Alesis DM10 module MIDI mapping for BFD3 - Page 2 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Alesis DM10 module MIDI mapping for BFD3

Product Support for BFD3

Moderator: Moderators

muso80

Postby muso80 » Fri May 08, 2015 3:40 am

Apologies for reviving a old thread, but just tried to download a copy of davecmcgrath's DM10 MIDI key map for BFD2 (as I'm having no end of trouble with mine), and I'm directed to a page that tells me "Sorry but you are not authorized to view or download this Attachment".

Is there any way I can download this key map? I'm in dire need. :(

Thanks in advance.

purtington

Postby purtington » Fri May 08, 2015 9:32 am

muso80 wrote:Apologies for reviving a old thread, but just tried to download a copy of davecmcgrath's DM10 MIDI key map for BFD2 (as I'm having no end of trouble with mine), and I'm directed to a page that tells me "Sorry but you are not authorized to view or download this Attachment".

Thanks in advance.

Strange, I'm able to download it, I would normally ask to make sure you're logged in but you wouldn't be able to post the above message if you weren't.

I just downloaded it and uploaded it to my mediafire account so try this link

http://www.mediafire.com/download/uqtfslnl9cnb8bz/ALESIS_DM10.bfd2map.zip

Steve
https://soundcloud.com/steve-corr

Scan UK 3XS Audio System
ASUS Prime Intel Z390-A
intel i9 10th gen 900k 3.7GHz
32GB Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX 2666MHz
5000GB SSD PM981 M.2 PCIe (OS)
500GB SSD drive for BFD Samples
Focusrite Scarlett 4i4
Windows 10

davecmcgrath

Postby davecmcgrath » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:36 pm

I've just bought BFD3 and here is my latest DM10 key map, hope it's useful

purtington wrote:
muso80 wrote:Apologies for reviving a old thread, but just tried to download a copy of davecmcgrath's DM10 MIDI key map for BFD2 (as I'm having no end of trouble with mine), and I'm directed to a page that tells me "Sorry but you are not authorized to view or download this Attachment".

Thanks in advance.

Strange, I'm able to download it, I would normally ask to make sure you're logged in but you wouldn't be able to post the above message if you weren't.

I just downloaded it and uploaded it to my mediafire account so try this link

http://www.mediafire.com/download/uqtfslnl9cnb8bz/ALESIS_DM10.bfd2map.zip

Steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
iMac 3.00 Ghz 12 Gb RAM OSX Yosemite, BFD ECO, BFD2, BFD3, Protools PT11, MBox2, Dell Studio 15 laptop Intel Core2 Duo P8600(2.4 Ghz), 4Gb Ram, Windows 7 64 Bit Ultimate, Alesis DM10 drums , Roland SPD-S

davecmcgrath

Postby davecmcgrath » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:51 pm

Hi
I've updated again my alesis DM10 key map. My setup has snare, kick, hi hat,4 toms, two crashes and one ride plus an extra dual pad for percussion. This new map has the correct mapping for the ride cymbal as my previous may have been wrong. Hope this is useful
Dave
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
iMac 3.00 Ghz 12 Gb RAM OSX Yosemite, BFD ECO, BFD2, BFD3, Protools PT11, MBox2, Dell Studio 15 laptop Intel Core2 Duo P8600(2.4 Ghz), 4Gb Ram, Windows 7 64 Bit Ultimate, Alesis DM10 drums , Roland SPD-S

SKoT_FX
Promulgator of Beats

Postby SKoT_FX » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:03 pm

Thanks for donating the map - I've been meaning to look for someone with a DM-10 for a while to make & test a map. If you guys think this map is good to go, I'll add it to the BFD3 installer!
SKoT McDonald
CTO FXpansion]

davecmcgrath

Postby davecmcgrath » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:44 pm

SKoT_FX wrote:Thanks for donating the map - I've been meaning to look for someone with a DM-10 for a while to make & test a map. If you guys think this map is good to go, I'll add it to the BFD3 installer!

Hi Skot
if you need any more help /testing let me know, and great if you can share this map to others
Dave

SKoT_FX
Promulgator of Beats

Postby SKoT_FX » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:42 am

I've included the DM-10 map in the BFD 3.1 installer for the next build (not in the just-released 3.1.0.16, prepping next one now...)
SKoT McDonald

CTO FXpansion]

Drew_BFDTeam

Postby Drew_BFDTeam » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:29 am

Hey Dave, out of curiosity, how is the hihat performance on the DM10? I see you've gone for a fixed pad and expression pedal style controller, rather than a physically moving hihat. Any reason? Looks like a great setup!

davecmcgrath

Postby davecmcgrath » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:35 pm

Drew_fx wrote:Hey Dave, out of curiosity, how is the hihat performance on the DM10? I see you've gone for a fixed pad and expression pedal style controller, rather than a physically moving hihat. Any reason? Looks like a great setup!

Hi Drew
The Alesis DM10 kit originally comes with the fixed hat and expression pedal. There is now a dual cymbal Hi Hat version available but have not heard good things and it is still single zone. In terms of use the biggest difference I find moving from the Roland VH11 and TD12 set is there is only one zone Hi Hat rather than two so no tip/ shank, only tip. In terms of operation the footpedal is a little less accurate than the Roland ones but once you adjust your playing it is acceptable. In terms of triggering BFD3 the variable hat is more consistent because there are no moving parts on the cymbal pad compared to the VH11. I do miss the dual zone ability for tip/ shank but I can work around after in editing if required. All the other pads and cymbals give a good response ( especially with the mesh heads) and the snare and ride give all the usual articulations. The other difference is the DM10 has only one trigger set, where the Roland TD12 had trigger sets so you could have a different response for say triggering the internal sounds, another set for triggering BFD and another trigger set for playing live (where on stage vibrations may interfere so adjust sensitivity of pads). Overall I like the DM10 and only use it at home/studio/, whereas the Roland TD12 was used for live and studio.
Another difference is the DM10 has a usb midi interface built in ( as well as midi din plugs) and this seems to give a more accurate midi response using a usb to usb connection rather than using standard midi cables. This may just be my perception, but the latency is barely noticeable and of course the midi interface ( in my case the Digidesign MBox 2) may have been the reason for the difference even when set at low latency
Dave

Return to “BFD3”