Forum

FXpansion Forum - Beta

Deluxe Collection errors during installation cause failure

Support for the FXpansion online shop, useraccounts, registering products and all other aspects of the FXpansion website

Moderators: Drew_fx, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Moderators

sdinfo

Deluxe Collection errors during installation cause failure

Postby sdinfo » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:37 am

I have an installed and licensed copy of BFD2. I bought the Deluxe Collection and tried to install it. It supposedly was going to list a default location for installation, but the line was blank. So, I went to my dedicated drive and clicked on the BFD directory. I got a message that said this does not appear to be a BFD directory, should it be installed anyway. I then made a sub-directory in the BFD directory called Deluxe-Collection. It said the same thing, does not appear to be a BFD directory, even though it was a sub directory inside the BFD directory. I installed disc 1, but the menu to select the level of detail was stuck on small. I could not select medium or large even though I have plenty of disc space. So, I proceeded with small. When I tried to install disc 2, I got a message that Deluxe-Collection was not a fully valid BFD path. So, I canceled the installation, went to Add or Remove Programs, but BFD or fxpansion was not listed as an installed program, even though BFD2 is installed and licensed. So, I simply deleted the Deluxe-Collection folder and canceled the installation.

This package appears to have very serious installation bugs. I would not have purchased it if I had known it would be so much trouble. What do I do now to get this expansion package installed? What is the refund policy if I cannot get it installed?
The only time you are too old to try something new is when you are dead.

Platinum Samples

Postby Platinum Samples » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:42 am

The Deluxe Expansion Pack was created before BFD2 existed - consult the BFD2 forum for a sticky thread with simple instructions on where to install the pack.

Rail
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

sdinfo

Postby sdinfo » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:49 am

I also need to authorize it without an internet connection. The computer crashed, I got it working again, but the Ethernet port is dead. So, I need to download the license manager to the computer that I am using to write this message, and use the authorize a different computer option. Where do I get the license manager to download it?

sdinfo

Postby sdinfo » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:52 am

You said consult the BFD forum. There are many BFD forums in your Forum pages. Which main forum is this particular sticky thread located? I can't find it.

Platinum Samples

Postby Platinum Samples » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:57 am

There is only one BFD2 Forum

To authorize without Internet Access - its the craftily hidden page:

http://www.fxpansion.com/authorize

Rail

sdinfo

Postby sdinfo » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:58 am

Can you please tell me which of the forums the sticky thread on Deluxe Collection installation is located?

Are you talking about the forum labeled BFD2 and the FAO: Users with Expansion Packs thread?

Platinum Samples

Postby Platinum Samples » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:05 am

Yes, that thread instructs you on how and where to install to - I suggest you also read my PDF file with instructions for our older packs.

Rail

Return to “FX Website Support”