Drag midi FROM host to GURU pattern? - Page 2 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Drag midi FROM host to GURU pattern?

Support for GURU

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

red37

Postby red37 » Wed May 13, 2009 4:14 pm

Yes im on WinXP Sp3. The option is enabled also.

I apologise earlier in the thread if i have come across abruptly. I understand as well the pressures of having 3 small children myself demanding your attention, interrupting workflow etc...what would we do without them though.

But this issue is really getting me down. I wanted GURU for so long, i was going to wait until v2 before taking the plunge. However impatience got the better of me and in i jumped! By and large it was a good move...save for these stumbling blocks iam persistently running into which are frustrating to say the least. I see the potential in GURU...its just not allowing me access to its charms!

Yet.

When i used the demo of v1.5 there 'appeared' to be nothing hindering my understanding of GURU's workflow and i was able to gain a great impression of what it could do. To the point where i told myself i needed it in my setup. At the moment, that vision is still attainable - its just a bit less clear in how that will eventually pan out.

There simply has to be a setting somewhere (you said about the pads/drag and drop option above) which is not set correctly. The only thing i have done which may or may not have any bearing on this was to move my entire 'gurudata' folder into my samples drive. A move that i presumed to be allowed. Other than that all features of the software are working. Except import of midi files. Generated either by GURU itself or created using 3rd party means.

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Wed May 13, 2009 4:40 pm

I see.. you might want to check that the path in the Options page is pointing at your new Gurudata folder.
-- Angus F. Hewlett - CEO - FXpansion --
Twitter | YouTube
Synth Squad | BFD Eco

red37

Postby red37 » Wed May 13, 2009 6:12 pm

It is. First thing i did was link to the right path.

Flatout

Postby Flatout » Wed May 13, 2009 7:09 pm

Midi drag and drop from Reaper's media explorer to GURU's pattern-pad doesn't work with 1.6.12 (Reaper 2.58 + Win XP sp3). I tried with 1.5.12 and it worked fine.

EDIT: I solved it! The Option "Enable Pad & Pattern drag/drop/swap/copy" was checked as default, but it needed to uncheck and then check again, after that the drag and drop worked with 1.6.12. :D

EDIT AGAIN: This is really strange, but today I can't do midi drag and drop with 1.6.12. I tried again with 1.5.12 and it worked fine. Maybe that success with 1.6.12 yesterday was false positive due sleep dept. :cry:

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Thu May 14, 2009 4:25 pm

red37 - you're not running anything "unusual" like a restricted non-Admin user account or a Unicode file system?

Twitter | YouTube

Synth Squad | BFD Eco

red37

Postby red37 » Thu May 14, 2009 10:52 pm

Angus_FX wrote:red37 - you're not running anything "unusual" like a restricted non-Admin user account or a Unicode file system?

No i have admin rights.

Some 'other' issues are now rearing their heads though unfortunately. Like the output levels after recording to .wav being played back in Sonar. I will avoid going into too much detail here in this topic, save to say all the levels within GURU were balanced (i never even touched pad edit to make alterations with individual hits) Recorded a simple pattern i had loaded (from gurudata's own folder) - same thing with a kit - from gurudata. Straight 32 beat .wav exported, everything set at 0db.

Imported into an Audio track in Sonar, hit play and the bloody went through the roof! I had overs on top of overs :(

What on earth is going wrong here...

Still no midi import/drag and drop etc to pads after tweaking almost every parameter/setting/option that is possible to tweak.

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Fri May 15, 2009 10:51 am

Imported into an Audio track in Sonar, hit play and the bloody went through the roof! I had overs on top of overs Sad

Is it possible that GURU was playing at the same time as the exported clip? Also - if you're exporting an engine (rather than everything) then attenuation from the master fader won't be applied during export.

Twitter | YouTube

Synth Squad | BFD Eco

red37

Postby red37 » Sat May 16, 2009 6:17 pm

I have the Master set to 0db anyway. Even so it was set to All when i did the export, not Engine.

I know how to mute the Engines output ok. But is there any way of not triggering GURU's transport (Play/Stop) button when auditioning material inside SONAR?

This wasn't the cause of the spike i had before though..GURU wasn't even loaded at the time - that was from a GURU generated .wav file.

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Sun May 17, 2009 5:50 pm

Sure.. "Ignore host transport and tempo" in the options page, turn that on and GURU won't start when Sonar does.

There's also an option "Auto crossfade loops on export" which you may want to turn OFF.. it does what you'd expect, but that can perhaps cause phasing and overs on some material. Haven't received any bug reports to that effect, but it's certainly not impossible.

Twitter | YouTube

Synth Squad | BFD Eco

red37

Postby red37 » Wed May 20, 2009 5:21 am

Ok thanks for that tip. Im no longer having output irregularities as a result.

However.....

This midi drag and drop issue is driving me insane. I cant even drag internally now, from for example - the patterns folder to the pattern pads. It is only allowing me to insert a pattern with the 'auto' selection button active.

Please, can we find a solution for this? Most of my enthusiasm is based around creating midi sequnces elsewhere that i would like GURU to incorporate into its architecture. God only knows what is going wrong here....

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Wed May 20, 2009 10:18 am

You're right, there does appear to be something up with that. As a workaround for the time being, set the pattern browser to point at your desktop and then use Auto mode. I'll log a bug but it may take a couple of weeks to turn around a fix.

Twitter | YouTube

Synth Squad | BFD Eco

red37

Postby red37 » Thu May 21, 2009 12:59 pm

Fair enough. At least im not completely off track.

Set to point at desktop? How do you mean...change my default folder path in options, or something else?

red37

Postby red37 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:44 pm

Angus_FX wrote:You're right, there does appear to be something up with that. As a workaround for the time being, set the pattern browser to point at your desktop and then use Auto mode. I'll log a bug but it may take a couple of weeks to turn around a fix.

Any news yet Angus?

red37

Postby red37 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:26 pm

red37 wrote:
Angus_FX wrote:You're right, there does appear to be something up with that. As a workaround for the time being, set the pattern browser to point at your desktop and then use Auto mode. I'll log a bug but it may take a couple of weeks to turn around a fix.

Any news yet Angus?

Bump!

red37

Postby red37 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:04 pm

red37 wrote:
red37 wrote:

Any news yet Angus?

Bump!

Still nothing?

Return to “GURU”