Forum

FXpansion Forum

How do I uninstall the GURU demo on Windows?

General FX news, discussion, and a place to speak your mind

Moderators: Drew_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, Moderators

chj

How do I uninstall the GURU demo on Windows?

Postby chj » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:04 am

I tried out the GURU demo, although I liked the program, I am not ready to purchase it yet and would now like to uninstall it. The Control Panel - Add or Remove Programs does not list GURU. There is no uninstall.exe that I can find. All I see is "GURU_uninstaller.fus" but I don't know if there is any way to run it.

The "GURU_installLog.log" text shows me what the installer did, do I have to manually undo it all?

chj

Postby chj » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:07 am

hmm, no reply? not very promising.

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:26 pm

You can manually delete Guru from your Program Files and plugins folders and then delete the audio data.

Winman42

Postby Winman42 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:05 pm

This is VERY dissapointing that this company does not provide a way to remove their demo from your system. I've seen this question posted numerous times, and not one single answer. I can understand they might be worried that folks are gonna run this demo over and over, but they could at least verify that removing the directory manually wont result in future system problems. Or perhaps be up front with users when they install the demo, advising that their is NO uninstall mechanism.

Win

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:11 am

Winman42 wrote:.. and not one single answer...

Erm.. I answered above. But just to clarify, it's no problem to manually delete. It takes seconds and will not cause you any future problems.

Winman42

Postby Winman42 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:29 am

Rory, apparently you are a moderator, which I failed to recognize. DUH! Thanks very much for the reply, much appreciated.
Win

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:30 am

:)

Beatfarm

Guru Demo is causing a major upset with my other plugins!!!

Postby Beatfarm » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:04 am

I installed the Guru Demo months ago and I tried to delete it after the trial period. Now even though I deleted all the Guru Files manually (incl. components&VST folder etc) it still causes an error messages (basicly sating that the when I initialize my NI plugins and other 3rd party plugins. IT HAS BECOME A HUGE PAIN IN THE ASS!!!! Not only does it prevent to initialize the other plugins, I can't even get rid off the error message. Can anyone...please help me out here and YES IT WOULD BE NICE TO RUN A DEINSTALL PACKAGE AFTER THE DEMO PERIOD, SO STUFF LIKE THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN!!! Thanks.

mpc3000

Postby mpc3000 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:53 am

Have to say I agree, there should be an uninstall mechanism.
Doing it manually is not end of the world, but for the price it costs and being a professional product, the developers should include the basic install/uninstall.

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:06 pm

Beatfarm - it sounds like an extra copy of Guru.dll has gotten on your system somehow. If you do a systemwide search for guru.dll and delete any that you find, that should fix it once and for all.
-- Angus F. Hewlett - CEO - FXpansion --
Twitter | YouTube
Synth Squad | BFD Eco

spoednick

What a joke!

Postby spoednick » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:03 pm

Not since Windows 3.0 did you need to uninstall an application by removing files manually. How do you expect to sell this product if it's isn't complete?

leonferrara

Re: How do I uninstall the GURU demo on Windows?

Postby leonferrara » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:51 am

Hello :)
Very simple. Take a deep breath and do it Manually.
Thank you
:) :)

Return to “General Discussion”