'mixer in own thread' option only available with some profiles [BR: 0011650] - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

'mixer in own thread' option only available with some profiles [BR: 0011650]

Product Support for BFD3

Moderator: Moderators

rak

'mixer in own thread' option only available with some profiles [BR: 0011650]

Postby rak » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:47 am

Hi fxpansion team,

I noticed that 'mixer in own thread' option is only available with some profiles. Should it be like that or is that a bug?

see GIF

regards,Rak
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SKoT_FX
Promulgator of Beats

Postby SKoT_FX » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:52 am

Infact that is an in-house development option that I meant to hide. It is disabled in release anyway.

Pretend you saw nothing there.
SKoT McDonald
CTO FXpansion]

rak

Postby rak » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:07 am

Hi,

I don't really understand: 'mixer in own thread' has been in BFD2 already. What is an in-house development? And what has been disabled in current release here? Do you mean it doesn't matter if I tck/switch on 'mixer in own thread' and you mean to get rid of that parameter in general?

thanks,rak

SKoT_FX
Promulgator of Beats

Postby SKoT_FX » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:26 am

It was never enabled in BFD2.x release builds either: it was one of those things that were always supposed to be hidden in release builds. It made it through again, doh!

The original inhouse development of this feature (in 2007) added an audio block of latency to separate the synthesis and mixing CPU loads across two cores. Our current experiments are somewhat bolder (and without the latency), but not yet ready for prime time. We'll bed down this first release, and then start getting funkier down the track.
SKoT McDonald

CTO FXpansion]

rak

Postby rak » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:39 am

ok, thanks.

fyi it is also mentioned and explained the manual of BFD2 and BFD3 I think.
So maybe that parameter description had better be taken out of the manual as well...

regards,rak

Return to “BFD3”