Forum

FXpansion Forum

BFD3 presets

Product Support for BFD3

Moderator: Moderators

purtington

BFD3 presets

Postby purtington » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:20 pm

I'm not a great user of presets myself but occasionally create my own if I'm messing around with loops and stuff just for fun
but someone who's considering buying BFD3 was asking if it came with lots of presets as they didn't like spending lots of time trying to get great sounds from raw kits.

Whilst I understand where they're coming from I sometimes feel like telling them to get something like addictive drums as that comes with around 150 presets + the ones that come with expansion packs. Most would agree that's really not what BFD2 + 3 are about and I think that's great thing but, if it helps persuade people to buy it who then later start learning how to mix drums and develop their won distinctive sounds then all the better.

I was surprised to find so few presets packaged with BFD3 as I had read that it would include lots of great presets to hit the ground running. I only have 37 presets and as good as they are I had expected at least twice that many so my question is, are there more planned for the future and will they be free ?

I know there are shared users presets and as good as some of them are it's just not the same thing (can't find appropriate emoticon)

Steve
Last edited by purtington on Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://soundcloud.com/steve-corr

GA-X58A-UD3R,
Intel i7 930, 2.8Ghz, Overclocked at 3.40Ghz
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
+ 500GB SSD drive for BFD Samples
focusrite scarlett 2i4
Windows 10 + windows 7 32bit

Ryazhenka

Re: BFD3 presets

Postby Ryazhenka » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:05 pm

purtington wrote:I'm not a great user of presets myself but occasionally create my own if I'm messing around with loops and stuff just for fun
but someone who's considering buying BFD3 was asking if it came with lots of presets as they didn't like spending lots of time trying to get great sounds from raw kits.

Whilst I understand where they're coming from I sometimes feel like telling them to get something like addictive drums as that comes with around 150 presets + the ones that come with expansion packs. Most would agree that's really not what BFD2 + 3 are about and I think that's great thing but, if it helps persuade people to buy it who then later start learning how to mix drums and develop their won distinctive sounds then all the better.

I was surprised to find so few packaged with BFD3 as I head read that it would include lots of great presets to hit the ground running. I only have 37 presets and as good as they are I had expected at least twice that many so my question is, are there more planned for the future and will they be free ?

I know there are shared users presets and as good as some of them are it's just not the same thing (can't find appropriate emoticon)

Steve

Hi there. i have a 36 presets. Where i missed one? hmmm

purtington

Re: BFD3 presets

Postby purtington » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:27 pm

Hi there. i have a 36 presets. Where i missed one? hmmm
[/quote]

I definitely have 37 but unless I had a list of yours I would have know way of knowing which one you were missing.

Steve
https://soundcloud.com/steve-corr

GA-X58A-UD3R,
Intel i7 930, 2.8Ghz, Overclocked at 3.40Ghz
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
+ 500GB SSD drive for BFD Samples
focusrite scarlett 2i4
Windows 10 + windows 7 32bit

Jason Brian Merill

Postby Jason Brian Merill » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:26 pm

the more presets the better, I am looking mainly for something to get drum sounds quick and also have awesome tweakability
Core i7 2700
6 HDDs SATA one specifically for BFD2 and SSD4
Presonus Firepod with v2.46 drivers
Windows 8 - Reaper
BFD 1.5/BFD 2.0/BFD PER

Funkybot

Postby Funkybot » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:08 pm

While 37 presets isn't the most in the world, they're 37 solid presets covering a wide range of genres. I wasn't expecting to ever use presets in BFD, but I did just that on a mix two weeks ago. Loaded up one of the rock presets, changed the kick to something with a little less beater, changed the snare (I think) but everything else remained pretty much the same with very minimal tweaking. I was super impressed.
Intel i7 950, Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R, 12GB Kingston DDR 1600 RAM, ATI 5450 GPU, RME Fireface 800, UAD1, UAD2 Duo, Windows 7 64bit, Sonar X2 Producer, Reaper

gkuly

Postby gkuly » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:24 pm

Greetings; Personally, I'm pretty happy with the BFD3 presets. If there are too many for a given plugin, then it's hard wading through them to find ones that I like -- i'll take quality over quantity every day!

Regards
Glenn
“The only thing to do with good advice is pass it on. It is never any use to oneself.” – Oscar Wilde

Return to “BFD3”