KONG - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

KONG

Support for GURU

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

bluseky

KONG

Postby bluseky » Sat May 29, 2010 1:07 am

Okay. I got to say it.

Integrate the sound design features of Propellerheads' Kong into Guru and there is an instant win.

I am a huge fan of GURU and use it every day. But when I saw the sound design features of Kong my jaw dropped. I KNOW that Fxpansion can totally kill it with guru v.2, But what's going on with Kong looks king.

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Sat May 29, 2010 11:28 am

Agreed, Kong looks rather good indeed! Shame it doesn't have a sequencer on board but I suppose in Reason it doesn't really need one.

Which of Kong's features leapt out at you the most..?
-- Angus F. Hewlett - CEO - FXpansion --
Twitter | YouTube
Synth Squad | BFD Eco

bluseky

Postby bluseky » Sat May 29, 2010 6:37 pm

The features that jumped out at me the most are the synthesis types and physical modeling. Effects I'll judge when I hear them, all though I don't have high expectations. I really enjoy crafting drum and percussion sounds, and Kong seems great for that. It *seems* to me that either GURU or LIVE (my host) can handle the other features pretty well already, although, I must admit I'll probably start diving into REX world if decide to get back into Reason.

To be fair, Kong looks good, but GURU still rocks in my opinion. The OSC features is an amazing and very undervalued feature. The graphs are amazingUnlike many, I like the effects, especially the squeeze function on the reverb. So many features I still don't use.

I guess what I would like to have in GURU would be the sound design (and live sampling) of Kong with the modularity and routing of audio signals of Live. Effects I would like to see would be an (external) sidechain compressor and high quality tape saturation type thing.

Patiently awaiting the 2.0 update!

leoelzein

Postby leoelzein » Sun May 30, 2010 7:48 am

Having stopped updating reason since version 1, I decided to give it another go with the reason 5 / record 1.5 announcement. the upgrade price was very tempting so i caved in, only $149 (which is $100 less than what I paid for Guru. :wink: ) I will receive first Reason 4 / Record 1 and Reason 5 / Record 1.5 when that is out.

I thought of selling Guru, but I think I will hang on to it to see what V2 is like. You can never have enough drum machines! I also own Drummaxx which is unique.

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Mon May 31, 2010 11:22 am

Sounds sensible to me :) I agree, drum synthesis in general is much underrated, especially when you approach it from a modular point of view. Maybe the world is finally ready for plug-in dedicated drum synthesis generators, 9 years after the release of DR-008 :?

Twitter | YouTube

Synth Squad | BFD Eco

ICN

Postby ICN » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:56 am

Angus_FX wrote:Sounds sensible to me :) I agree, drum synthesis in general is much underrated, especially when you approach it from a modular point of view. Maybe the world is finally ready for plug-in dedicated drum synthesis generators, 9 years after the release of DR-008 :?

LOL - Didnt know what DR-008 was until I googled it!

http://www.fxpansion.com/index.php?page=21

I might be going out on a limb here Angus - but it probably doesnt look as sexy as Kong - or Guru! :D

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:57 am

It's nearly ten freaking years old... what do you want? :P

Twitter | YouTube

Synth Squad | BFD Eco

ICN

Postby ICN » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:12 pm

Angus_FX wrote:It's nearly ten freaking years old... what do you want? :P

Well..

Haha! :lol:

bluseky

Postby bluseky » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:19 am

I just heard the DCAM Himalaya video. All I know is that if DCAM is anything to go by, GURU2 is going to blow everything else away.

Return to “GURU”