Goodbye BFD2 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Goodbye BFD2

Product Support for BFD3

Moderator: Moderators

guitardom

Postby guitardom » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:25 pm

WOW, are these "98" songs all in progress??? I would just render the finished ones down to audio and save the keymap/preset in the session file with the midi!!! Swapping that many songs would be a LONG time :shock: :lol:

guitardom

Postby guitardom » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:45 pm

purtington wrote:
guitardom wrote:WOW, are these "98" songs all in progress??? I would just render the finished ones down to audio and save the keymap/preset in the session file with the midi!!! Swapping that many songs would be a LONG time :shock: :lol:

I just checked again and in reality it's more like 67 songs with different versions of some of the same songs which brings it to around 98. Quite a few of them are finished and have been rendered and are up on line but being the perfectionist that I am
none of them are ever really finished.

It's one of those double edged sword, equally cursed as much as blessed type things. I realised some time ago that being able to create and produce your own music was great on the one hand but when I was in bands, you'd go in to a studio and record your stuff and that was that. If you weren't happy with it tough. These days I'm eternally tinkering and changing things because I can.

Steve

67-98, either way thats still a lot of songs to attempt to convert!!!!! :)

I have never been one to go back after something is finished and attempt to rewrite or re arrange. I enjoy finishing and moving on to the next battle!!! :twisted: I am usually to sick of it after its finished!

I really am enjoying 3 though. The workflow is just so much faster to me. :)

SKoT_FX
Promulgator of Beats

Postby SKoT_FX » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:59 am

Yes: BFD2 sounds will become available as an expansion pack as soon as we can get some breathing time.
SKoT McDonald
CTO FXpansion]

gkuly

Re: Goodbye BFD2

Postby gkuly » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:30 pm

purtington wrote:I was about to advise someone on the sonar site that it's still worth upgrading from BFD Eco via BFD2 as you get all 10 of those lovely kits so I went and checked the upgrade price and discovered that BFD2 in no more.
It's gone, kaput, finished and done with.

Steve

I was looking at a certain music shop website earlier today, and I noticed that not only is BFD2 still available, but it can be bought at a decent price.

I didn't do the math to see whether this plus the BFD3 upgrade is less expensive than buying -3 straight up for someone just getting into BFD, and I'm not naming names unless someone from FXP tells me it's cool to do so.

Regards
Glenn
“The only thing to do with good advice is pass it on. It is never any use to oneself.” – Oscar Wilde

BGD_John

Postby BGD_John » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:48 pm

just a small hint

the YHG Expansion which are BFD Cocktail would not work if you own only BFD3 , because this Expansion needs to be installed in the BFD2 Audio Folder , and the Kits and Presets needs and loads the HiHat , Crash , Splash and Ride from the BFD2 Content !

so as i said this one would not work if you own only BFD3 !

gkuly

Postby gkuly » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:59 pm

BGD_John wrote:just a small hint

the YHG Expansion which are BFD Cocktail would not work if you own only BFD3 , because this Expansion needs to be installed in the BFD2 Audio Folder , and the Kits and Presets needs and loads the HiHat , Crash , Splash and Ride from the BFD2 Content !

so as i said this one would not work if you own only BFD3 !

Why wouldn't this expansion work in BFD3 if someone just created an X:/FXPansion/BFD2/Audio folder, and put the content there.

For that matter, I've put all my expansions into the BFD3/Audio folder, and this is working just fine, even though it's not the recommended setup.

Regards
Glenn
“The only thing to do with good advice is pass it on. It is never any use to oneself.” – Oscar Wilde

BGD_John

Postby BGD_John » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:22 pm

you probably didn´t understand what i have tried to say , as the BFD Cocktail Expansion loads BFD2 Content

and if you own only BFD3 (without owning BFD2) it would not work as the Content Structure on BFD3 are different than BFD2

jord

Postby jord » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:53 pm

This is not true. It will work in BFD3 with no issues even if you do not own BFD2. Glen is correct in that you would simply need to create a folder for your BFD2 and install your content there. Once installed, add it to BFD3's content path search for scanning and conversion.

The main difference, other than more channels and the compressed format currently exclusive to the BFD3 Core Library, is the addition of an XML file that BFD3 uses. BFD3 recognizes early content structure formats, such as BFD (which is where my DLX, JNF, and AFJ libraries are located).

jord
Real guitar heroes play real guitars

BGD_John

Postby BGD_John » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:38 pm

jord , i have tried this , i meant BFD Cocktail Expansion and not in general !

BFD Cocktail Expansion Presets and Kits loads the Cymbals , Hihat , Crash , Splash and Ride from the BFD2 Content !

(Cocktail Expansion are the only one Expansion which loads it from BFD2 Content what i have said above)

and in this case how it would work than if you only own BFD3 and not BFD2 ?

from where will the Cocktail Kits and Presets than find the Content and Samples without the BFD2 Content ?

all other expansions i own works for sure without owning BFD2 because it comes with its own Content !

now you know what i have tried to say ?

jord

Postby jord » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:12 pm

That shouldn't preclude you from using the content in Cocktail. The presets should still load with those kit pieces missing, and you can sub in a different set of cymbals. You can then save your own presets from it. The drums are the main part of that expansion pack. The BFD2 cymbals should not be deterrent to using this pack.

jord
Real guitar heroes play real guitars

Return to “BFD3”