Geist hardware controller maps - Page 5 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Geist hardware controller maps

Support for Geist

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Moderators

shugmonkey

Postby shugmonkey » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:30 pm

Hi Folks,

I'm pretty new to Geist. I have recently got my hands on a Maschine Mikro. I've downloaded the templates. But for the love of god I can't find a way to import the Maschine_Mikro_Geist_Mappings.geistbinding into Geist.

Can anyone suggest how I go about this please?

Thanks for your time.

knobsmcgee

Postby knobsmcgee » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:29 pm

click on load (bottom right), load mappings
locate your Mashine mapping file and select it.

malcolmbarr

Trigger finger mapping please!

Postby malcolmbarr » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:55 pm

I didn't even bother checking - I just assumed Geist would be controllable from the trigger finger device, and much to my disappointment I stumble upon this thread where it appears a request for this has been outstanding for a couple of years. That will teach me.

Is there any prospect at all of a mapping which allows the pads from the trigger finger device to be used?

iiuuii

broken maschine mappings

Postby iiuuii » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:45 pm

There are some problems with the Maschine map that's being provided here. At least with Maschine 1.

- controller pages for mute, solo, pan are being sent to the focused pad instead of the designated pads. The Geist mapping page needs to have each of these mappings changed to focus 'off'
- the toggle needs two hits to work instead of one. The NI Controller Editor needs to have each of these mappings changed to 'trigger'
- the pad reverse mapping doesn't work

This is going to waste a lot of users time fixing these mappings themselves, so FXpansion it'd be great if you could fix these.

BuleriaChk

Postby BuleriaChk » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:48 am

Yes, I have Maschine Mk2, and am trying to use it to trigger the pads in Geist standalone. It only seems to trigger the engines for pattern play. I have tried to use the templates in Maschine with Geist as a VST, which doesn't work at all. I don't know if this is a limitation of Geist or of Maschine, but they certainly ought to play well with each other....

iiuuii

Postby iiuuii » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:09 am

Here's a separate thread post on why these Maschine mappings are completely hopeless within Ableton Live, and for me at least, partly broken even in standalone mode.

http://www.fxpansion.com/forum/viewtopi ... 7961#87961

please read before you try to get this to work, and save yourself a lot of wasted time.

misterlazy

Postby misterlazy » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:58 pm

hi ! Do you plan to release a map to use Geist with the new MPC series (Element, Ren, Studio)?

Thanks!

schmidi

Postby schmidi » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:38 pm

A QuNeo template that I just made: https://app.box.com/s/55mjriwh48ttzwvs4epw

f.friction

Geist+Live+Mpc Ren

Postby f.friction » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:15 pm

Here Is a link to a template that was made combining Ableton Live 9 + Mpc Ren and Geist..
I call it GeistLive..
check it out.

Made some videos to show you how it works..
Thanks..
http://lablifepro.com/draft-videos-from-vimeo/

http://lablifepro.com/geist-live-template/

Bluntis2Slice

Triggerfinger Pro Mapping

Postby Bluntis2Slice » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:00 pm

Hi Folks,

I write this due to requests for TFP Mappings!

Cmon its just about 10min to map all the controlls to Geist.
Therefore (just and only) I thought its better to do it by yourself.
Seriously, you aren't able to map TFP or other Gear to Geist? I can not imagine you're able
to produce a simple kick if you dont!

BTW:
a.TFP only have 4 Engines with 4Knobs, 4 Faders, 4 Buttons @ 16Pads each
b.TFP DAW Controlls only supporting HUI and MACKIE
---> so you are limited to that facts!

Cheers

FluxMachina

Postby FluxMachina » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:45 am

Ahah, I didn't know this thread existed.
Bluntis2Slice I second what you said about the TFP. Nothing wrong with showing people how to do it but it's still something you need to do yourself as everyone's needs are different. Learn the rules to break the rules in a conscious and controlled way.
f.friction, nice videos! I like your cool tone, it makes it really easy to follow along. The Ren looks like an awesome controller for Geist and kind of wish there was a midi only version. They got it right with all those Q controls. It would have been nice to see you set up the Ren yourself and talk through the decision making process. You know, go full on geek with it. :)

Here's my 2 pennies:
2 videos covering TFP settings
- first video changing pad colours, notes and pad banks
- second video mapping the controllers (at this point I was fed-up with Maudio's lack of support so its pretty basic).

1 device panel mapping for Bitwig inc.:
- Geist bindings file
- Geist Bitwig preset (hopefully the host mappings keep)
- Bitwig Auto Mappings folder for Geist (this is a bit messy at the moment - not sure if it will carry over)

http://www.fxpansion.com/forum/viewtopi ... 8174#98174

arileff

Postby arileff » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:39 am

I'm having trouble figuring out how to map Maschine MK2 to Geist. The .ncc file included in the "Geist Controller Maps" appears to be for the original Maschine and Controller Editor will not let me use this mapping with my MK2.

Has anyone adapted a mapping for the MK2?

mv_760

Re: Geist hardware controller maps

Postby mv_760 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:06 pm

Hey Guys,

I'm really struggling with getting Geist to recognize the Maschine MK2 controller. After loading the .ncc file in the Maschine Controller Editor software, the Geist template is not available for the Maschine MK2. If I change my selected controller to Maschine (without the MK2 designation) the Geist template is available but it doesn't work with the MK2 controller.

Loading the Maschine Geist preset seems to work ok, there are mappings listed under the Mapping section, but again pressing buttons on the controller doesn't the software.

If anyone can steer my in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Jwiering

Postby Jwiering » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:14 pm

Hello all!

I have a question directly related to using Geist with a hardware controller and the possibilities within the mapping. I've looked all over the last couple of days but couldn't find an answer to my question. Already asked it here some place else, but no replies unfortunately. Hope you all can help me out.

I used to be a heavy Guru and lateron Geist user, till I decided to go with an all hardware setup. So I've bought a MPC5000, which is nice but it doesn't cut it. I do a lot of live performances with it. To be able to quickly skip between tracks and load up a lot of beats and samples is not working out nicely. SO I'm going hybrid now again, at least considering. Hybrid meaning: DAW (with Geist) + analog gear.

Geist would be controlled with a hardware controller of course. The thing that is holding be back is that I can't find anything about the possibility of a: mute pad mode. With the MPC you can mute/unmute pads on the fly when entering TRACK/PAD MUTE MODE.. also in this same mode I can switch between tracks and this way I can do a whole liveset full of different beats, muting and unmuting my way through the pads and tracks, tying everything together beat-wise.

Is there a way with Geist+hardware controller to do this? The only thing I can find is: engine mute mode. But that is not what I'm looking for it is specifically about: muting pads within an engine and being able to switch between engines, doing the pad-mute-on-the-fly thing. :?:

I have already thought about a solution if this isn't possible: making different patterns in the same engine (one with kick off | one with open hihats on | one with open and closed hihats | one with everything one | one with just the kick) and then switching around these during a live performance. For example the Akai MPD232 can be nice for this using the smaller sequence knobs. The question I have regarding this 'plan B' is: it it possible to switch between engines and the buttons dedicated to the patterns automatically change to the patterns for the selected engine? So I can switch back and for between engines building up or building down the patterns (engine 1: only kick left > engine 2: hihat pattern > engine 1: kick off > engine 2: kick on)?

Whew, a big story. As you can see I'm on a quest. I would really like to get rid of the big, heavy and lumpy MPC5000 to get back to lightning fast Geisting again. Hope you can help me out!

Thanks a lót in advance :D

lezasmith

Postby lezasmith » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:34 am

Hello

fxpansion provides controller maps for maschine and the akai mpd 32 for use with geist.

Return to “Geist”