FXpansion Forum

BFD3.1 NFUZD 'NSPIRE' eDrumkit support

Product Support for BFD3

Moderator: Moderators

SKoT_FX
Promulgator of Beats

BFD3.1 NFUZD 'NSPIRE' eDrumkit support

Postby SKoT_FX » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:06 am

This thread is for questions arising from BFD3.1's support for NFUZD Electronic Drumkits. http://www.nfuzdaudio.com

BFD 3.1 introduces the ability to export a mix-down of your BFD3 preset into the 'NFUZD' soundbank format, and then load it directly into the NFUZD module's memory. This allows you to run a custom-built and mixed BFD kit natively on external hardware, without a computer attached.

Sharp-eyed users may notice the Perferences | Data | Export section has an option 'Enable NFUZD Export Features'. If you turn this on, two new menu items will appear in the Tools menu, "Export NFUZD Kit" and "Export NFUZD Loops". More information can be found in the BFD 3.1 manual on their use.

If you are having trouble using these features, or want to know more about BFD3's support for NFUZD hardware, please ask here.
SKoT McDonald
CTO FXpansion]

Home Studio 87

Postby Home Studio 87 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:53 am

How many kits (memory) the NFUZD module can "download" from BFD ?
Gigabyte GA-X99P-SLI / Intel Corei7 6800k / 32 Go DDR4 / 3x SSD / Win 10 Pro x64 / UAD Apollo Twin USB / UAD2 Satellite Octo USB / UAD2 Octo PCIe / Cubase Pro 9 x64 / VEP6 / D-Touch Cubase / Console 1 / Faderport / iPad 3 Lemur... /

Home Studio 87

Postby Home Studio 87 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:04 pm

But what about the sounds ? how many Kick / Snare / Toms Cymbals etc....
Gigabyte GA-X99P-SLI / Intel Corei7 6800k / 32 Go DDR4 / 3x SSD / Win 10 Pro x64 / UAD Apollo Twin USB / UAD2 Satellite Octo USB / UAD2 Octo PCIe / Cubase Pro 9 x64 / VEP6 / D-Touch Cubase / Console 1 / Faderport / iPad 3 Lemur... /

john emrich
Righteous Drum Lord

Postby john emrich » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:17 am

Here is how it works....

The NSPIRE system uses one bass drum, one snare, up to four toms, ride, two crashes, HH and percussion. The Export To Module function does a number of things including down mixing from the BFD format to the NSPIRE format. That shrinks the size a lot!

In BFD 3 you can take advantage of linking kit pieces to create unique sounds. The ETM function will still prepare the sounds in the format listed above.

Size is always something to keep an eye on, but it is not as bad as you may think. Keeping in mind that the NSPIRE I/O module has an internal reverb unit and asking yourself questions like "Do I really need to export all of the cymbals?" And size management is easy to deal with.

This system is basically doing three months of my work in one minute! (Thanks SKoT!)

Hope this helps,
John

kwandrews

Re: BFD3.1 NFUZD 'NSPIRE' eDrumkit support

Postby kwandrews » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:29 pm

I upgraded to BFD3 and cannot get the export to NFUZD feature to work. I do have it enabled and can see it in the Tools menu. When I select it, nothing happens. I have read the manual online and it looks like a dialogue box should open; however, this is not happening. Please advise.

Thank you,
Ken

kwandrews

Re: BFD3.1 NFUZD 'NSPIRE' eDrumkit support

Postby kwandrews » Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:50 am

Ok, I figured out how to get around the issue....sort of. Fxpansion staff, how do I report a bug? For everyone else, this is the issue and how to fix it.

OS = Mac OS 10.14.5 (Mojave)
Mac = 2018 MacBook Pro 15" (i7 6-core, 16GB RAM)
Software = BFD3 & BFD Eco-NFUZD (newest updated releases for both)
Kit = NFUZD Fusion kit with stock module (latest firmware)

ISSUE: As noted in the post above, with BFD3 & Eco-NFUZD, they both error out exporting to NFUZD. For BFD3, the export dialogue box does not open. For Eco, the box will not open but an error message stating it can't find the export "skin" file appears. I click past the error and Eco crashes.

FIX: I uninstalled both completely....every last trace of the app. Eco failed to uninstall as it could not find the uninstall file (even though I located it and ran it, it still failed). I did it manually and tracked down all related files an extensions.

Next, I reinstalled Eco-NFUZD and did NOT take the version upgrade offered. I left it as it came off of the USB thumb-drive with the drum module. Voila! The export worked. As a test, I updated the version and it killed it again. So, I reverted back to the old version. This is the version that works: BFD Eco V. 1.6.1.5 Version Type: Major, Release Date: 2015-08-05

Next, I installed this version of BFD3 and it worked! BFD3 V. 3.2.3.3 (Win 7/OSX 10.9 32bit) Version Type: Minor, Release Date: 2018-03-08.

It appears as though the newest updates of both apps are NOT compatible with updated Macs. I realize that Eco will not be fixed as it is a legacy product. However, BFD3 needs to be fixed and ready for Mac OS 10.15 this summer/fall at the very least.

Return to “BFD3”