Drag n drop kits, or load kits from pads? - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Drag n drop kits, or load kits from pads?

Support for GURU

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

db120

Drag n drop kits, or load kits from pads?

Postby db120 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:20 am

I've searched forum and manual and thought it would be possible to click n drag kits from explorer to Guru but I'm having no luck. Also, when clicking on a pad and selecting "load kit" (Guru stock kit) I get the following error message: " Load failed: file could not be opened for reading."

I've always click-dragged from Guru's browser for kits but I'm trying to use a workaround... is this normal for kits not to load or have the ability to drop from explorer?
thanks!

oiioooiio

Postby oiioooiio » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:59 pm

All your pads should light up with the selected kit samples loaded as soon as you click on a kit in the browser.
Are you selecting your kits from within the 'kits' tab?
Also when I try to load a kit from right clicking a pad I also get a load failure--unless I load a kit that I created or saved previously-- but still, I can load the kit that said load failure from within the kits browser...
hope that helps.

db120

Postby db120 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:32 pm

Hello, yeah I definitely know how kits function from the browser I've done it that way since the start, but as you said right clicking on pads brings up the load failure.

The other thing I was curious about is dragging kits from xplorer2, finder, or regular explorer in Win. The main purpose is to mostly bypass the Guru browser and drag and drop from something (like xplorer2) that I can make bigger, have multiple tabs for kits, filters, color coding, etc.. thanks for the reply though :)

oiioooiio

Postby oiioooiio » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:34 pm

Sure. I can see your now idea and that sounds like a quick way to work. The only thing I've found that can be dragged in is audio files to the individual pads.
What I've done is created a 'browser' template for my controller and have it set so I can flip through the tabs and jump around and select files that way then my laptop has an application that will place a magnification window where I set it so its zoomed onto the browser. It's a new setup so I'm still getting used to it...thinking of using the favorites feature in Guru to make bookmarks to flip thru with the controller...haven't tried that yet.

Return to “GURU”