macOS 10.15 Catalina compatibility - Page 12 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

macOS 10.15 Catalina compatibility

General FX news, discussion, and a place to speak your mind

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

LesSand

Re: macOS 10.15 Catalina compatibility

Postby LesSand » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:29 pm

Lawrence_fx wrote:We're pleased to say that COVID-19 hasn't affected any development/testing; we're continuing progress on these updates, which are now closer than they've ever been. We are aiming to release public beta updates to BFD3 and the BFD3 Core Library this week, with updates to all expansions to follow shortly, assuming no further issues arise - we'll let you know if any further delays are likely to occur.

Thanks for the update Lawrence. Having a timeframe is a positive pattern. We're all waiting very anxiously. Take care of yourselves out there, everybody.

Norbert Mueller

Postby Norbert Mueller » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:45 pm

Lawrence_fx wrote:
Norbert Mueller wrote:I hope Roli/FXpansion won't use the coronavirus as an excuse.

We're pleased to say that COVID-19 hasn't affected any development/testing; we're continuing progress on these updates, which are now closer than they've ever been. We are aiming to release public beta updates to BFD3 and the BFD3 Core Library this week, with updates to all expansions to follow shortly, assuming no further issues arise - we'll let you know if any further delays are likely to occur.

Thanks again all for your patience and understanding.

That sounds good! :) :) :)

kafka

Postby kafka » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:12 pm

Lawrence_fx wrote:
Norbert Mueller wrote:I hope Roli/FXpansion won't use the coronavirus as an excuse.

We're pleased to say that COVID-19 hasn't affected any development/testing; we're continuing progress on these updates, which are now closer than they've ever been. We are aiming to release public beta updates to BFD3 and the BFD3 Core Library this week, with updates to all expansions to follow shortly, assuming no further issues arise - we'll let you know if any further delays are likely to occur.

Awesome! Totally looking forward to this. Thanks.

tom_weiss

Postby tom_weiss » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:23 pm

Fabulous news. Really looking forward to it. I’ve been testing others but NOTHING sounds as good to me...

Lawrence_fx

Postby Lawrence_fx » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:12 pm

The StuF wrote:
Lawrence_fx wrote:

Holy sh*t. Better deliver.

We're really trying to, but this is not a complete guarantee, as there is always the possibility that other issues may arise. We'll let you know later this week as to how things are going.

Nelifedo

Postby Nelifedo » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:15 pm

Lawrence_fx wrote:

Holy sh*t. Better deliver.

We're really trying to, but this is not a complete guarantee, as there is always the possibility that other issues may arise. We'll let you know later this week as to how things are going.[/quote]

Alright, dude.

fabsqueak

Postby fabsqueak » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:29 pm

Crossed Fingers

tom_weiss

Postby tom_weiss » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:53 pm

DUDES - check you FREAKING DOWNLOAD ZONE:

https://www.fxpansion.com/account/

Trying this now...

LesSand

Postby LesSand » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:57 pm

:shock:

Lawrence_fx

Postby Lawrence_fx » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:20 pm

Hi all,

We're very pleased to announce that a new public beta version of BFD3, v3.3.1.31, is now available to download from your account. This version is currently only available for Mac users, but we'll be releasing a Windows build very shortly that introduces similar updates (excluding Catalina support).

Please note that we have also released an update for FX License Manager, v2.1.0.14, which significantly improves the speed and reliability of the BFD3 Core Library download, and is included in the BFD3 v3.3.1.31 installation or can be downloaded from the bottom of your account page.

Further to this, we have been updating all BFD Expansions and BFD Groove Packs with download tickets, so that they can be downloaded through License Manager as single installer files (rather than the existing multi-part downloads). These will be made available very soon - we'll keep you posted as to when they're likely to be released.

This version of BFD3 introduces the following changes:

- Support for macOS Catalina
- Case-sensitive file system support
- Improved Dark Studio theme
- Updated installer system
- Improved support for BFD Expansion installation
- Various bug fixes and performance improvements

On behalf of the entire FXpansion team who worked on this update, thank you so much for your patience and understanding - we really appreciate it, and hope that this update gets you up and running again with your productions. As always, if you encounter any issues, please don't hesitate to contact our support team, and we can investigate accordingly. Please feel free to discuss any comments, suggestions or issues in the following announcement thread: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=8313760.

Thanks!

LesSand

Postby LesSand » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:03 pm

Hooray! Downloading!

tom_weiss

Postby tom_weiss » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:11 pm

AND IT'S WORKING FOR ME!

Norbert Mueller

Postby Norbert Mueller » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:19 pm

T H A N K Y O U S O M U C H !

Norbert Mueller

Postby Norbert Mueller » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:41 pm

An old school error occurs. And YES I did run the license manager which told me BFD3 is authorized. What am I doing wrong?
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto 2020-03-18 um 21.30.20.png
Bildschirmfoto 2020-03-18 um 21.30.20.png (842.67 KiB) Viewed 9082 times

Drew_BFDTeam

Postby Drew_BFDTeam » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:15 pm

Norbert Mueller wrote:An old school error occurs. And YES I did run the license manager which told me BFD3 is authorized. What am I doing wrong?

Try clearing out each authorization in License Manager - do this with BFD3 closed.
Then close License Manager and launch BFD3.
Then rescan all your audio content locations panel.
Then re-authorize.

I've checked your account to make sure you have enough auths.

Return to “General Discussion”