn » Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:36 am

Ah, wasnt expecting a direct response from you Angus. Apologies for being such a bitch-I've been trying to incorporate new software into my routine, and it's all gone shit+I was drinking a little when I posted. I'll get it working.
Yeah, apple are a bunch of fawking twats as of late.

nodoze123

Postby nodoze123 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:24 am

Angus_FX wrote:Just ask the tech support guys (support@fxpansion.com) for the 1.6 beta, that will clear this up.

And I should add - it's not our fault if Apple keep changing the *&£(@ platform.. what works fine on one OS always gets broken with the next, as a small company we just aren't in a position to drop everything and rush out an update :?

is this beta available yet? i just sent an email inquiry to support. anyone have his yet?!?!?!

bob0172

Postby bob0172 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:21 pm

Leopard's search function doesnt find half the files mentioned here. Somehow leopard closed of those files which is extremely annoying. Does anyone know how i can get access to the plist files etc?

clank72

Postby clank72 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:33 pm

But I don't have a DVD. The website said it was a download purchase. How do you install without DVD? Mind is not working. Doesn't not show up in Cubase 4 after installing website update.

?

Return to “GURU”