FXpansion Forum - Beta

Recording and using my own drum samples

General FX news, discussion, and a place to speak your mind

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

Recording and using my own drum samples

Postby sdinfo » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:12 pm

Can I record my own drum samples with BFD2 and assign them to my Roland drum pads using BDF2? My Roland TD-4 does not have memory modules and cannot store samples created in other programs. The samples I record and save would need to be stored on my PC and incorporated by BFD2 and assigned to the pads within BFD2. If this is possible, in what format should the samples be saved? 16 bit 44 kHz, 24 bit 44 kHz? WAV, AIF? How would I access them through BFD2 (which menu would let me reach them in the directory where I would store them)?

I can also record samples using another program called Audacity, which I have already done. Can I access those audio samples with BFD2 and assign them to the Roland drum pads?

Postby AshleySmith08 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:11 pm

Have you registered your purchased copy of BFD2 to enable you to post in the BFD2 thread for support?

Details of importing your own samples into BFD2 are covered in the manual - chapter 2:7

Engineer/Producer/Musician/Media Content Creator
MacPro 12 Core 2x2.4 GHz, 24 GB Ram | MacBook Pro 2.8GHz i7, 16GB Ram
10.8.4/10.10.4, UA Apollo Quad, PT 12.x

Return to “General Discussion”