BFD3 v3.3.1.31 Public Beta - Page 3 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

BFD3 v3.3.1.31 Public Beta

Product Support for BFD3

Moderator: Moderators

totpunkt
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:06 pm

Re: BFD3 v3.3.1.31 Public Beta

Postby totpunkt » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:52 pm

I have a Problem with BFD 3.3.1. in Catalina 10.15.1. :roll: :roll:
I used it before in Propellerhead Reason as VST. But now the Core-Library is not found. When is start scanning I get an "ok". But nothing happens. And the Core Library is installed? Many install again? But
i ´m looking for a new UNINSTALLER...but can't find it here? :roll: :roll:

barryjackie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:07 am

Re: BFD3 v3.3.1.31 Public Beta

Postby barryjackie » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:36 pm

Running on DP10.11 (Mac OS Catalina) and am unable to save certain edits in the groove editor. Loaded up a completed song and the dynamics of a couple of articulations have mysteriously been raised; I bump them down again in the editor, save, but when I re-open the track the same thing happens. Have tried saving as a new file - same thing. Have tried saving the edits by overwriting the saved preset, but no luck; when I load the preset the same error is there. I have tested a couple of other edits - removing the snare in a groove, for example - and this does save. So it seems random.

Tried to make changes as standalone - same issue. Make edits, save, reload, and the edits are not saved.

Ideas?
Last edited by barryjackie on Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lawrence_fx
Posts: 570
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:19 pm

Re: BFD3 v3.3.1.31 Public Beta

Postby Lawrence_fx » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:46 am

totpunkt wrote:I have a Problem with BFD 3.3.1. in Catalina 10.15.1. :roll: :roll:
I used it before in Propellerhead Reason as VST. But now the Core-Library is not found. When is start scanning I get an "ok". But nothing happens. And the Core Library is installed? Many install again? But
i ´m looking for a new UNINSTALLER...but can't find it here? :roll: :roll:


Please try moving the BFD3 Core Library folder to a slightly different location (e.g. within Documents rather than Documents/FXpansion), and updating your Content Locations window accordingly. This should allow BFD3 to scan the Core Library successfully. We'll be addressing this issue and few other issues raised in another update soon.

taylerh
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:04 am

Re: BFD3 v3.3.1.31 Public Beta

Postby taylerh » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:30 am

First, thank you for releasing the Catalina update!

However, I'm running into a problem with BFD3 and Logic Pro X (fresh install of both). Specifically, Logic Pro crashes when validating the BFD3 plugin.

I have provided more information below. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

-------

BFD3 v3.3.1.31
Logic Pro X v10.4.8.5182
Mac Catalina v10.15.3 (2019 MBP 16", Core i7, 32GB RAM)

The standalone BFD3 application loads and runs fine (although I had to move the core library to another directory for it to locate the sound files. For some reason, BFD3 is "explicitly excluding" the default install directories).

The BFD3 plugin consistently crashes (segfaults) during Logic Pro validation (Logic Pro Plug-in Manager shows the BFD3 plug-in as v1.80.0).

I have tried clearing the AudioUnit caches, which triggers the plug-in validation when starting Logic Pro, but it crashes here and when manually running the validation (Reset & Rescan Selection).

Last few lines of the Logic Pro plug-in validation log:

Code: Select all

...
Test MIDI
  PASS

* * PASS
--------------------------------------------------

validation result: crashed validation


Part of the error log:

Code: Select all

Process:               auvaltool [8363]
Path:                  /usr/bin/auvaltool
Identifier:            auvaltool
Version:               556.8
Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process:        Logic Pro X [8023]
Responsible:           Logic Pro X [8023]

PlugIn Path:             /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/BFD3.component/Contents/MacOS/BFD3
PlugIn Identifier:       com.FXpansion.BFD3
PlugIn Version:          3.3.1 (3.3.1.31)

Crashed Thread:        0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes:       EXC_I386_GPFLT
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal:    Segmentation fault: 11
Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
Terminating Process:   exc handler [8363]

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0   com.FXpansion.BFD3               0x0000000108c170d5 0x105e24000 + 48181461
1   com.FXpansion.BFD3               0x0000000108ac8fff 0x105e24000 + 46813183
2   com.FXpansion.BFD3               0x0000000108ac654c 0x105e24000 + 46802252
3   com.FXpansion.BFD3               0x0000000108ac62a4 0x105e24000 + 46801572
4   com.FXpansion.BFD3               0x0000000108ac68de 0x105e24000 + 46803166
5   com.FXpansion.BFD3               0x0000000108897932 0x105e24000 + 44513586
6   com.FXpansion.BFD3               0x000000010889889e 0x105e24000 + 44517534
7   com.FXpansion.BFD3               0x0000000106163381 0x105e24000 + 3404673
8   com.FXpansion.BFD3               0x00000001062f5854 0x105e24000 + 5052500
9   com.FXpansion.BFD3               0x0000000108b2e9f2 0x105e24000 + 47229426
10  com.FXpansion.BFD3               0x0000000108b27a34 0x105e24000 + 47200820
11  com.FXpansion.BFD3               0x0000000108b2472e 0x105e24000 + 47187758
12  com.FXpansion.BFD3               0x0000000108b39168 0x105e24000 + 47272296
13  com.FXpansion.BFD3               0x0000000105e9b89c 0x105e24000 + 489628
14  com.FXpansion.BFD3               0x0000000105e9b81b CVST2AUPluginEntry + 11
15  com.apple.CoreServices.CarbonCore   0x00007fff38aff592 CallComponentClose + 36
16  com.apple.CoreServices.CarbonCore   0x00007fff38aff4d0 CloseComponentInternal(ComponentInstanceRecord*) + 98
17  com.apple.CoreServices.CarbonCore   0x00007fff38aff45c CloseComponent + 33
18  com.apple.audio.AudioToolboxCore   0x00007fff4bbf0626 AudioComponentInstanceDispose + 147
19  auvaltool                        0x0000000101c2dd9d 0x101c1c000 + 73117
20  auvaltool                        0x0000000101c2dd56 0x101c1c000 + 73046
21  auvaltool                        0x0000000101c2e224 0x101c1c000 + 74276
22  auvaltool                        0x0000000101c1f060 0x101c1c000 + 12384
23  auvaltool                        0x0000000101c2bdda 0x101c1c000 + 64986
24  auvaltool                        0x0000000101c1d880 0x101c1c000 + 6272
25  auvaltool                        0x0000000101c1cb6d 0x101c1c000 + 2925
26  libdyld.dylib                    0x00007fff6ebd87fd start + 1

Alexanderg
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:19 pm

Re: BFD3 v3.3.1.31 Public Beta

Postby Alexanderg » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:25 am

Hi,

Little issue with this latest version.

Everything works fine but the grooves appear and disappear.
So if i select a library like a proper country djent or any other, the box with the grooves is empty. They will play sequentially if i press PLAY on the library itself but i cannot select the single grooves i want to use.

Clicking around on random libraries will make the grooves appear or disappear at random. The already named proper country djent might sometimes appear but one click or two away and the grooves will disappear again.

This is unfortunately not ideal.

Running Windows 10 x64 latest update and Cubase 9.0

Thank you

triggerthehorizon
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:20 am

Re: BFD3 v3.3.1.31 Public Beta

Postby triggerthehorizon » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:09 pm

Same problem here, I have reported this to FXpansion support wiht screenshots and they have bene able to reproduce the issue

Alexanderg wrote:Hi,

Little issue with this latest version.

Everything works fine but the grooves appear and disappear.
So if i select a library like a proper country djent or any other, the box with the grooves is empty. They will play sequentially if i press PLAY on the library itself but i cannot select the single grooves i want to use.

Clicking around on random libraries will make the grooves appear or disappear at random. The already named proper country djent might sometimes appear but one click or two away and the grooves will disappear again.

This is unfortunately not ideal.

Running Windows 10 x64 latest update and Cubase 9.0

Thank you

Lawrence_fx
Posts: 570
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:19 pm

Re: BFD3 v3.3.1.31 Public Beta

Postby Lawrence_fx » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:22 pm

Hi all, there will be another update soon to address some of the issues that have arisen since the v3.3.1.31 public beta - we'll let you know once this is available.

hartmuthillmann
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:48 pm

Re: BFD3 v3.3.1.31 Public Beta

Postby hartmuthillmann » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:54 pm

Does not work at all here. The Installer gives the message:
"Unable to automatically locate the InstallScript.
This file should normally be located in
CWD/Installer/InstallScript.fis
Please find the file required."
Then I tried to copy the BFD3 files from the MacOSX folder into the respective folders manually.

BFD3.app crashes during start.

Ableton Live crashes when trying to scan the BFD3.vst inside the VST folder.

BTW: a AU/Components file is not included, just the VST file, therefore BFD3 does not show up in Logic X at all.

Lawrence_fx
Posts: 570
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:19 pm

Re: BFD3 v3.3.1.31 Public Beta

Postby Lawrence_fx » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:26 am

hartmuthillmann wrote:Does not work at all here. The Installer gives the message:
"Unable to automatically locate the InstallScript.
This file should normally be located in
CWD/Installer/InstallScript.fis
Please find the file required."
Then I tried to copy the BFD3 files from the MacOSX folder into the respective folders manually.

BFD3.app crashes during start.

Ableton Live crashes when trying to scan the BFD3.vst inside the VST folder.

BTW: a AU/Components file is not included, just the VST file, therefore BFD3 does not show up in Logic X at all.


Hi there, which version of macOS are you installing v3.3.1.31 of BFD3 on? This is an error we'd expect to see with a version of BFD3 that predates macOS 10.12. If you're experiencing this issue with the Mac installer of v3.3.1.31 specifically, please let us know.

hartmuthillmann
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:48 pm

Re: BFD3 v3.3.1.31 Public Beta

Postby hartmuthillmann » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:30 pm

Hi there, which version of macOS are you installing v3.3.1.31 of BFD3 on?

Screenshot 2020-04-07 at 18.28.51.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nabeelnihal
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:59 am

Re: BFD3 v3.3.1.31 Public Beta

Postby nabeelnihal » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:34 pm

Hi

I have downloaded the BFD3 Update but the installer gives me an error where its having a blocked icon and on clicking prompts that installer needs to be udpated.i am using Mac Catalina and only after this message that the update is released, I upgraded my Mac after 5 months since September.Can anyone help me fixing this issue please?

hartmuthillmann
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:48 pm

Re: BFD3 v3.3.1.31 Public Beta

Postby hartmuthillmann » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:49 am

nabeelnihal wrote:Hi

I have downloaded the BFD3 Update but the installer gives me an error where its having a blocked icon and on clicking prompts that installer needs to be udpated.i am using Mac Catalina and only after this message that the update is released, I upgraded my Mac after 5 months since September.Can anyone help me fixing this issue please?


I assume, you are using version 3.3.0.44 which is not Catalina ready because the installer app is 32-bit, I believe.

Lawrence_fx
Posts: 570
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:19 pm

Re: BFD3 v3.3.1.31 Public Beta

Postby Lawrence_fx » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:46 pm

hartmuthillmann wrote:
Hi there, which version of macOS are you installing v3.3.1.31 of BFD3 on?

Screenshot 2020-04-07 at 18.28.51.png


Thanks, this issue should have been resolved for OS versions beyond Sierra, but please try the following steps that should allow you to launch the installer successfully.

- Right-click the installer file and select ‘Show Package Contents
- Go to Contents -> MacOS and double-click the FXpansionInstallSystem file
- Enter your system password and the installer will run successfully

jon83
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat May 12, 2018 9:04 am

Re: BFD3 v3.3.1.31 Public Beta

Postby jon83 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:44 am

Does anyone know if it's possible to install a kit without the actual installer? I've got a few of the drumdrops kits, but their installers don't even open on Catalina, have a no entry sign over them. Emailed Drumdrops to ask if they're updating them and they said they were no longer working with BFD and had no intention of upgrading. Then asked if I could get the Kontact versions of the kits to which they basically told me I was shit out of luck. Feel quite annoyed when I've paid them so much money over the years. I can get into the installers and see the samples and kits, but I don't know how to install these into BFD. Is it possible?

hartmuthillmann
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:48 pm

Re: BFD3 v3.3.1.31 Public Beta

Postby hartmuthillmann » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:05 am

Lawrence_fx wrote:
hartmuthillmann wrote:
Hi there, which version of macOS are you installing v3.3.1.31 of BFD3 on?

Screenshot 2020-04-07 at 18.28.51.png


Thanks, this issue should have been resolved for OS versions beyond Sierra, but please try the following steps that should allow you to launch the installer successfully.

- Right-click the installer file and select ‘Show Package Contents
- Go to Contents -> MacOS and double-click the FXpansionInstallSystem file
- Enter your system password and the installer will run successfully



Thank You so much Lawrence, that worked!!! Within Logic and Live.


Return to “BFD3”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests