Random unloading of kit pieces while playing! - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Random unloading of kit pieces while playing!

Support for BFD2 Acoustic Drum Workstation

Moderators: Drew_fx, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Moderators

bigjoe

Random unloading of kit pieces while playing!

Postby bigjoe » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:21 pm

Hi,
I have a BIG problem... I use the last stable version of bfd2 in protools, on a windows 7 machine with i5 intel processor and 4 gb of ddr3 ram.

When i'm playing or programming a drum track, aome random pieces automatically UNLOADS from their slots!!! Oh man... This is an headache...

I've tryied everything, i searched trough internet...but no one seems to have this really anoying problem...

What can i do? Actually BFD is completely unusable ...

Platinum Samples

Postby Platinum Samples » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:37 pm

What version number of Pro Tools and what version number of BFD2?

Rail

bigjoe

Postby bigjoe » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:32 pm

protools 10.0.1 and bfd 2.2.2.3

I installed previously the latest beta, after experiencing this issue i intalled the 2.2.2.3 update, but no changes...i've trashed and rebuilt database...

I worked one day with bfd2.1 experiencing only a graphic issue...

bigjoe

Postby bigjoe » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:10 pm

I noticed it appens in standalone mode too... Under win 7 64bit

It appens when the piece plays many notes... For example...if i'm playing 1/8 notes with the snare, everything works fine... But if i play a 1/32 fast roll the snare unloads... Some times it appens whith other pieces playng fast notes.

If i load the pieces multiple times after the slot reset, seems that everything works...but this is a really annoying bug!

Platinum Samples

Postby Platinum Samples » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:26 pm

I've never heard of anything like that... and not even sure how that could be happening... Can you please post a screen shot of your BFD2 Engine prefs.

The latest version of BFD2 is 2.3.0.38 and I recommend you run that.

Rail

jord

Postby jord » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:39 pm

I haven't seen this either. I'm wondering if something else may be at play here.

jord
Real guitar heroes play real guitars

BGD_John

Postby BGD_John » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:39 pm

good day , i had last week a similar problem (same with unloading the kits) with eco after upgrading from 1.0 to 1.5 in cubase 6 ! i believe but i´m really not 100 percent sure that there was a problem with setting the ram buffer and load on demand (the samples are on an external hdd drive) ! but after few restarts from eco and the pc its gone now ! it works now as it should but it was also very strange for me !

can´t say about bfd2 settings as i don´t own it yet (but will get BFD2 next week as the deal in march for bfd2 are very very good) !

my answere don´t help you much as i could not locate the error and now its gone !

bigjoe

Postby bigjoe » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:49 pm

I'm going to install the latest version of bfd... When i'm done i'll post a screenshot... I've lready tryied to reset all the preferences and the problem is still here... It's really strange and frustrating

bigjoe

Postby bigjoe » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:29 pm

Here's a screenshot of my settings

I've installed the latest version of BFD 2.3.0.38 and the problem is still here.
I found that is due to the "load on demand" feature. If i disable load on demand, everithing works fine.
But i really need load on demand, since i work in protools, which is a 32bit host and i need to load on my ram to avoid cymbal truncation an glitches.

I've installed my library on an external e-sata drive (7200 rpm) used only for BFD data, but i'm experiencing glitches and cymbals truncation, so with the load on demand features, with load all to ram enable i'm able to run BFD flawlessly...but with this bug it becomes impossible to use this feature :S

Maybe i must to set my preferences in a different way?
Attachments
Cattura.JPG
Cattura.JPG (97.17 KiB) Viewed 1642 times

etto

Postby etto » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:50 pm

Did you try unchecking anti machine gun mode?
IMac 27" 2.8GHz 16GB ram Mavericks
MacBookPro 15" 2.2GHz Duo 3GB ram Snow leopard
PowerMac G5 Dual 2.3GHz 2.5GB ram Leopard

http://soundcloud.com/edc-4
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC4289A53FE3A4807

jord

Postby jord » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:56 pm

You also don't need Load to RAM set, especially in 32-bit system. I don't even need it in a 64-bit setup. That's where you're resource hungriness from a another thread is happening. I've got similar settings as far as RAM and disk cache go, but you can probably set your disk cache to 16384.

Usually, I find the thing with Load on Demand is that you have uncheck AMG and set VelRnd to 0 and play it through twice. That's why I would rather fine tune my settings (I like a certain amount of unpredictability).

As well, where is your project audio stored? This makes a rather sizable difference for not only playing the samples, but for also exporting kit piece audio. The less disk traffic on a single drive, the better (this goes for all samplers and ROMplers... not just BFD2).

jord
Real guitar heroes play real guitars

bigjoe

Postby bigjoe » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:47 pm

Well...i'm working fine with your advices, but there's a bug...if a piece automatically unloads from the slot there's a problem... hope it will be fixed.

I want to make a question... disabling AMG, wil make the rolls more "robotic"...i'm really a "drum programming geek" and i'm searching to learn rapidly to get out realistic playing out of this baby, not only on the execution side, but mostly from the dinamic side...

I made some personal libraries to use with kontakt and i use a lot of round robin treads to avoid to trigger always the same sample if i've got a roll playing notes of about the same dinamic range.

How can i accomplish that?

I'm a bit disappointed by the "vel randomization" effect, because i can affect some programmed parts which must be played as i want.

Any advice is welcome :)

Platinum Samples

Postby Platinum Samples » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:33 pm

Uncheck LOAD ALL TO RAM -- there's no way Pro Tools or any 32 bit host app. can handle that.

Rail

BGD_John

Postby BGD_John » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:28 pm

same over here in eco 1.5 32bit (checked again) enable "load on demand" with faster playing unloads the kits and the samples sounds trunced , unplayable if it is enabled ! personal don´t need this function !

it seems to me that there is an BFD Engine bug or something ! just to mention !

have buy now BFD2 but i don´t had the time to check and test !

Return to “BFD2”