Amazing GURU - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Amazing GURU

Support for GURU

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

panasa

Amazing GURU

Postby panasa » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:24 pm

Firstly I would like to commend the FX team on this product, a super tight and groovy drum machine. :D

I would like to make two points :

(1) When I export a midi patterns to my host DAW, in my case LOGIC 8, it does not sound the same as when it was playing through GURU's sequencer IMO, not as groovy or as tight???

(2) When I Convert GURU patterns to Audio (Hits on separate tracks) I loose some of the tightness/groove IMO.

And I am using good AD conversion Apogee rosetta 800.

So, I end up keeping the patterns in GURU and use SCENE triggers to change patterns.

Can you enlighten me on this so I can work in methods (1) and (2).

Drew_BFDTeam

Postby Drew_BFDTeam » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:01 pm

Got a sound example?

panasa

Amazing GURU

Postby panasa » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:14 pm

Not at the moment.

What is you opinion on this? Should the midi files from Guru sound exactly the same when played in the DAW?

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:28 pm

There shouldn't be any difference in 'tightness' or 'groove'.

One thing to be careful of is the Pad Volume sliders that overlay the Pad Names in Graph Mode. If you use these to mix levels on your kit, make sure you reset them all to max again after you export midi. The reason is that the volumes are taken into account on the midi export, but are then re-applied on receiving midi. This could be an explanation for the difference you're hearing.

Return to “GURU”