Forum

FXpansion Forum

BFD3 v3.3.1.31 Public Beta

Product Support for BFD3

Moderator: Moderators

purtington

Re: BFD3 v3.3.1.31 Public Beta

Postby purtington » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:56 pm

SonnyWade wrote:Just installed the new public beta on a Windows 10 64bit computer and BFD3 does not load drum kits whether they be BFD3 or third party like Drumdrops.
BFD3 worked just fine prior to the update. Now, nothing, nada pfft...
Am I missing something really important about the installation?

Is this in stand alone?

Steve
https://soundcloud.com/steve-corr

Scan UK 3XS Audio System
ASUS Prime Intel Z390-A
intel i9 10th gen 900k 3.7GHz
32GB Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX 2666MHz
5000GB SSD PM981 M.2 PCIe (OS)
500GB SSD drive for BFD Samples
Focusrite Scarlett 4i4
Windows 10

SonnyWade

Postby SonnyWade » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:23 am

Hi Steve.
I'm having trouble in both the standalone and as a VSTi in Cubase Pro 10.5.
I did a system restore and Cubase blacklisted BFD3.
I reinstalled the public beta and I can't locate the .dll

kristiab

Postby kristiab » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:04 am

I installed this last night and can confirm that BFD3 is working perfectly now on my MacBook 16" with Catalina.. almost. In Ableton Live 10 I am able to load the VST and everything works, however I cannot get the AU/component to load.. Ableton Live 10 doesn't show this plugin so I suspect it doesn't pass validation. And yes, I have checked the that .component file is in the correct folder and have tried the tricks on the ableton forum without any luck

Update: tried to validate the component with pluginval (https://github.com/Tracktion/pluginval/ ... tag/v0.2.4) and the validation of the AU component fails:

Started validating: /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/BFD3.component
Random seed: 0x6fcccb8
Validation started: 20 Mar 2020 2:53:22pm

Strictness level: 5
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Starting test: pluginval / Scan for known types: /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/BFD3.component...
Num types found: 0
!!! Test 1 failed: No types found
FAILED!! 1 test failed, out of a total of 1

Finished validating: /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/BFD3.component
*** FAILED: 1 TESTSpluginval v0.2.4 - JUCE v5.4.5
Last edited by kristiab on Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

purtington

Postby purtington » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:15 am

SonnyWade wrote:Hi Steve.
I'm having trouble in both the standalone and as a VSTi in Cubase Pro 10.5.
I did a system restore and Cubase blacklisted BFD3.
I reinstalled the public beta and I can't locate the .dll

That's interesting, Cakewalk doesn't blacklist VSi's but it does give ou a warning asking if you want to enable a plugging and tells me it, 'risky' it did this with the new update.

I had it working in stand alone and as an insert in a new project, it was crashing in all my existing projects.

Did it create any crash logs?
If so you should zip them and send them in to fxpansion

Steve

Scan UK 3XS Audio System
ASUS Prime Intel Z390-A
Focusrite Scarlett 4i4
Windows 10

SonnyWade

Postby SonnyWade » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:31 pm

Hi Steve,
I sent in the crash logs but unfortunately, that now seems to be the focus.
When I installed the update from .44, I noticed the scroll bar under the mixer was missing. In attempting to load a preset, the kick channel would flash but that is all. Is that the case for anyone else?
I'm scrambling here.

Thunder

Postby Thunder » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:43 pm

Presets aren't working right away in Stand Alone on a Mac. You click on them and nothing loads. You can see the kit pieces but no sound. Give it about 5 minutes and then they start load. Just confirmed it by quitting BFD3 and reopening it. Presets won't load. Let me clarify, the Kits don't load but the grooves are loading.If I got to Kits instead of Presets the kits do load. Then when I go back to presets they seem to load kits but then the kick drum never changes, at least the picture never changes. Weird behavior. When I say the picture never changes I'm talking about the picture of the kit piece in the mixer. It does change in the picture under the preset list in the lower left corner.

Lawrence_fx

Postby Lawrence_fx » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:40 am

kristiab wrote:I installed this last night and can confirm that BFD3 is working perfectly now on my MacBook 16" with Catalina.. almost. In Ableton Live 10 I am able to load the VST and everything works, however I cannot get the AU/component to load.. Ableton Live 10 doesn't show this plugin so I suspect it doesn't pass validation. And yes, I have checked the that .component file is in the correct folder and have tried the tricks on the ableton forum without any luck

Update: tried to validate the component with pluginval (https://github.com/Tracktion/pluginval/ ... tag/v0.2.4) and the validation of the AU component fails:

Starting test: pluginval / Scan for known types: /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/BFD3.component...

Hi, please try the following:
1. Quit Live
2. Delete the BFD3.component file
3. Clear the AU cache (heading to ~/Library/Caches and deleting the "com.apple.audiounits.cache" file and "AudioUnitCache" folder)
4. Restart your machine
5. Install BFD3 again

If this doesn't resolve things, please reach out to our support team: https://support.roli.com/request

Studiostriver

Postby Studiostriver » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:00 pm

Guys you`re killing me again. I cant update BFD3 on Windows 7 x64 for ages since it always gives me some kind of error message and after that I cant even see dll file in my plugin folder of DAW.
I wrote support tickets 2 times and nothing changes, try fix that please. Its about time.

I have to install older update again. :( Returned to 3.2.3.3. update from 2018.

Lawrence_fx

Postby Lawrence_fx » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:51 pm

Studiostriver wrote:Guys you`re killing me again. I cant update BFD3 on Windows 7 x64 for ages since it always gives me some kind of error message and after that I cant even see dll file in my plugin folder of DAW.
I wrote support tickets 2 times and nothing changes, try fix that please. Its about time.

I have to install older update again. :( Returned to 3.2.3.3. update from 2018.

Hi there, BFD3 v3.2.3.3 was the last update to support Windows 7 - any updates since then require Windows 10 as a minimum operating system version. We're sorry for any inconvenience this has caused, but since Microsoft's support for Windows 7 ended on 14th January 2020, we'll be dedicating all development and support resources to Windows 10 for future updates. You can find more about this here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/hel ... ry-14-2020

plectrumboy

Postby plectrumboy » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:59 pm

Congratulations and thanks to all at Fxpansion - this is working great on my 2018 MacBook Pro and it all seems smoother and snappier. What a great March surprise!

Steve.

kristiab

Postby kristiab » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:13 pm

Lawrence_fx wrote:
kristiab wrote:I installed this last night and can confirm that BFD3 is working perfectly now on my MacBook 16" with Catalina.. almost. In Ableton Live 10 I am able to load the VST and everything works, however I cannot get the AU/component to load.. Ableton Live 10 doesn't show this plugin so I suspect it doesn't pass validation. And yes, I have checked the that .component file is in the correct folder and have tried the tricks on the ableton forum without any luck

Hi, please try the following:
1. Quit Live
2. Delete the BFD3.component file
3. Clear the AU cache (heading to ~/Library/Caches and deleting the "com.apple.audiounits.cache" file and "AudioUnitCache" folder)
4. Restart your machine
5. Install BFD3 again

If this doesn't resolve things, please reach out to our support team: https://support.roli.com/request

I had nothing in the ~/Library/Caches folder as this is a brand new laptop, but it actually worked to rename the old component file and run the installer again... now it works :) Comparing the 2 component files (new and old) and they are the same siz, but for some reason it work nows... oh well, I'm happy :)

dubcotics

Postby dubcotics » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:45 pm

Just installed the update but it crashes , I get the blue screen each time. I'm using Sonic core Xite-1 which has to be loaded before BFD as to use Asio drivers to deal with latency. Win 10 64 bits, 8GB, all data are on separate drive.

purtington

Postby purtington » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:04 pm

dubcotics wrote:Just installed the update but it crashes , I get the blue screen each time. I'm using Sonic core Xite-1 which has to be loaded before BFD as to use Asio drivers to deal with latency. Win 10 64 bits, 8GB, all data are on separate drive.

If you can find any crash logs you should zip them up and attach them here.

Steve

Scan UK 3XS Audio System
ASUS Prime Intel Z390-A
Focusrite Scarlett 4i4
Windows 10

kennymccormack

Postby kennymccormack » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:26 pm

In DP10.11 Mac you have a crash

Working in the drum editor, with BFD open (on the midi map screen, usually), if you hit space to stop and then immediately click on a note in the drum editor - it should sound a voice, but doesn't... BOOOM! Three crash reports sent to MOTU in the last 30 minutes... oh my

UPDATE ten crashes in last two hours... when you're editing and it's playing, causing a voice to sound or stopping suddenly... have used BFD for 15+ years now...

I like the way it sounds, does it run like this in Pro Tools? (I don't think you tested enough DAWs!)

Downgraded to BFD3_3-3-0-43_Update all OK running smoothly.

For some reason the BFD3_3-3-0-43_Update prevents DP10.11 from closing - using AudioUnit components, VST3 is deleted. I reinstalled by removing from Library / Audio / Plug-ins / Components and reinstalling - same issue. It tends to crash a bit in tight edit loops too (I think you have undisposed handles - I noticed some of the spill voices were triggering, with the snare off also - reported to support a month or so ago).

TBH, stability is much more importance, in use than performance. I have plenty of CPU power and RAM, but time is not cheap!
Last edited by kennymccormack on Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

purusha

Postby purusha » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:28 pm

I'm having stability problems on Ableton 10.1.9. One crash and lots of unresponsive GUI instances. Also, the icons for drum pieces sometimes seem to end up in the wrong place - e.g. drum icon for cymbals.Catalina 10.15.4.

Return to “BFD3”