BFD3.1.0.20 now available - Introducing the BFD Demo Pack panel, BFDLACTool, VCA Comp, and more...! - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

BFD3.1.0.20 now available - Introducing the BFD Demo Pack panel, BFDLACTool, VCA Comp, and more...!

Product Support for BFD3

Moderator: Moderators

Drew_BFDTeam

BFD3.1.0.20 now available - Introducing the BFD Demo Pack panel, BFDLACTool, VCA Comp, and more...!

Postby Drew_BFDTeam » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:35 am

Hi everyone,

There is a new build in your user-area that introduces several new features for BFD3:

- Demo Pack panel, where users can download demos of our expansion packs. The currently selection is as follows:
Eldorado
Percussion
Deluxe
Jazz & Funk
Oblivion
Sabian Digital Vault
Sleishman Snares
Sleishman Drums
Kabuki & Noh
Zildjian Digital Vault

We plan to expand the range over the coming months.

- BFD3 now has an additional application called BFDLAC Tool. This is a tool that can take your WAV format versions of your expansion pack content, and losslessly compress them to our BFDLAC format. This process is not reversible, and the resulting files cannot be used with BFD2 or BFD Eco. Use at your own discretion. But it'll help save you a lot of disk space, and improve disk streaming performance!

- There is now a new compressor available in the plugin called VCA Comp. This compressor offers a cleaner more clinical alternative to our character compressors. Featuring large ranges for ratios and threshold levels, it is akin to a semi-digital 80s VCA compressor. Launch the tool from the Tools menu item "Launch BFDLACTool...".

- 24 new full presets and kits from PopGuru.

- Various crash and bug fixes, optimizations, improvements, notably:
- buffer sizes of 4096 should now work if you have an SSD drive - this can massively improve loading time, memory use.
- Support for AVX2 instructions (512bit vector maths).
- drum kit view will now start a 2nd tier of toms and cymbals if your kit size tends towards "Terry Bozzio".

Please let us know if you experience any instability, bugs, or crashes with this build. If you get crashes please provide the crash TXT and DMP files that BFD3 will generate. That will help us to track down the issue.

Post any other feedback in this thread.

EDIT: Build is now final release.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Drew_BFDTeam on Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:25 am, edited 3 times in total.

Benoni

Postby Benoni » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:13 pm

Neat. Gonna grab it now

Benoni

Postby Benoni » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:34 pm

Benoni wrote:Neat. Gonna grab it now

Not seeing it. Just have 3.0.5.3 in my account

SKoT_FX
Promulgator of Beats

Postby SKoT_FX » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:32 am

Check your account's Notifications setting - do you have "Beta Versions" selected?

Ah... and it's still tagged as Private Beta... ok, fixed to Public Beta! Sorry about that! :)
SKoT McDonald
CTO FXpansion]

Benoni

Postby Benoni » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:24 pm

Yep it's showing up now. Looks like some cool new additions!

davecmcgrath

Postby davecmcgrath » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:07 pm

Hi
tried the new Beta on OS X Yosemite 10.10.4 but not all instruments play out, for e.g. the snare kick and toms don't play out only the cymbals in two of the presets I tried (Dry Funky 118 and Funk Polished). Gone back to previous version for now, has anyone else had this issue?

Dave
iMac 3.00 Ghz 12 Gb RAM OSX Yosemite, BFD ECO, BFD2, BFD3, Protools PT11, MBox2, Dell Studio 15 laptop Intel Core2 Duo P8600(2.4 Ghz), 4Gb Ram, Windows 7 64 Bit Ultimate, Alesis DM10 drums , Roland SPD-S

Benoni

Postby Benoni » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:29 pm

davecmcgrath wrote:Hi
tried the new Beta on OS X Yosemite 10.10.4 but not all instruments play out, for e.g. the snare kick and toms don't play out only the cymbals in two of the presets I tried (Dry Funky 118 and Funk Polished). Gone back to previous version for now, has anyone else had this issue?

Dave

Nope, both of those presets work fine for me.

Benoni

Postby Benoni » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:31 pm

Benoni wrote:Yep it's showing up now. Looks like some cool new additions!

I really dig being able to try out the expansion packs, great move! I'm trying the Sabian pack now, and man it sounds good!

davecmcgrath

Postby davecmcgrath » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:40 pm

purtington wrote:
davecmcgrath wrote:Hi

Dave

Hi Dave
These are BFD3 presets? have you tried rescanning your databases?

Have you downloaded any of the demopacks?

Steve

Thanks Steve, rescanning sorted the problem, haven't tried the demo packs yet, will give a go over the next few days
Oh just seen Deluxe Collection, I'm onto that right now
cheers
Dave
iMac 3.00 Ghz 12 Gb RAM OSX Yosemite, BFD ECO, BFD2, BFD3, Protools PT11, MBox2, Dell Studio 15 laptop Intel Core2 Duo P8600(2.4 Ghz), 4Gb Ram, Windows 7 64 Bit Ultimate, Alesis DM10 drums , Roland SPD-S

fankelomia

Postby fankelomia » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:44 am

Hi,

i installed 3.1.0.16 fresh on a MacBookPro 6,2 with OSX 10.10.4 and it would crash immediately after starting every time.
After removing it with the uninstall option in FX License Manager i installed 3.0.5.3 and that works perfectly.

Unfortunately all i have is the OSX crash report (didn't know about any special BFD report files), anyways here it is:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HarmoNoise

Postby HarmoNoise » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:09 am

does this improvement in the buffer size for SSDs have any effect on OSX Fusion Drives? When I tried it before it kept making Live crash.

SKoT_FX
Promulgator of Beats

Postby SKoT_FX » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:46 am

The 4096 buffer size was borked (crashing) for bfdlac in general in BFD3.0.x. 4096 buffers still worked with older wav data from all the expansion packs predating BFD3, which is presumably how it avoided detection. 4096 size buffers will work with both bfdlac and wav BFD data on any device that is quick enough.
SKoT McDonald

CTO FXpansion]

Shootkin

Postby Shootkin » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:47 am

Thank you for the nice update.

However, there are some layout issues:

Before (3.0.53):

After (3.1.0.16):

All BFD3s:

Concerning a last nitpick: it is possible to fix intervals and boundaries ([x: y: w: h: ]) in the MainEditorTitlePanel.skin file (from line 50 to 70) but I doubt it's suitable for everyone due to different fonts in windows and macosx.

My windows is 64-bit Windows 8.1.

Thanks again.

Shootkin

Postby Shootkin » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:43 am

I meant that all the information box is now far to the right and got out beyond the edge of the window. Not a bug but looks unpleasant. "Unass" lol.

Novikthewise

Postby Novikthewise » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:37 am

Hello there,

In this version the tonal variation of the AMG algo doesn't work. Even though AMG is turned on the tonal variation doesn't work. Its playing back the same sample over and over again no matter how high i set the tonal variance globally and individually. The loudness variation works.

I tried it in standalone and as plugin in Cubase. I also tried several kitpieces through my entire libraries and with old bfd2 (wav) and BFD3 (lac) libraries. No difference

can someone else check this please

Return to “BFD3”