Forum

FXpansion Forum

BFD4?

Product Support for BFD3

Moderator: Moderators

dgrm44

BFD4?

Postby dgrm44 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:44 am

Will there be a BFD4? I didn't see anything from FXPANSION out of the last NAMM show? Is FXPANSION still actively developing new products? I hope so. Geist, Strobe, Cypher and of course BFD are all great products. With some updates especially to the UI of BFD and the delivery of the expansions they would be that much better. imho

Mr Arkadin

Re: BFD4?

Postby Mr Arkadin » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:29 am

I doubt it. Development seems all but dead now, just the occasional expansion pack here and there. Dead/spammy forum, an update that caused more problems than it was worth. If you listen carefully you can hear the crickets in this place...
Last edited by Mr Arkadin on Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Drew_BFDTeam

Postby Drew_BFDTeam » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:21 pm

Hey guys,

BFD drew here. The forum has been a pain in the neck for a long time. The problem with updating it (and thus benefiting from extra anti-spam features) is that it is heavily tied into the user accounts and we can't risk breaking everything to update a forum. This has been a long-standing beef and we will address it. Possibly by moving the forum somewhere else and putting this one into read-only mode. What do people think of that?

Product development is still underway. We've got a pipeline of research and prototyping that we are pursuing. The BFD team was sidetracked with ROLI concerns for the last couple of years, but now that we're part of inMusic Brands, we should be able to start making headway with everything we want to do.

We're not dead, and we're not going anywhere.

nstiffel

Postby nstiffel » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:27 pm

Exciting news! Roli didn’t seem to be the right fit. Eager to see what your future brings.

SKoT_FX
Promulgator of Beats

Postby SKoT_FX » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:43 pm

+1 wot drew_fx said. BFD team is super excited by all all possibilities being part of inMusic will bring. Of course, proof is in the public-release-pudding, so it's back to the compiler to refire the engines once again.
SKoT McDonald
CTO FXpansion]

Mr Arkadin

Postby Mr Arkadin » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:45 am

I really don't see this as good news, sorry.

Nothing I've seen about InMusic impresses me, just a company that buys other labels and then does nothing with them. AIR has some OK software. Is it updated? Does it have a following? And it's often discounted to $1 (which is how I got them). Akai have not faired well either with some crummy products (remember the Timbre Wolf debacle? Lots of knobs that seemed to do nothing to alter the sound?)

None of this bodes well to be honest. ROLI were awful I'm not holding my breath on InMusic being any better.

fredmant

Postby fredmant » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:51 am

I never saw any evidence that Roli had the business acumen to properly exploit FXpansion. I’m glad someone else has acquired the only FXPansion product I depend on, BFD3. I hope In Music will invest in BFD4 as Superior Drummer 3 seems to have easily stolen the spotlight. BFD has a fantastic engine, but it needs much more in the way of samples and grooves and a better groove editor and sample/groove librarian. The list goes on…

dgrm44

Postby dgrm44 » Sat May 09, 2020 9:39 pm

Drew_fx wrote: We've got a pipeline of research and prototyping that we are pursuing. The BFD team was sidetracked with ROLI concerns for the last couple of years, but now that we're part of inMusic Brands, we should be able to start making headway with everything we want to do.

So FxPansion and all their products are now part of InMusic Brands? I know the new Akai MPC Live series and software is really good. If you guys start putting out more great products its exciting news indeed!

Drew_BFDTeam

Postby Drew_BFDTeam » Wed May 13, 2020 8:29 am

dgrm44 wrote:
Drew_fx wrote: We've got a pipeline of research and prototyping that we are pursuing. The BFD team was sidetracked with ROLI concerns for the last couple of years, but now that we're part of inMusic Brands, we should be able to start making headway with everything we want to do.

So FxPansion and all their products are now part of InMusic Brands? I know the new Akai MPC Live series and software is really good. If you guys start putting out more great products its exciting news indeed!

Not quite. It's not the whole of FXpansion. Just BFD and the BFD team. The rest of FX is still with ROLI.

Funnily enough I was playing around with an MPC Live a few months before I even knew about the sale, and I was very impressed!

rosindabow

Postby rosindabow » Thu May 14, 2020 9:02 pm

Sorry to jump in here - but I am trying to get support and the fxpansion web site directed me to Roli and now I'm reading here that BFD is no longer part of Roli? I cannot get my BFD3 to work - how can I reach out to someone who actually can help me? Btw, I posted in the forum ... Once again, just don't know where to turn for help.

Drew_BFDTeam

Postby Drew_BFDTeam » Fri May 15, 2020 10:34 pm

rosindabow wrote:Sorry to jump in here - but I am trying to get support and the fxpansion web site directed me to Roli and now I'm reading here that BFD is no longer part of Roli? I cannot get my BFD3 to work - how can I reach out to someone who actually can help me? Btw, I posted in the forum ... Once again, just don't know where to turn for help.

I've sent you a private message.

Return to “BFD3”