VST to AU Adapter and Mac OSX 10.7 and 10.8
For the adapter to work in 10.7 and 10.8, it is necessary to set permissions on the /Library/Application Support folder so that it is possible to read and write its contents. If it is read-only (this is the default on 10.7 and 10.8), the adapter cannot function.
The current compatibility status of the adapter is that it works for VST2.3 plugins and many VST2.4 plugins.
In cases of incompatibility, it is possible for the plugin vendor to update their software for compatibility with the adapter with minimal effort.
The Adapter supports all VST2 features such as sample-accurate timing, parameter automation, automatic tempo synchronization, easy preset browsing and FXB/FXP support.
All VST 2.3 plugins are supported, while many VST 2.4 plugins also function. Some VST 2.4 plugins are not compatible - it is possible for the plugin vendor to update their software for compatibility with minimal effort.
The following situations are supported:
- "OS X Carbon" and "OS X Mach-O" VST plug-ins on OS X / PPC
- Windows VST plug-ins on Windows
- "OS X Intel" plug-ins on OS X / x86.
The following situations are not supported:
- Mac OS 9 VST plugins - the VST plugins must be written for Windows XP (or later) for Windows operation or Mac OSX 10.4.x (or later) for Mac operation
- Mac PowerPC-only plugins (non-universal binary) on Macs with Intel CPUs
- Mac Intel-only plugins (non-universal binary) on PowerPC Macs
- The Adapter cannot convert AU plugins to VST format
- The Adapter cannot allow you to use Windows plugins on a Mac
- The Adapter cannot allow you to use Mac plugins on a Windows PC