FXpansion Forum - Beta

Installing BFD Jazz&Funk expansion, How to find correct BFD folder to install this expansion pack?

General FX news, discussion, and a place to speak your mind

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

Installing BFD Jazz&Funk expansion, How to find correct BFD folder to install this expansion pack?

Postby NTWProductions » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:32 am

Hello everybody,

My name is Sam, this is first time I use forum, so I hope somebody will reply me:

I have a new macbook pro, logic pro 8, and BFD2 already installed and running. So I bought Expansion pack, Jazz & Funk, and now I tryed to install it, but the installer is asking me to browse correct folder, I tried to browse in: documents/FXpansion./BFD and installer said this seem to be not correct folder. So I tried in Applications/FXpansion/BFD and this did not work.

Some people say you have to place it to a Library place, and I don't know what to do.
Is there anybody to help me to install BFDJNF on correct place?

I have added images, screen shots in 3 staps that I triedy, and where I got stuck.
thanks a lot, hope to hear from someone.

2.png (956.56 KiB) Viewed 3070 times
1.png (1000.65 KiB) Viewed 3070 times

Postby AshleySmith08 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:49 pm

Hi Sam,

Please create a folder on your samples drive (preferably next to where you have BFD2 data installed) called BFD - I.e. Right/Control Click, select New Folder, and name it BFD. And then set this as the installation path - Click browse and navigate to the path on your samples drive and select the BFD folder you just created.

Once you open BFD2 it'll scan for new data and ask you to authorize any packs not authorized using FX License Manager. Do so!

After authorizing you'll get a pop-up in BFD2 saying that it has successfully auth'd, and you should then be able to see in BFD2's preferences page and under the Data tab (on the left) the new path has been added, and thusly you'll be able to load kit pieces and presets, etc... from that pack.

Hope that's clear and helps.

Ash :D
Engineer/Producer/Musician/Media Content Creator
MacPro 12 Core 2x2.4 GHz, 24 GB Ram | MacBook Pro 2.8GHz i7, 16GB Ram
10.8.4/10.10.4, UA Apollo Quad, PT 12.x

Return to “General Discussion”