Forum

FXpansion Forum - Beta

Protools M Powered 8 crashes when opening wrapped Lexicon MX 200 hardware plugin

Support for the VST To RTAS Adapter

Moderators: Drew_fx, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Moderators

johnsongs2000

Protools M Powered 8 crashes when opening wrapped Lexicon MX 200 hardware plugin

Postby johnsongs2000 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:01 pm

Having problems with VST to RTAS wrapper. Windows 7 64 bit. Installed correctly, disabled UAC e.t.c. I have the Lexicon MX200 hardware plugin VST. It shows up on the plugin dropdown menu but when I open it on a track it says the Lexicon is unavailable. Incidentally, if I open it on an aux track to buss it, it doesn't open at all and freezes and crashes Protools altogether. I have unchecked Midi device input, cant think of anything else that would cause problems. I only have one other VST plugin wrapped ( Tracks, IK Multimedia) and it seems to work ok. Though I think it is both VST and RTAS, but the wrapper just wrapped it anyway. I have uninstalled the wrapper software and reinstalled, wrapped again and still not working. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:43 am

Dug this out from an old post on KVR, it may or may not help:

1. Turn off the MX200
2. Start ProTools, BUT DON'T LOAD OR CREATE A SESSION
3. Turn on the MX200
4. Load or create a session with the MX200 as a plugin

johnsongs2000

Postby johnsongs2000 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:04 am

Cheers Rory FX, will give it a try and get back to you. Thanks for the reply.

Return to “VST To RTAS Adapter”