Hanging notes - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Hanging notes

Support for DCAM: Synth Squad

Moderators: Drew_fx, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Moderators

Breg

Hanging notes

Postby Breg » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:33 pm

I don't know why but I'm getting quite a few hanging notes especially in Amber.
PD Lo Duality - hanging E
PD Logans Run - hanging E
PD Majesty - hanging E
And many many more sometimes very softly in the background, and sometimes very loud.

At first I suspected my low quality keyboard controller (Korg mini 24). Then my USB and now my computer.
What can be causing this?

Using Tascam US200 Audio interface for output, 16 gigs of ram, i7-4770k cpu @ 3.5 gigahz 4 cores... 64 bit in DAW and stand alone shell.
Thank you,
Bob

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:46 pm

Latest version of Synth Squad..?

Can you see the notes hanging on the synth's onscreen keyboard, or just audibly?

Any chance you can get us a video capture of that?
-- Angus F. Hewlett - CEO - FXpansion --
Twitter | YouTube
Synth Squad | BFD Eco

Breg

Postby Breg » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:19 pm

Angus_FX wrote:... onscreen keyboard, or just audibly?...

Just audibly. ... but if I ever see em hanging round the windows or any furniture, I'm taking a vacation.
I have not noticed any stuck key graphics.

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:05 am

OK, in that case an audio capture will suffice.

Twitter | YouTube

Synth Squad | BFD Eco

Breg

Postby Breg » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:41 am

I tried to duplicate the hang in my DAW but was not able so I tried in the stand alone and I got the hang pretty quick while browsing through the presets. This time it was a different patch (can't remember which) and I tried the patches above and below (they were fine) and then switch back to problem patch and the hang resumed same as for the others mention in my first post.
I recorded it but I can't seem to attach that file even thought it's only about 530kb mp3. ??
Attachments
Hang1.zip
(438.01 KiB) Downloaded 27 times
Last edited by Breg on Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Breg

Postby Breg » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:48 am

I sorry to report that I'm also having trouble resizing the GUI in my DAW. I have the synths set to 1.5 scale but nothing lines up and sometimes are worse than others.

Breg

Postby Breg » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:51 am

Another problem is that when I try to use the transmod system the menus are covering each other and so setting up a source and modifier are difficult. Is there a work around?
Scaling up to 1.5 makes it much easier to see but then all the graphics are off. Is this common?

I still have problems with the hanging notes.

My lock scope does not work.
Trying to figure how to use the transmod system without a tutorial. I know that sounds lame but I swear, my eyes glaze over trying to read and understand the DCAM manual. I also can't figure out how to use the Monomod oscillators. Are there any tutorials the show how the operation of the Transmod system and the Monomod oscillators? Are there going to be more updates?

---
Bump??

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:40 am

Pls confirm which version of Synth Squad you have installed.

GUI Scaling was always an experimental feature. We know it doesn't work well in certain situations (better in some hosts than others). Better sticking to 1.0x scaling.

Hanging notes. Can you try with other MIDI controllers?

Transmod is covered in the first tutorial here but bear in mind that the videos do not cover everything. If you want to really know transmod, the manual is essential. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 4B074EC7C5

Breg

Postby Breg » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:54 pm

Thank you very much for responding.

I have version 1.2.0.20. I think it's the latest version available. Sticking with 1.0 scaling is difficult because I have... gee I don't know a nice way to put this... I have a modern computer with a standard resolution of 1920 x 1080. The fxpansion programing set to old monitor styles is tiny, very hard to read and adjust.

I have been getting the same note hanging with other controllers...Fishman Tripleplay, Acorn Masterkey 49, and 25, and even software keyboard in the Reaper DAW. The problem does seem to crop up more often in Amber than the other synths. I haven't noticed it yet with my other software synths.

Rory_FX wrote:...Transmod is covered in the first tutorial here but bear in mind that the videos do not cover everything. If you want to really know transmod, the manual is essential. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 4B074EC7C5

I'm sorry but I'm just not seeing it in the manual. I have the pdf called the DCAM Synth Squad Operation Manual which is very skimpy on the areas I need to know about. There simply isn't enough documentation covering the operation of the Transmod system and the Monomod oscillators that I can see. Is there another manual that I'm missing?

Are there going to be any updated releases in the future that will address these issues?
Thank you.
Bob

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:09 am

You need to restart your host after changing the UI scaling - then it will work correctly. Unloading and reloading the plug-in is not enough - you need to restart the host.

Twitter | YouTube

Synth Squad | BFD Eco

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:37 am

Transmod is covered in depth in Chapter 7 of the manual and Monomod is covered in section 8:4. The Monomod page gives you 4 global LFOs and Envelopes (modulation sources, not audio oscillators) which you can use anywhere transmod is available in Fusor. If you've any specific questions on the operation, ask away :)

Breg

Postby Breg » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:37 pm

Angus_FX wrote:You need to restart your host after changing the UI scaling - then it will work correctly. Unloading and reloading the plug-in is not enough - you need to restart the host.

Thanks Angus it works much better but still some small issues with the drop-down menus covering each other.

Updated info:
Attachments
submenufail.jpg
The submenu is misplaced and often covers a parameter making it unavailable for tweaking.
submenufail.jpg (18.77 KiB) Viewed 1536 times
menufail-3.jpg
The menu is cut off so items are not available.
menufail-3.jpg (117.58 KiB) Viewed 1536 times
menufail-4.jpg
The parent dropdown menu is no longer available at this point.
menufail-4.jpg (114.82 KiB) Viewed 1536 times
Last edited by Breg on Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Breg

Postby Breg » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:23 pm

Rory_FX wrote:... If you've any specific questions on the operation, ask away :)

I'm trying to understand the manual but, yea... it's embarrassing to say, I'm still way too confused at this point for specifics other than what I already asked. If only there were some application examples to accompany the descriptions of synth parts. Perchance the authors assumed the vendee would be cognizant of all pertinent vernacular employed and therefore superfluous examples were abandoned. :-)

I gotsta find me a synth dictionary afore I labor over dis unfriendly manual.
I all seriousness, thank you for the offer and I hope to be able to ask an intelligent question soon.

P.S. I did find one helpful source of information so I'll share that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KdXRjN ... 64b8gmVdvc

-
Update:
Been reading ... and still struggling to understand the presentation of information. Accidentally discovering some wonderful tones but wish I had a clearer and faster track so I could understand how to do it again. These synths sound so good and especially together in Fusor!

-
Last edited by Breg on Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vespesian

Postby vespesian » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:47 pm

Are the notes actually hanging? Amber is capable of extremely long release times, esp. with "sustain" enabled.

Breg

Postby Breg » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:21 pm

vespesian wrote:Are the notes actually hanging? Amber is capable of extremely long release times, esp. with "sustain" enabled.

Yes, they hang.
I'm finding it usually comes while in the browse mode.

Return to “DCAM: Synth Squad”