import of BFD2 preset: BFD3 tom resonance switched on for tom drums... should it be like that? [BR: 0011652] - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

import of BFD2 preset: BFD3 tom resonance switched on for tom drums... should it be like that? [BR: 0011652]

Product Support for BFD3

Moderator: Moderators

rak

import of BFD2 preset: BFD3 tom resonance switched on for tom drums... should it be like that? [BR: 0011652]

Postby rak » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:01 am

Hi fxpansion,

I hope you'll find it rather helpful just mentioning everything that made me wonder if it's supposed to be like that...

I noticed upon import of my BFD2 preset: BFD3 tom resonance switched is on for all tom drums... should it be like that?

The cymbal swellling setting to On upon BFD preset import seems to have already been fixed, right?

thanks and regards,Rak

SKoT_FX
Promulgator of Beats

Postby SKoT_FX » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:07 am

Hi Rak, keep it coming, it's important to us to cross all our t's and dot our i's. (Tho perhaps we should get your reports all in one thread, so other people looking for help don't get swamped by all your good work!)

Tom res and cym swell should be off on a BFD2 *preset* import, yes.
SKoT McDonald
CTO FXpansion]

SKoT_FX
Promulgator of Beats

Postby SKoT_FX » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:01 am

Just tried to repro by creating a BFD2 preset with 3 BFD2 DW Toms - no luck. You may need to submit your BFD2 preset...
SKoT McDonald

CTO FXpansion]

rak

Postby rak » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:08 am

thanks for checking.

While we're at it: Another BFD2 import question:

My original BFD2 preset has Global Humanize to off/ 0%
That should mean randomization settings for articulations/kitpieces will not be considered.
Now when importing that preset to BFD3: Unlike Global Tune and Dynamics- which get translated correctly- the Global Loud and Tone parameter reads 50%...
Should those two replacement parameters not be translated accordingly... i.e in this case to 0% to have that aspect identical to the original BFD2 preset?

Thanks, rak

rak

Postby rak » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:22 am

SKoT_FX wrote:Just tried to repro by creating a BFD2 preset with 3 BFD2 DW Toms - no luck. You may need to submit your BFD2 preset...

Did another test just now...and this might be the underlying problem:
If you have a Kit in BFD3 loaded and it has Tom resonance activated (e.g. for tom drums) and then you import (no filters/ load everything) another BFD2 preset... then this imported preset has Tom Resonance still activated... though it shouldn't.
So to me it seems that the slots don't get properly cleared or reseted automatically before importing/loadinga new preset (maybe this is only faulty for importing BFD2 presets) .

Is this reproducible?

regards,rak

Drew_BFDTeam

Postby Drew_BFDTeam » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:24 am

Hmm. Okay, be clear - are you in the PRESET tab or the KIT tab in the browser.

If you're in the KIT tab and you have reset slots, mixer, tweaks DISABLED... then the behaviour you're seeing is expected.

rak

Postby rak » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:27 am

Drew_fx wrote:Hmm. Okay, be clear - are you in the PRESET tab or the KIT tab in the browser.

If you're in the KIT tab and you have reset slots, mixer, tweaks DISABLED... then the behaviour you're seeing is expected.

Hi,
Yes, in Kit mode with reset (edit) DISABLED this would be normal.
But I'm in the PRESET Tab....load preset from file via menu.

regards,rak
Last edited by rak on Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

rak

Postby rak » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:51 am

rak wrote:thanks for checking.

While we're at it: Another BFD2 import question:

My original BFD2 preset has Global Humanize to off/ 0%
That should mean randomization settings for articulations/kitpieces will not be considered.
Now when importing that preset to BFD3: Unlike Global Tune and Dynamics- which get translated correctly- the Global Loud and Tone parameter reads 50%...
Should those two replacement parameters not be translated accordingly... i.e in this case to 0% to have that aspect identical to the original BFD2 preset?

Thanks, rak

Another parameter that doesn't seem to get considered upon importing BFD2 presets is 'Vel Rnd' for articulation which should have an 'equivalent' in the new Variance setting (though it also incorparates 'Tone Randomization').
I could imagine-(wouldn't it make sense?)- that Variance should take over the original 'Vel Rnd' value of imported BFD2 preset.... but it doesn't apparently, right?

regards,rak

Return to “BFD3”