FXpansion Forum

BOMB drums missing (+solved)

Product Support for BFD3

Moderator: Moderators

ewogust

BOMB drums missing (+solved)

Postby ewogust » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:26 am

Hello,
the BFD2 -> BFD3 upgrade went well, but finally the BOMB extension audio is missing. The Presets show up in the preset's list and the BOMB Kits are visible. But selecting the 'BOMB Marching Beats' for example ends up in missing Drums, no sound.
The BFD3 content location tool shows the BOMB IMO correctly.
I'm running BFD3 on a Windows 7 64bit, 16GB RAM. The BFD samples reside on an SSD and I re-ran the content finder already several times.

Cheers,
Tom

Last edited by ewogust on Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

SKoT_FX
Promulgator of Beats

Postby SKoT_FX » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:17 am

Have you ticked the BOMB data path to be "active" in the Content Manager panel?

The BOMB presets and kits will show up regardless because all presets were stored in the common BFD2/System folder...
SKoT McDonald
CTO FXpansion]

ewogust

Postby ewogust » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:55 am

SKoT_FX wrote:Have you ticked the BOMB data path to be "active" in the Content Manager panel?

The BOMB presets and kits will show up regardless because all presets were stored in the common BFD2/System folder...

I cannot add a dedicated BOMB data folder to the list of BFD3 content since the BOMB data path is a subfolder of an already existing list member.

The BOMB data resides in 'M:\FXpansion\BFD2\Data', and 'M:\FXpansion\BFD2' is already on the list.

Drew_BFDTeam

Postby Drew_BFDTeam » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:58 am

AFAIK, you cannot have a 'data' directory as well as an 'audio' directory. Trying moving the DATA folder outside of the BFD2 path and into its own folder next to it - so...

M:\FXpansion\BFD2\Audio
M:\FXpansion\BOMB\Data

Platinum Samples

Postby Platinum Samples » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:21 am

The BFD2 and BFD3 sample folders must only have 2 folders inside it

/Audio

and

/Grooves

All the other folders belong to BFD1 data.

You cannot have both mixed together

Rail

ewogust

Postby ewogust » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:01 am

geeeee, I'm afraid, I lost that battle... the BFD3 looks fine, but the BFD2 folder looks messy - it holds in total 9 subfolders (Audio, Data, Fills, Grooves, KeyMaps, Kits, Mixers, Programs, SwingTemplates) and the BFD2_Deluxe directory owns only one lonesome Audio folder.
I'll go for Drew_fx' idea first before thinking about reinstallation... scary thought...

Platinum Samples

Postby Platinum Samples » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:31 am

ewogust wrote:geeeee, I'm afraid, I lost that battle... the BFD3 looks fine, but the BFD2 folder looks messy - it holds in total 9 subfolders (Audio, Data, Fills, Grooves, KeyMaps, Kits, Mixers, Programs, SwingTemplates) and the BFD2_Deluxe directory owns only one lonesome Audio folder.
I'll go for Drew_fx' idea first before thinking about reinstallation... scary thought...

All you have to do is create a new folder named anything...

x:\TheSamples

and move the Audio folder into there

then add the new folder as a data path as well.

Read this for info about installing BFD1 data for BFD2/3

Rail

ewogust

Postby ewogust » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:58 am

Yes, that's what I did.
Here's what I have:

All folders previously containing BOMB (and 8 Bit Kit) content moved into a separate folder ('BOMB')

Then I reset and rescanned all paths to rebuild the content library:

And the result is still the same... no OMB in the drum selector (neverthless 8bk shows up there) and hence loading a BOMB kit fails miserably.

gkuly

Postby gkuly » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:00 am

Platinum Samples wrote:
ewogust wrote:geeeee, I'm afraid, I lost that battle... the BFD3 looks fine, but the BFD2 folder looks messy - it holds in total 9 subfolders (Audio, Data, Fills, Grooves, KeyMaps, Kits, Mixers, Programs, SwingTemplates) and the BFD2_Deluxe directory owns only one lonesome Audio folder.

All you have to do is create a new folder named anything...

x:\TheSamples

and move the Audio folder into there

then add the new folder as a data path as well.

Read this for info about installing BFD1 data for BFD2/3

Rail

I had no idea that BFD stuff should be set up this way, and this probably explains why I've gotten what I thought were bugs, such as BFD2 audio content not being scanned successfully until I moved it into my BFD3 samples folder.

I wanted to get as much content as possible off of my C:\ drive (a relatively small SSD), so I shoved presets, kits, mixers, etc. into my BFD2 samples folder. I think I've broken just about every "don't do" on that Platinum Samples instruction sheet linked above.

BFD3 factory presets, kits, etc. by default are installed in C:/program data/FXpansion/BFD3/....

Is BFD2 suppose to have a similar setup inside C:/program data/....?

Regards
Glenn
“The only thing to do with good advice is pass it on. It is never any use to oneself.” – Oscar Wilde

Platinum Samples

Postby Platinum Samples » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:00 am

In the BOMB folder there MUST NOT be an \Audio folder

You need to move that to another folder...

Create another folder named BOMB2 and MOVE (not copy) the BOMB\Audio folder into there

Rail
Last edited by Platinum Samples on Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Drew_BFDTeam

Postby Drew_BFDTeam » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:00 am

Can you show us what is inside BOMB's Audio and Data folder???

Platinum Samples

Postby Platinum Samples » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:03 am

gkuly wrote:Is BFD2 suppose to have a similar setup inside C:/program data/....?

BFD2 and BFD3 are the same...

They should only have

x:\YourFolderName\Audio

and

x:\YourFolderName\Grooves

folders

never anything else.

Never name the folder BFD which may confuse BFD2 and BFD3 into thinking it's a BFD1 data root folder.

BFD3 factory presets, kits, etc. by default are installed in C:/program data/FXpansion/BFD3/....

Is BFD2 suppose to have a similar setup inside C:/program data/....?

Yes.

Rail

ewogust

Postby ewogust » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:49 am

These last hints did the trick...
The 8BK and BOMB installers messed up the BFD2 installation in a way that BFD2 still worked nicely, but BFD3 couldn't see the audio files.
Here's a screenshot of the BOMB installer, "If you use BFD2, choose your BFD2 folder" that's slightly misleading, isn't it? At least I got it wrong and installed the extension library files into the BFD2 folder.
Nevermind, it's working now.

Many thanks for all your help,
Tom

Return to “BFD3”