macOS 10.15 Catalina compatibility - Page 8 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

macOS 10.15 Catalina compatibility

General FX news, discussion, and a place to speak your mind

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Moderators

pippoxpansion

Re: macOS 10.15 Catalina compatibility

Postby pippoxpansion » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:01 am

damn, this blows, I am personally done with this company.. won't buy a thing from FXpansion or ROLI anymore. As I understand you can't keep updating stuff perpetually.. as a customer it blows to see hundreds of dollars in investment vanish.. seriously
I would happily pay money to keep my plugins working with updates, and I would understand why they drop the old effects like MAUL, BLOOM etc.. but SYNTH SQUAD?? This seriously blows..

Lawrence_fx

Postby Lawrence_fx » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:57 pm

pippoxpansion wrote:sooo. this may sound like. stupid question, but I undesrstand GEIST 2, STROBE 2, CYPHER 2 got some work done and are OK with Catalina now.. but is there a plan to get also working BLOOM, ETCH, MAUL, TREMOR and DCAM SYNTH SQUAD?

We're looking into the feasibility of updating some of the legacy installers to allow these products to be installed on macOS Catalina - we'll let you know of any progress made.

Norbert Mueller

Postby Norbert Mueller » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:04 pm

Dave Magoo wrote:The following FXpansion instruments are now considered legacy products and as such will receive no further updates or support to ensure continued compatibility with modern operating systems and DAW hosts:
Bloom
DCAM Dynamics
DCAM SynthSquad
SynthSquad Packs
DR008
Etch
Guru
Geist
BFD Eco
BFD1
BFD2
Maul
Tremor
VST AU Adapter
VST RTAS Adapter

:cry:

This so bad. RME supports all old products, even from 2001! ROLI/FXpansion turned into a scam. :-(
STILL NO BFD3 DRIVER FOR CATALINA. It's just inexcusable.

onlyleura

Postby onlyleura » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:38 pm

Lawrence_fx wrote:Hey Kit, there aren't any known issues with Strobe2 or Cypher2 and Catalina at this stage, so please feel free to install/update if this is the only FXpansion software you're running. Please do let us know if you encounter any issues, though.

You can rest assured, knowing that you'll definitely hear from me if I update to Catalina in-situ, and Strobe2 starts retching.

-Kit

Lawrence_fx

Postby Lawrence_fx » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:01 pm

Hi all,

We're pleased to say we've been able to repackage the following legacy products, to allow them to install and run on macOS Catalina - these can now be downloaded from your FXpansion account:

- DCAM Synth Squad
- Tremor
- Bloom
- Etch
- Maul

Work is continuing on updates to BFD3 and BFD Expansions, and we hope to bring you news very soon of when these updates will be available.

Jan.Schoene

Postby Jan.Schoene » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:19 am

Hi,

can't remember if it was mentioned - what about third party installers? Like eSoundz or Drumdrops. Will they have to upgrade their installers on their own? Can't see that with eSoundz to be honest - great stuff but they seem a little behind technically. Or are you building an installer that can somehow "read" and install old packs? That would be great anyway - one installer to install them all, just point to a folder where the packs are saved and hit "go" :D
For now I'm just copying all the stuff when i move to a new computer. But if the drive fails I only have the original installers on an external drive.

Cheers
Jan
To avoid questions:
MacBook Pro Retina, Core i7 2,6GHz, 16GB RAM, OS X 10.14.6, Logic Pro X, Cubase Pro 10, BFD3 (always latest stable), BFD Eco, BFD Eco DV

Divarre

Postby Divarre » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:16 am

Lawrence_fx wrote:Hi all,

We're pleased to say we've been able to repackage the following legacy products, to allow them to install and run on macOS Catalina - these can now be downloaded from your FXpansion account:

- DCAM Synth Squad
- Tremor
- Bloom
- Etch
- Maul

Work is continuing on updates to BFD3 and BFD Expansions, and we hope to bring you news very soon of when these updates will be available.

Just installed DCAM Synth Squad on macOS 10.15.3 and they're working like a charm. Thanks FXpansion!

plectrumboy

Postby plectrumboy » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:24 pm

Divarre wrote:

- DCAM Synth Squad
- Tremor
- Bloom
- Etch
- Maul

Just installed DCAM Synth Squad on macOS 10.15.3 and they're working like a charm. Thanks FXpansion!

Well, if Fxpansion can address Catalina issues with software they had previously classified as 'legacy', I hope I'll be able to say the same thing with BFD3 soon... :mrgreen:

Lawrence_fx

Postby Lawrence_fx » Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:03 pm

plectrumboy wrote:
Divarre wrote:

- DCAM Synth Squad
- Tremor
- Bloom
- Etch
- Maul

Well, if Fxpansion can address Catalina issues with software they had previously classified as 'legacy', I hope I'll be able to say the same thing with BFD3 soon... :mrgreen:

We're getting ever closer each day. Thanks for hanging in there

fabsqueak

Postby fabsqueak » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:01 pm

BFD 3 is my go to, but still no update for Catalina. I'am really sad.
Do you have an alternative to offer ?

i2mls@me.com

Postby i2mls@me.com » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:20 pm

Time to move on... Just upgraded to Toontrack Superior Drummer3. I waited 2-months for BFD, but sadly we all can't simply stop making music!!! Fxpansion must be in trouble, as this is just not acceptable behavior.

X Customer
Michael Shannon

mvcl

Postby mvcl » Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:56 am

In light of all of the inconvenience we've suffered from waiting so long (and still ongoing) and PAIN from having to revert our machines via fresh installs of Mojave after Catalina, with all of the tedious reinstallation of the software packages, apps, helpers, fonts, utilities, etc. and system configurations which are entailed in that, I have a suggestion. It would be a welcome gesture if FXPansion were to gift to us the full run of BFD3 expansion packs to explore and enjoy. I've always been curious, and I've always been a loyal customer (I've bought all of FXPansion's products). Whatever the cost to the company, this would be a very-much appreciated gesture to us for sticking around so patiently. We could have an understanding too that we would pay for any of the packs we use in commerce, otherwise the packs to us would be NFR (not for resale) non-transferable, and for review only.
Why not?
[Addition on 13-Feb-2020: I'm serious in making this request. Please email me the details!]
Last edited by mvcl on Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LesSand

Postby LesSand » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:24 am

Agreed.

I would even go as far as arguing that the loss in revenue stands to be minimal to non-existent.

Given the damage in reputation that this delay has caused, I don't think many of users and fans - especially the ones who have been following this thread -- are inclined to sink any more money on BFD expansions and other FXpansion products.

A material gesture of appreciation would win back the trust of some of us with virtually zero cost and only a potential deferral/forfeiture of future income -- income that is far from certain at this point.

Self-interest notwithstanding, not only I'd appreciate such a token, I would also consider it sound business reasoning.

-Les

Nelifedo

Postby Nelifedo » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:44 am

New user chiming in here...
Embarrassing.

Went back to addictive drums. Fckng waste of money here

fenderman

Postby fenderman » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:30 am

Hi

Is this issue with Catalina ever going to be resolved ? there has been ample time now, or are you no longer going to support BFD, but not told customers yet ?
Please advise so that other alternatives can be considered if you are not going to support customers.

Thanks

Tim

Return to “General Discussion”