Help for Slice Quality - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Help for Slice Quality

Support for GURU

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Moderators

koma

Help for Slice Quality

Postby koma » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:51 am

Hi,

I downloaded this:
http://www.primeloops.com/loops-samples ... -loops~15/
Underneath the PLAY bar there is a download free samples.
If somebody wants to try this, the download is only 18M and the samples are great by the way.
Now I don't know how to program the slice/chop mode to get the sample to sound like it does/or should.
I use slice to midi in Ableton Live and it sounds good and the loop is as it should be. So I guess it's possible in Guru, but somehow I f...up.
Thx if somebody wants to try this out.

koma

Postby koma » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:30 am

Okay, so after the question here comes the answer. There is no problem with slicing, but I think it's a bug. I haven't used Guru for months since I got the drum racks, but now I'm starting to get into it again. All this just to say that today I played for a few hours with the last version of Guru and I had two troubles:
- After a while it just played the first 2 bars. Shut Guru plugin, open again, is fine.
- After a while again, it played the said loops back with pops and gating (or something that sounds like it). So I thought the engine wasn't working properly, but I shut and opened Live again and now it works. I guess there's a few bugs somewhere then in the 1.6.12 version.

*is there a bug forum/topic somewhere??* gosh, it's been a long time, but I'm glad to be back ;-)

Return to “GURU”